Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WJFK Podcast: Holden Kushner challenges EB to a fight

Skadden

http://washington.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.podtrac.com%2Fpts%2Fredirect.mp3%2Fnyc.podcast.play.it%2Fmedia%2Fd0%2Fd0%2Fd0%2FdY%2FdJ%2FdW%2FdA%2FYJWA_4.MP3%3Fauthtok%3D5561549223895039939_dDctrekZmsLM31u3QgFhSPYo&podcast_name=8%2F30+Seg.+13-+Crosstalk&podcast_artist=The+Sports+Junkies&station_id=114&tag=pages&dcid=CBS.WASHINGTON

Hilarious. Eric Bickel (EB for short) said something really insensitive about Holden's dog, who died recently. As anyone who's a dog owner (or has known one) knows, they're a part of the family. It's thus really inappropriate to start ribbing anyone over a dog that's died. But that's exactly what EB did. And Holden, understandably, didn't take it too well.

I like listening to the Junkies (and WJFK), but EB can be a real ass at times. He's arrogant and I guess someone who really doesn't know when he's wrong and/or off-base.

I have no idea who these people are, nor do I have any idea what this has to do with the Redskins.

With that being said, RIP to the dog.

This. I live outside of the area and I stopped listening to WJFK when I was in the 6th grade and stopped being "cool" (hopefully, WJFK's style has changed since I left town).

Sorry guys, I posted this is in the Skins section because this is a local sports radio show that features the Skins all the time. I didn't know precisely where to put this, and I put it in the Skins section since I saw a "Lavar and Chad" thread in the Skins section too.

The Junkies are generally hard to listen to, though I liked them when I was younger. I found EB to come off as arrogant, though it may just be schtick. My favorite is when he used to refer to himself as "an 8" though I don't know if he still does that. I've seen his pictures, I think he loves himself a little too much. And seriously, making fun of someone's dog that just died? No one makes fun of EB's wife and how terrible she used to be doing commercials.

I am with Holden on this one. I listened to the Junkies for a loooong time, but their act has become tired IMO.

You're better than me. I lasted a little under a year and I then when I heard one of the guys verbally say "pwnt" on the air gave up.

You're better than me. I lasted a little under a year and I then when I heard one of the guys verbally say "pwnt" on the air gave up.

Yeah, that would have been the end for me as well. But I am pretty sure I did not make it that far. I stopped listening about three or four years ago and probably enjoyed them most back when they were doing nights...you know, when they were funny.

what exactly did EB say about his dog?

They didn't disclose a whole lot but EB apparently called his dog "dumb" and did/said other things that trampled on the memory of the dog the day after he/she died and today (two weeks later). He still couldn't figure out why it was such a big deal.

Archived