Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good ideas for a weekend getaway?

GOSKINS_08

Without a budget or idea of possibilities...This thread is useless. And the responses from the OP don't even add to the topic.

Lol I was serious when I said I really don't know where I want to take her which is why I asked for ideas so I can get all types of suggestions for all types of things..But budget wise let's say 4-500 for hotel for 2 nights and stuff to do.

Thanks for the replies btw..I'm liking the deep creek(haven't been there in years) and the trip to the mountains ideas.

---------- Post added August-29th-2011 at 05:23 PM ----------

Condoms are pretty cheap.

Yeah but I can't remember the last time I've used a condom with my girl so that's even cheaper lol.

Charlestown, Atlantic City, Deep Creek Lake, Rehoboth Beach, Ocean City, Great Wolf Lodge, Massnutten, Virginia beach

I would love to go to Atlantic city but my girl is only 19.

Lol I was serious when I said I really don't know where I want to take her which is why I asked for ideas so I can get all types of suggestions for all types of things..But budget wise let's say 4-500 for hotel for 2 nights and stuff to do.

Do you listen to your lady when she talks about stuff ?

Anyway. With your budget you are better off doing something close to home or staying at hostels or family/friends.

How long have you been dating her BTW ?

I might just do a stupid beach trip. It's pretty cheap usually, but it is about the experience with YOU. You can camp out in your back yard under the right circumstances.

Do you listen to your lady when she talks about stuff ?

Anyway. With your budget you are better off doing something close to home or staying at hostels or family/friends.

How long have you been dating her BTW ?

I might just do a stupid beach trip. It's pretty cheap usually, but it is about the experience with YOU. You can camp out in your back yard under the right circumstances.

Yeah I was thinking about the beach too but I wanted something different..Its not really about vacationing or anything, we just wanna get away for a weekend and have time to ourselves since we're always around friends/family..So I figure I can find stuff to do with my budget, and some people have provided good ideas..We've been going out for almost 2 years btw.

Deep Creek Lake

got married at muddy creek falls (biggest waterfall in MD- very pretty) 6 years ago. just booked a place up there today to celebrate our anniversary. great place to go year round.

if youre looking for a relatively cheap ($100 a night), romantic place to stay, rent cabin 1 or 2 at the swallow falls inn. garrett inn is a little cheaper and was newly remodeled last time i checked.

did the mountain coaster- not too shabby. i hear the white water thing on top of wisp is great. lots to do there, in other words.

(side note- when i got married up there 6 years ago on a saturday, the next day was the first day of football season- skins/bears. i spent hours calling rental agencies and cable providers trying to find out if the game would be televised- i basically had to plan my wedding and honeymoon around the game. its kind of steeler country up there. DC and PA stations are what you get. and at the time sundays were dry- so no games at bars, cuz they were CLOSED! so, i had a huge dilemma. turns out, the game was on TV, partly cuz the steelers played the opening thursday game. woo-hoo!)

I have a one track mind on this subject.

Disney.

went there last month. good times. hell of a drive, but if you leave the DC area around midnite, you avoid all the traffic. same thing coming back.

If you feel like driving, Niagara Falls is cheap.

went there on my honeymoon. not really a horrible drive.... especially after driving to orlando recently........if you stay a block or 2 from the falls, you pay 60 bucks a room, rather than about 400. and ask for a nonsmoking room if you want one. otherwise, you'll get whatever they feel like giving you.

forgot to mention- chincoteague. really a cool little place. got its own little personality. the ponies are cool. climbed the lighthouse a couple of times. ate at ettas channelside restaurant. really one of the worst eating experiences ever. i would avoid it.

i stayed at the anchor inn before. not too pricey and a nice place. friendly staff and a really good continental breakfast (included). rent one of those 3 wheel motorcyles for like 25$ for an hour and zip around the island. fun stuff.

I have to ask you, say we go to NY, whats a good way to spend 2 days in NY without spending alot of money?

• Take a Bus - There's one I take from Richmond to NY that is about $30 round trip.

• Dockery is right - The Jane (or any hostel, for that matter) will accomodate you very cheaply. You don't have to sleep in a shared room, either. They have singles for a slightly higher price.

• You can find great deals on food just about anywhere you walk. You can get 10 dumplings in Chinatown for $2. Pizza is everywhere, and there are plenty of modestly priced restaurants. Yelp is your friend.

• Bars are the same. Heck, even in Times Square, I can get pretty loaded and walk away with a $40 tab. I found plenty of bars that sell $5 pitchers of PBR, $2 highballs, etc.

• Forget about the standard tourist fare. Just get lost, go to an exhibit, find cool concert, get wasted and take the subway around.

Archived