Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has Michelle Bachmann already peaked?

@SkinsGoldPants

Since the strawpoll she went kind of quiet while Rick Perry was above the fold. Then you had reports from the folks that run the GOP events that she was becoming a Diva with her not getting off the bus unless the lighting was just right. Meanwhile, Perry and Romney were in the crowds trying to shake as many hands as possible.

Then you have the hurricane "joke" about its a sign from God about American Politics. Then you have her retraction saying that anybody knows her, knows she has a great sense of humor.

So.....seriously. Has she peaked? Will she fade out and/or start looking to be a VP candidate?

I think she will pick up a few more percentage points,but with Perry in it reduces her pull.

a mere congresscritter for POTUS is a hard road historically anyway

OT, but from the polls it looks like Perry is taking more Romney voters rather than hers

I think she will pick up a few more percentage points,but with Perry in it reduces her pull.

a mere congresscritter for POTUS is a hard road historically anyway

OT, but from the polls it looks like Perry is taking more Romney voters rather than hers

I think Perry's surge is more of a new guy factor than anything. We saw the same thing with Trump when we was flirting with the idea of running (I believe a CNN poll had him at 38% at one point). Perry has just as many question marks as anyone else (the Tea Partiers won't be too crazy about is immigration record).

Once he starts going national, does a few debates, etc... we'll probably see the polls come back to normal.

She's Dennis Kucinich.

Well,, I think she was a bit more than that in terms of being a darling. She had some groundswell, even if it wasn't much altogether. I never felt like he ever got as much interest as she did. And I think that's the Tea Party's doing. The last election showed that they can wield clout and that gave her the boost that put her into the mainstream mindset (moreso than say, Tim Pawlenty).. it put on the cover of Newsweek, crazy photo not withstanding, and gave her center-ring importance in the debates.

But, as is always the case in presidential races, they can be red hot one day, solid ice the next, especially early in a large field.

Can't say I'm terribly disappointed her lustre is fading. I think she's a nutball, and we're all better for her to not win the nomination. Nevermind that it's better for the GOP as a whole to not get so whole hog into the corner of a nutball like her.

~Bang

I don't understand the hate this women receives. Would you bash a mentally retarded person? Would you laugh at the foibles of a developmentally challenged person? Of course not. So why laugh at this poor woman? She is being used by the people that run the country. She is a manchurian candidate. She is so painfully ignorant that they can use her as a pawn in their games. She will be used up and spit out, and then they will find another mentally handicapped person to take advantage of.

:peaceout:

She's Dennis Kucinich.

You are correct sir. The only difference is that the far-right has more voters than the far-left, so she gets 15 percent of the vote instead of Kuchinich's 2 percent.

Bachmann was always toast in the long run, but she became toast instantaneously the day Rick Perry threw his hat in the ring.

---------- Post added August-30th-2011 at 10:23 AM ----------

Sarah Palin has a big Tea Party speech in Iowa on sept 3.

Then more traveling and money making.

I would not be surprised to see that she will announce Sept 16—”Constitution Day” she is in the running for President.

She's not running. And if she does, she is also a Dennis Kuchinich.

South Carolina is the state that chooses Republican nominees.

Perry is up 23 points there.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_SC_08301023.pdf

Bachmann is still in third, but she's got no place to draw support from. Cain or Santorum dropping out could help her, but I don't see any scenario where Romney supporters go anywhere but to Perry who loves Jesus a lot but loves deregulation more. And if Palin ever enters, Michelle, will be in the single digits within a day.

per the OP:

Michelle Bachmann peaked with that corn dog pic

Oh man. That one cracked me up. :ols:

michele-bachmann-corndog.jpg

As far as her peaking, I think Perry stole her thunder as the Tea Party go-to candidate. You never know, though. Bachmann could be biding her time while lurking behind a bush at a Perry rally.

Archived