Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gauranteed Way for Obama to win: Operation Pick the Republican nominee

Rdskns2000

Supposedly, Rush Limbaugh's Operation Chaos gave Hillary votes in the Democratic Primary in 2008 Just bull**** from Rush's ego or not?? He asked Republicans to vote for Hillary , even registering as Dems if they had to.

I suggest the Dems do the same thing in 2012. Since some of the primaries are open; the Dems should be encouraged to vote for the Republican candidate that has a legitimate shot at the nomination but would lose badly in the fall. That candidate is Michelle Bachmann. I don't know how many states have open Republican primaries but if the balance could be tipped to her then Obama will be sitting pretty in the fall. Or they could register as Republicans and vote Bachmann in.

I'd agree with this sentiment if I didn't think that ALL of the republican hopefuls fall into the category of "can't beat Obama". Maybe Bachman is a little crazier than the others, but not by much.

Ron Paul would be the only one I'd be afraid of as a Democrat, but he's running a distant 4th.

Eh, i agree with EersSkins. Not sure it really matters. Though I think Huntsman is the threat, not Paul. Either way, neither of those two are winning.

Hell, i might even put Obama at risk by voting for Huntsman in the primary. Just to ensure that regardless of who wins, we're not going to be lead by a nut. I love my country too much.

How about stop playing political party games and vote for intelligent candidates that have a hope to fix this mess.

Or take your approach and say hi I am as intelligent as Rush Limbaugh. Lets play games.

And you wonder why our system is ****ed up.

I agree. Let's stop "cheating" and play fair. Voting for a screwball can backfire.

I agree. Let's stop "cheating" and play fair. Voting for a screwball can backfire.

So true just look whom the American electorate have voted into office for the last 40-50 years. It's just mind boggling to me the quality of candidates the parties offer up as competent professional politicians. I'd bet we could find one just one with more competence here in the ES tailgate.

Agreed.

Frankly, I think it says a lot about our society when we have people actively instructing people to go out and commit what I think is morally election fraud. And that the people advocating it believe that enough people will follow their advice to make a difference. Says something about the moral character of our country.

There are a couple of problems with this but I'll only address the main one - why do I want to help Obama get re-elected?

Signed,

Independent voter that voted Obama on the last go around.

(p.s. I agree w the overall point though which is that I'd be forced to vote Obama against 3/4 of the republicans that are running for office. If the GOP chooses a nut job to run this go around good luck with the loss boys.)

How about stop playing political party games and vote for intelligent candidates that have a hope to fix this mess.

Or take your approach and say hi I am as intelligent as Rush Limbaugh. Lets play games.

And you wonder why our system is ****ed up.

Politics is nothing but games. You don't think both parties haven't done this before.

If Obama wants to ensure his reelection, he should have a plan to disrupt the Republican primaries to tilt the nominee to someone he thinks he would beat easily. Republicans were grousing last time that dems were messing up the Republican primaries and giving Mccain the nomination.

Frankly, as a political strategy; that is something an incumbent president should try to do. Maybe not directly from the campaign but that is something the Democratic party should be encourage.

I really hope there is a 3rd or even 4th party viable candidate running against Obama and The Republican nominee in the fall of 2012. Right now, there is no single candidate I would vote for.

I'm not sure Independents can vote in primaries here in Florida; only been here since Feb. There is no Republican I want to vote for. So, as a political junkie, I just watch the games.

I expect Obama to eek reelection. You Republicans feel you have the great field and that no matter what, Obama is toast. I see a crap field and that includes Paul and Huntsman- don't care either of them. The 3 realistic candidates for the nomination- Perry,Bachmann and Romney I don't care for. Right now, as I have done for the last 2 elections; I will register my protest vote by voting Libertarian.

I do see an opening for someone to run to the left of Obama and depending on who the Republican nominee is; I see an opening there. If it's Romney, then I see an opening for someone to the right of him. If it's Perry, then I see an opening for a moderate type candidate.

A couple of Dems, actually expect a credible third party and maybe even 4th party challenge in 2012.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111903461304576524313844439194.html?KEYWORDS=schoen

I will tell you this, this country needs it; even if it results in Obama getting 4 more years. If the Republicans have full control, they will go to the right extreme so much so they will be out of power in 2014 if things don't improve.

Politics is nothing but games. You don't think both parties haven't done this before.

If Obama wants to ensure his reelection, he should have a plan to disrupt the Republican primaries to tilt the nominee to someone he thinks he would beat easily. Republicans were grousing last time that dems were messing up the Republican primaries and giving Mccain the nomination.

