Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Drive-Thru Windows: The Downfall of America

MattFancy

So I'm pretty sure Drive-Thru windows are what is wrong with America today. Are people that lazy that they can't get out of their car and go inside the place? I was at Chick-Fil-A this morning and the drive-thru window was about 15 cars deep. So I go inside and there were 2 people in line in front of me. Why didn't people just go inside? People are too lazy today that they would rather wait longer in their cars and sit on their fat asses than get out of the car and not have to wait.

:rant:

I think drive thru windows are perfect for they type of people who use them. The establishments that generally have drive thru windows are marketed towards the type of people who would use them as well. Yes, the fat and lazy are exactly that type of person.

It's probably been 6 months or so since I've used a drive thru window. I just don't really like fast food too much anymore.

I don't eat fast food as much anymore either. But I mean common sense would say if the drive-thru line is long, go inside. But people would rather sit on their asses than walk 5 feet to go inside. Pretty sad.

Then why don't you go inside instead of going through the drive thru? :ols:

Amrerica? Spelliing the dwonfall of Amrerica

Actually I was leaving the parking deck at school the other day, they have two options, 1) drive up window 2)walk to a kiosk and put your card in and then pay for the time you spent in the deck. I was going to go to the window until I saw there were about 25 cars in line, so I parked, walked to the kiosk and paid for my time, backed out of my spot and about 5 cars had gotten through the window lol

I beg to differ, the downfall started when they took our beer drive thrus away 20 years ago in my home town. When I first could buy beer we used to to this place that was like a barn you drove into and told the gal got what you wanted, brought it in a plastic lined box with ice and you drove out. Sitting there looking at a box of ice cold glistening beer when it's hotter than Hades out, oh no, the thought of opening one while we were on the road never occurred to us . Really.:paranoid:

The food kind don't have as many redeeming qualities IMO but they are sometimes handy, like when you're driving through some town on the interstate traveling. As a rule of thumb, if you're eating at somewhere that even has a drive thru more than once or twice a week that's not good. Lot's of people do and we see what happens when we're the fatso's of the world.

specifically, my local Chick Fil A has the fastest drive thru service I've ever seen. During lunch when it's extremely busy (b/c who doesn't love CFA?), they have people out in the parking lot taking orders while you're in line so even if you're in the very back of the line that wraps around the building, your wait is very short.

Personally, I blame rascal scooters

A few weeks ago I was in Williamsburg, and I couldn't believe how many ads I saw for scooter rentals. The box trucks were all over town too.

They don't even try anymore in the ads. It's clear that the person riding the scooter isn't unhappy, disabled, or elderly (in the let's-make-it-undeniably-clear-in-the-ad-picture sense). Just notably fat and smiling.

The things were all over Busch Gardens too, piloted by people who seemed unfamiliar with the controls. The number of morbidly obese and/or lazy scooter-bound "pedestrians" on the park's walkways was really surprising, given my expectations (set years ago, when predominantly the things seemed to carry only disabled or really elderly people).

Disclaimer: I don't get down there all that often, so maybe that's just the way it is anymore south of Fredericksburg.

I suppose you could say that I'm guilty of choosing the drive-thru over a short line inside on occasion, but it has nothing to do with sitting down. I listen to my favorite podcasts when I'm in my car, so unless the difference between the lines is really huge, I'd rather spend five minutes waiting in my car while listening to a podcast than three minutes waiting inside while listening to other people order.

Archived