Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thomas: Rubio's Tide is Rising.

Kilmer17

Is their anything here other than the same pretty, yet entirely meaningless, words that are constantly peppered into republican speeches? We hear about compassionate conservatism all the time yet no details. When you do hear them they sound like this "help people succeed by not helping them" and is usually followed by a glowing smile completing the picture of total insanity.

Is their anything here other than the same pretty, yet entirely meaningless, words that are constantly peppered into republican speeches? We hear about compassionate conservatism all the time yet no details. When you do here them they sound like this "help people succeed by not helping them" and is usually followed by a glowing smile completing the picture of total insanity.

Clean coal, baby.

Rubio doesn't need a path to citizenship. He was born here. He's a citizen.

But' date=' that's not good enough according to the Birthers.

Joey Farah at WND has already said so.[/quote']

I suspect they'll change their minds if the person in question has an R after their name. Most Birtherism is highly convenient and cynical. Now, you may get some just because his skin is too dark, but the interesting proportion of how much of birtherism is strictly about racism and how much of it is about politics... I'd guess two percent is about concern for the law and Constitution.

As for Rubio himself, heard him last weekend, give a Republican rebuttal to the SOTU and while there was a lot of boilerplate Rebulicanisms as far as solutions, it was a beautifully written speech, really well delivered. He seems to have good empathy and to be smart (mind you, I'm giving him credit for writing the speech, but who knows how much of that he really did).

In any case, from that snapshot, he looks like someone that could represent America honorably and well which is rare enough these days that it deserves to be noted and hoped for. Be nice if he fulfills the promise many have for him.

Archived