Frankly, as a political strategy; that is something an incumbent president should try to do. Maybe not directly from the campaign but that is something the Democratic party should be encourage.

I really hope there is a 3rd or even 4th party viable candidate running against Obama and The Republican nominee in the fall of 2012. Right now, there is no single candidate I would vote for.

I'm not sure Independents can vote in primaries here in Florida; only been here since Feb. There is no Republican I want to vote for. So, as a political junkie, I just watch the games.

I expect Obama to eek reelection. You Republicans feel you have the great field and that no matter what, Obama is toast. I see a crap field and that includes Paul and Huntsman- don't care either of them. The 3 realistic candidates for the nomination- Perry,Bachmann and Romney I don't care for. Right now, as I have done for the last 2 elections; I will register my protest vote by voting Libertarian.

I do see an opening for someone to run to the left of Obama and depending on who the Republican nominee is; I see an opening there. If it's Romney, then I see an opening for someone to the right of him. If it's Perry, then I see an opening for a moderate type candidate.

A couple of Dems, actually expect a credible third party and maybe even 4th party challenge in 2012.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111903461304576524313844439194.html?KEYWORDS=schoen

I will tell you this, this country needs it; even if it results in Obama getting 4 more years. If the Republicans have full control, they will go to the right extreme so much so they will be out of power in 2014 if things don't improve.

I like Obama, this isn't the way to do it, though. Other people do bad things - that doesn't mean that we have to be like them.

You want real change, real hope. You don't vote for a DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN candidate ever again. You rip their hearts out by taking away their power. They are plenty of minor party or independent candidates that should be voted in. How much worse can they do with the crap we have in now.

They only way the country is really going to change to take the power away from those who have it now and give someone else a shot. 2012: Obama vs. Republican nominee- no choice. I'll vote Libertarian again just so I can have the right to ***** for 4 more years. Though I would love for a real third or fourth party challenge in 2012 and I think conditions are ripe again for their to be one. Especially with no real choice in the Republican field. None of that field deserves to be president.

---------- Post added August-27th-2011 at 12:41 PM ----------

I like Obama, this isn't the way to do it, though. Other people do bad things - that doesn't mean that we have to be like them.

Obama won't do anything like that directly, it's not his nature. He doesn't have a killer instinct. His campaign though through his surrogates and the Democratic party though will do whatever it takes. It wouldn't surprise me if there's a check already waiting to give to Trump to run as an independent next fall. The other way Obama could win if there's a third party that draws votes from the Republicans.

[/color]

Obama won't do anything like that directly, it's not his nature. He doesn't have a killer instinct. His campaign though through his surrogates and the Democratic party though will do whatever it takes. It wouldn't surprise me if there's a check already waiting to give to Trump to run as an independent next fall. The other way Obama could win if there's a third party that draws votes from the Republicans.

Hurrah for dishonesty!

agree with eerskins as well. I don't see a Republican candidate that can beat Obama. Bachmann is a loon, Perry is a neo-con and they don't hold the power they used to since crapping in their own bed (plus people care more about economy so the railing on moral issues isn't enough anymore and, Paul is too much of a "wildcard" and the Republican base won't buy his anti-military (which is how it will be spun) stance, and after that the others are even less popular. Palin could step in, but she's a joke and while she has gimmicky appeal she doesn't have the national appeal needed to win an election, way too many concerns with her, heck, she took away from McCain's credibility just as a VP candidate.

and I don't agree with the proposed tactic. It's not enough to sway things anyways, plus it's dirty and underhanded, and what sane person would want to follow in Limbaugh's footsteps?

"Operation Chaos" was Limbaugh's idea, but he was inspired (mostly) by Markos Moulitsas, founder of The Daily Kos, encouraging Democrats in either Michigan or Minnesota to vote for Romney. Whichever state it was had lost its Democratic representatives in the primary process because of moving up their primary. Again, I don't remember exact details. But since the ballot was essentially Hillary vs other (all others pulled their names I think when the state lost representation at the DNC) so the Democrats were encouraged by Markos to vote for Romney to keep his campaign alive against McCain. Limbaugh's Super Tuesday "Operation Chaos" got the most press because it was more widespread, but neither side was 100% clean in '08.

