Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Comcast Customer Service: Vastly improved?

herrmag

I'm a long time hater of everything that is COMCAST, but am not offered Fios in my building yet. Today, something went funky with OnDemand, and I couldn't order the UFC from last night. I called the number, and she helped me troubleshoot the problem POLITELY, taking her time to ensure I went through all of the steps, and apologized profusely throughout for the issue I was having. We fixed the issue, and all was good. 20 minutes later, she called me back and asked if the problem had returned, and again apologized profusely. Has anyone else seen a MAJOR upgrade in Comcast's customer service?

I'm a long time hater of everything that is COMCAST, but am not offered Fios in my building yet. Today, something went funky with OnDemand, and I couldn't order the UFC from last night. I called the number, and she helped me troubleshoot the problem POLITELY, taking her time to ensure I went through all of the steps, and apologized profusely throughout for the issue I was having. We fixed the issue, and all was good. 20 minutes later, she called me back and asked if the problem had returned, and again apologized profusely. Has anyone else seen a MAJOR upgrade in Comcast's customer service?

This was obviously a new hire that has not assimilated the Comcast mindset yet, and will be terminated shortly

I moved into a brand new built apartment complex when I was in college, it took them almost 2 months to hook up my cable. Then instead of disconnecting my cable like I told them to when I moved out, they left it on, and continued to bill me, unbeknownst to me, for 3 months. Never giving them my business ever again.

I will say this much about comcast. When ever I had a true issue, I always went to the Comcast office in Rockville which was 1 minute from my office and the problem was solved in 30 seconds. New box, modem, billing problem, etc. In that regard the service was great.

When there was a problem with lines, it was sketchy. But then again, so was Fios.

I have had outages requiring somebody to be there for a repairman to come for each of hte last 4 months. We've lost 3 to 7 days of service with each, and 3 of the 4 times they have come and said it was installed wrong and "fixed the problem." So they have had 4 shots at fixing our service, and my wife and I have said the next time cable goes out we are switching to Verizon.

I had Comcast for 10 years in Boston and the service was always very good. Up there the cable boxes always seemed to blow up after 3 years or so, and they'd sometimes hand-deliver a new one and whisk the old one away. No complaints, and no billing problems. I'd read about my Maryland friends' Comcast woes and wonder what was going on down there.

Then we moved to PA, got Comcast again (no Fios in the area) and the service was... fine. After all the mid-Atlantic Comcast horror stories I guess I expected it to be awful, but we had no problems. They gave us a free Nintendo DS Lite one day, and I don't even know why. It just showed up in a box. Again, no service outages or problems. I ended up giving the DS to a disadvantaged kid, friend-of-a-friend's-kid type of thing. It made his Christmas.

Comcast is stupidly expensive though, at the standard rate. Not reasonable. So we'd call and threaten to cancel periodically, and they'd give us a better deal. Standard dance.

A few months ago, having reached the end of a two-year "discount" (aka "reasonable price") period, we called and threatened to cancel again. They told us they didn't have any discounts to offer. To this day there's no Fios around here, and Comcast knows that. They told us our cable cost would be at the full rate.

So we canceled our cable.

Never happier. And no worries about Comcast service either.

• 3 weeks later...

Is this improved customer service?

Cable installer masturbates in woman's living room

SARASOTA COUNTY, Florida -- A woman waiting for cable installation at home wound up getting a more explicit display -- right in her own living room.

The 24-year-old woman told Sarasota County Sheriff's deputies a Comcast cable installer came to her home on July 31 and exposed himself. Tuesday night, deputies tell our news partners WWSB-TV that they tracked down and arrested 31-year-old Shane Wheatley of Port Charlotte for the crime.

The woman told deputies Wheatley showed up to install cable service and began touching himself through his shorts. Then, when she looked away, she says Wheatley exposed himself and began masturbating while smiling at her.

Click on the link for the full article

Comcast is a joke. I moved into my place in Delaware more than a year ago and got cable with internet (I've got Magicjack and cell phones for my phone service). Not any special cable, just regular Discovery, History, etc. No premium channels and no special ultra fast internet. It started around $100 or so. I really didn't pay too much attention because it wasn't extraordinary. The rates went up and up until my bill was $157 per month! For just basic cable and internet. I was pissed and they wouldn't lower the bill even when I threatened to cut service off. I guess they knew there was no other choice in my area.

Then 3 months ago, I was driving home when I saw the heavenly sight of a Verizon Fios tent decorated in balloons at the entrance to my neighborhood. Yep, I joined. Now I pay $97 per month for the exact same service. I guess they could raise rates too, but that's not a special or a 6 month deal, or a two year deal; that's their rate. They actually give you a router rent free. You can access the settings and change the SSID if you want, but I haven't bothered. The funniest thing is when I used to look at the available wireless networks, I would see about a dozen networks with names like "Jonesfamily" or "RonsRouter," but now almost every single one has a Verizon Fios default SSID like "G45013." I think Comcast lost a BUNCH of customers in my neighborhood.

Archived