Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm predicting playoffs

SkinSince87

First let's start by saying barring injuries of course. Most "experts" have us as the worst team

In the NFC East not to mention the NFL. I'm saying we will split our division games giving us 3 wins. 49ers, Bills, Cardinals, Seahawks, and the Panthers are not better than us and should bring us up to 8 wins. Dolphins, Vikings, and Rams will be tough but we should squeeze by those teams, that's 11 total. With an exception to a couple games last season we had a chance to win, better team, better understanding of the system, better discipline will equal PLAYOFFS....httr

Most "experts" have us as the worst team In the NFC East not to mention the NFL.

I don't know about playoffs but when you look at the other teams in our division this team is the youngest and the hungriest.

Philly - No matter how good, will be rowing up stream all year thanks to planet ESPN descending on them. Bizarrely enough that organization has gone "all-in" in trying to build a culture of winning around an epic loser that can't seem to stop courting controversy and is slowing, subtly moving back on the ground he's made to publicly make amends.

Dallas - An over-hyped, soft, middle of the road team that starts as unofficial SB champs every ******* year and works their way backward from there. As soon as someone punches them in the face, they fold.

NY - I have no idea what this team will be. It's old, not particularly talented or motivated. Have always heard about Coughlin wearing out his welcome, just seems like this is the year they completely give up on him. Just get a stale vibe from them.

If the Skins play anywhere near as fast and sharp as they did in the preseason and give some of these old, bloated ************* an honest four quarter fight there is NO WAY they finish last.

First let's start by saying barring injuries of course.

Let's not.

All teams have injuries. In case you haven't noticed, we've already lost one big name player for the year.

Prefer to ammend your prediction?

I'm torn between 6-10 and 7-9. I think the team shows improvement though.

Yeah, but this year they DON'T have a QB!

And let's not forget that's exactly the reason the entire media world is ripping the Skins, yet Seattle (the only team to get to the playoffs with a losing record) is ranked 19th on ESPN's most recent power rankings (Skins are 29th).

Ignoring their QB situation (but forgetting that ours might have improved or remained the same, since McNabb stunk last year), the media is in love with Pete Carroll and believes that they're going to be in playoff contention.

I don't believe we're going to the playoffs, but I also don't believe we're one of the 5 worst teams in the NFL. I'll bump my offseason prediction from 7-9 to 8-8, if we get lucky 9-7. I definitely think 9-7 is possible, I just don't want to set myself up for disappointment.

I don't think we can get to the playoffs being a wildcard selection with Chicago, Detroit and Tampa also vying for those spots. And I don't predict us winning the division either. But I wouldn't be surpirsed if we did. No, I'll take that back, I would be VERY surprised if we won the division.

I definitely see this year as being the year where New York and Dallas are weaker compared to last year. Sure, Philly picked up a bunch of star individuals this offseason, but have anyone seen how their O-line is playing? Holy crap! Vick may not make it to midseason. So, it'll likely be two low scoring games against Philly with the Skins, maybe, splitting the season. I mean, last year we were awful, utterly atrocious at most skill positions learning a new offense AND new defense! And yet we STILL split with the Cowboys and Eagles! So, it's not absurd to gain one or even two more wins in our division finishing 3-3 and, maybe, 4-2.

So, we then have to finish the job by whooping up on all the (supposedly) lesser teams. Losing only one or two out of the the following games (Ariz, St Lo, Car, Buf, SF, Mia, Seat, Min) could put us 10-4, Then splitting one of the two non-conference teams, NE & NYJ at home, 11-5. This should be close to taking the division or at least getting a wildcard. But I just can't imagine the skins going on a tear at the onset of the season.

For this scenario to play-out, we need to beat the Giants at home (huge), beat Ariz at home, possibly lose at Dallas (sucks), lose at St Lo (assuming they are improved). Then winning the next SEVEN games before the Jets come to town! I'm giddy but very unsure about this. That's what keeps me guessing about having an 11-5 or even 10-6 season is that there are usually four or five game stretches we need win consecutively. When was the last time we did that?

From what I have seen, I feel we are a 8 to 10 win team. I have a very good record at this, really my only concern is the defensive secondary.

Well, most people will have a "very good record" giving themselves a 3-game swing. 8-8 - 10-6? That's a pretty big spread there. Any where from last place to division winner really.

Pick a number man.

I'm gonna have to get the 128 oz glass of kool-aid because it is all in place for them to bust out.

Hightower may not be the future back, but between his performance and alot of house cleaning, it looks to be a prime set up for other teams to overlook us, and winning builds confidence; confidence builds swagger, swagger builds expectancy, and Shanny may very well have the pieces to do alot of damage to the rest of the league.

The firast game will tell alot of how the season will go...

Why must people do this every year. Every stinking year, someone says "oh, we are going to the playoffs!"

Dude, its no different than the mediots throwing **** at the wall to see what sticks. There is a VERY likely scenario we end up 8-8 or worse. 8-8 won't cut it. The NFC is too strong, and we would have to win 11 games, I believe, to make it in. I just don't see it with our schedule.

Although Zorny wasn't good for much outside calling the same trick plays twice, the whole "stay medium" thing applies here.

I'll smoke whatever he's on.

Look, it's no secret that our beloved team improved on both sides of the ball and that technically should translate to a few more wins here and there but to say we'll make the playoffs is stupid. Look at the other teams in our division. Cowboys will be good. Giants will be good. Eagles could outright win the division. How about other divisions? Falcons, Saints, and Tampa. One wins the division, maybe two wild cards there. Wait, there's more. How about the Packers, Bears, and maybe even the Lions (who are vastly improved). Not to mention some **** team has to win the West. Lets say the Rams or Seattle. Sooo how do you figure the Skins will even get a wildcard?

They look good in preseason but lets be real here.

Archived