Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Not Cool, Best Buy in Howelll, NJ

Fear Our D!

What Camp Out did shouldn't be illegal; what Sun State did is plain old insurance fraud.

Well the state of Florida disagrees. The state was hit hard by carpetbaggers and made solid moves to protect the public. What Camp Out did was take advantage of a disaster and thankfully Florida corrected that. Florida however has it's own insurance fraud happening right now with Citizens ins. with the insurance friendly Gov. Scott in office Floridians face more increases in insurance even though the coufers of the companies that were hit hard have been fully repaid and some.

But I think the bigger point you made was Sun State double dipping and that is indeed fraud.

The state of Florida also believed (until recently) that gays shouldn't adopt, so...

so now you're comparing gay adoption to price gouging. All in an attempt to defend a deeply flawed and failed idealogy you hold dear.

Rather than just admitting you are young, naive, and still learning.

Welcome to common sense. This is why I cannot stand when my wife goes to stores that are les than 10 minutes from our house and EVERY SINGLE time she insists on getting a Diet Coke or Tea from those stupid refrigerated cases beside the checkout, and then she gets one for the kids too. She tries to get me one as well, but I decline. I think I might be pretty wealthy if she didn't insist on buying $2 bottled drinks simply because she has left the confines of our house.

Thanks for the write up and intel, SWFLSkins

No problem, just seen enough of it, people profiting while people are desperate is just morally wrong.

The state of Florida also believed (until recently) that gays shouldn't adopt, so...

uhm, uh, uhm, huhm, well....

:doh: No, I'm saying that just because Florida (or any state) thinks something doesn't automatically make it so.

Well there is the hanging chad thing so....I guess, but it does make it so in Florida FWIW, and they have set some standards for dealing with hurricanes. Even if Fema failed to use those lessons for New Orleans after Katrina.

I think it's funny how so many think that this is an example of price gouging when these are the same prices per biottle as what you'd expect to pay at a convenience store.....come on people step back take a breath and let the hampster in your head catch up with the wheel he's running on.
If they are charging the same price for each individual bottle of water as they normally would, I don't see how that's gouging.

I doubt they normally sell water by the case. Why should they be forced to change their profit margins?

Well then they should'nt sell it by the case, in fact they IMO should slap a sticker on it with Best Buy and give them away if people really were hurting that bad for it. Now if it was just to people hording ahead of the storm and were too stupid to pay that, so be it. But really if the storm had devastated an area like I saw in Miami -WWJSWF. Profit is not a dirty word, but gouging is.

I'm going to demand an investigation of my local movie theater for price gouging-3D tickets, popcorn soda candy, the whole 9 yards. Preying on poor saps who don't have big enough pockets to bring food.

Again Market value, you know going in what the going rate is for snacks there. BTW, they don't search purses and pockets do they? Webster defines gouge as,

: to scoop out with or as if with a gouge

a: to force out (an eye) with the thumb b: to thrust the thumb into the eye of

: to subject to extortion or undue exaction : overcharge

So does this mean hotel rates shouldn't rise during the Super Bowl? After all, people need a place to stay?

People who go there are apparently extremely thirsty as well but that doesn't mean that they are desperate. And again I think it matters as to being after the storm or before and that BB was before, so really people had a choice. I doubt when thinking about it that this would be considered gouging, stupid and with poor taste maybe, but probably not gouging.

---------- Post added August-28th-2011 at 04:00 PM ----------

So does this mean hotel rates shouldn't rise during the Super Bowl? After all, people need a place to stay?

In fact they don't "need' a place to stay, it is by choice that they are attending. People running from a hurricane or no longer with shelter "Need" and deserve it.

Well then they should'tt sell it by the case,

Why, so they could idiot proof their prices from people actually applying basic mathematics in their daily lives before running off half ****ed and unloaded screaming about a crime that isn't happening?

in fact they IMO should slap a sticker on it with Best Buy and give them away if people really were hurting that bad for it.

There are a lot of "if's" in that sentence....reality is that Irene was not Katrina..much to the chagrin of Jim Cantore and the Weather Channel and anyone else who likes to over hype every single weather forecast.

Now if it was just to people hording ahead of the storm and were too stupid to pay that, so be it. But really if the storm had devastated an area like I saw in Miami -WWJSWF. Profit is not a dirty word, but gouging is.

And yet.....it didn't do what Andrew did, and it didn't do what Katrina did...all told on the scale of hurricanes it was a blip on the radar.

Yet, everyone still wants to scream about this as if anything wrong happened here. :doh:

BTW, I went into my local Shell gas station today and would you believe that they are price gouging their water at $1.75 per liter of water!!!!!!!!:yikes::excited::thud: Do you realize that is $42 per case!!!???!!! OMG I'm calling my Attorney General!

There are a lot of "if's" in that sentence

And yet.....it didn't do what Andrew did, and it didn't do what Katrina did...all told on the scale of hurricanes it was a blip on the radar.

Yet, everyone still wants to scream about this as if anything wrong happened here. :doh:

BTW, I went into my local Shell gas station today and would you believe that they are price gouging their water at $1.75 per liter of water!!!!!!!!:yikes::excited::thud: Do you realize that is $42 per case!!!???!!! OMG I'm calling my Attorney General!

I take it you didn't read my next post, oh well. btw, If a Katrina had happened do you think Best Buy would have marked the water down? Love your sig.

---------- Post added August-28th-2011 at 04:17 PM ----------

People who go there are apparently extremely thirsty as well but that doesn't mean that they are desperate. And again I think it matters as to being after the storm or before and that BB was before, so really people had a choice. I doubt when thinking about it that this would be considered gouging, stupid and with poor taste maybe, but probably not gouging.

---------- Post added August-28th-2011 at 04:00 PM ----------

In fact they don't "need' a place to stay, it is by choice that they are attending. People running from a hurricane or no longer with shelter "Need" and deserve it.

See^

I take it you didn't read my next post, oh well. btw, If a Katrina had happened do you think Best Buy would have marked the water down?

Sure and they probably would have staged water collection drives to bring water from across the country to the affected region, but Irene was no Katrina.

Love your sig.

Thanks. ;)

I doubt when thinking about it that this would be considered gouging, stupid and with poor taste maybe, but probably not gouging.

Why would it be stupid or in poor taste? What if they got tired of people asking them if they sold cases of water? Who cares anyway? It's water! If you are out and around town at Best Buy, before a hurricane, I submit to you that you are not in the least bit desperate. The solution is called a faucet. Fill your pots fill your pans, fill your pitchers. fill your cups and bowls. The role of bottled water would be AFTER a disaster when the tap water is off or contaminated. Stocking up on bottled water beforehand is pretty much a big waste of money given that you have a faucet available.

Why would it be stupid or in poor taste? What if they got tired of people asking them if they sold cases of water? Who cares anyway? It's water! If you are out and around town at Best Buy, before a hurricane, I submit to you that you are not in the least bit desperate. The solution is called a faucet. Fill your pots fill your pans, fill your pitchers. fill your cups and bowls. The role of bottled water would be AFTER a disaster when the tap water is off or contaminated. Stocking up on bottled water beforehand is pretty much a big waste of money given that you have a faucet available.

Not that I don't get what you are saying and I really wonder if they sold case one. It is just another thing the media keeps repeating to get yourself ready? As you said, real dumb.

Archived