That said, be careful what you wish for. Many Republicans loved the idea of this untested, junior senator Obama guy taking down the mighty Hillary. Hell, Obama's got no track record, and he's basically a rookie. McCain should crush him, so let's hope he knocks off Hillary, who's the real threat! Before they knew it, Obama was suddenly a real threat, Operation Chaos was needed to help bloody Obama, and McCain lost to this untested nobody from Chicago. People like the OP can hope that somebody like Bachmann or Paul somehow gets the nomination, even if it takes the same underhanded tactics they decry their opponents using, but you'd better be damn sure it can't backfire. It might take the perfect storm for Paul or Bachmann to beat Obama in the general, but it's not impossible. And if there's a setback in Afghanistan and the bottom falls out of the economy in late October of 2012, then you may have just helped elect President Bachmann. How would you feel about that? Hell, I'm a registered Republican and that idea scares the hell out of me.

So if you're still set on this idea, go ahead. Play dirty and pray to whatever deity you believe in that the worst possible scenario doesn't occur. But just remember that you'll hold blame for whatever happens of the perfect storm decides to **** up your plans.

If Obama wants to ensure his reelection, he should have a plan to disrupt the Republican primaries to tilt the nominee to someone he thinks he would beat easily.

This is the problem with politics. If he wants to get reelected he should be able to rely on his policies and track record alone to put him back in office and not HAVE to resort to trying to do political "tricks". A President should be able to say "since I have beenin office I have been able to accomplish a, b, c..." and if people think he has done a good job he will get elected again. This should stand for ANY party.

This is the problem with politics. If he wants to get reelected he should be able to rely on his policies and track record alone to put him back in office and not HAVE to resort to trying to do political "tricks". A President should be able to say "since I have beenin office I have been able to accomplish a, b, c..." and if people think he has done a good job he will get elected again. This should stand for ANY party.

I expect 2012 to be real dirty. Dirty tricks have been used plenty of times. Kennedy had the Chicago machine elect him president with all those dead people.

If you want more recent, they are people to this day who says Diebold voting machines gave the 2004 election to Bush. 2000 was dirty.

---------- Post added August-29th-2011 at 02:57 AM ----------

"Operation Chaos" was Limbaugh's idea, but he was inspired (mostly) by Markos Moulitsas, founder of The Daily Kos, encouraging Democrats in either Michigan or Minnesota to vote for Romney. Whichever state it was had lost its Democratic representatives in the primary process because of moving up their primary. Again, I don't remember exact details. But since the ballot was essentially Hillary vs other (all others pulled their names I think when the state lost representation at the DNC) so the Democrats were encouraged by Markos to vote for Romney to keep his campaign alive against McCain. Limbaugh's Super Tuesday "Operation Chaos" got the most press because it was more widespread, but neither side was 100% clean in '08.

That said, be careful what you wish for. Many Republicans loved the idea of this untested, junior senator Obama guy taking down the mighty Hillary. Hell, Obama's got no track record, and he's basically a rookie. McCain should crush him, so let's hope he knocks off Hillary, who's the real threat! Before they knew it, Obama was suddenly a real threat, Operation Chaos was needed to help bloody Obama, and McCain lost to this untested nobody from Chicago. People like the OP can hope that somebody like Bachmann or Paul somehow gets the nomination, even if it takes the same underhanded tactics they decry their opponents using, but you'd better be damn sure it can't backfire. It might take the perfect storm for Paul or Bachmann to beat Obama in the general, but it's not impossible. And if there's a setback in Afghanistan and the bottom falls out of the economy in late October of 2012, then you may have just helped elect President Bachmann. How would you feel about that? Hell, I'm a registered Republican and that idea scares the hell out of me.

So if you're still set on this idea, go ahead. Play dirty and pray to whatever deity you believe in that the worst possible scenario doesn't occur. But just remember that you'll hold blame for whatever happens of the perfect storm decides to **** up your plans.

Bachman wouldn't win. If she was the nominee there would definitely be a third party. 2012 is ripe for a third party/independent candidate to run. They might not win, but they could definitely tip the race. I don't think I can vote in the primaries since I'm an independent but since I'm new to Florida, not sure about the rules here. Paul will never get the nomination. Republicans nominate a Palin-Bachmann type candidate and third party is a lock.

I expect 2012 to be real dirty. Dirty tricks have been used plenty of times. Kennedy had the Chicago machine elect him president with all those dead people.

If you want more recent, they are people to this day who says Diebold voting machines gave the 2004 election to Bush. 2000 was dirty.

---------- Post added August-29th-2011 at 02:57 AM ----------

Bachman wouldn't win. If she was the nominee there would definitely be a third party. 2012 is ripe for a third party/independent candidate to run. They might not win, but they could definitely tip the race. I don't think I can vote in the primaries since I'm an independent but since I'm new to Florida, not sure about the rules here. Paul will never get the nomination. Republicans nominate a Palin-Bachmann type candidate and third party is a lock.

Like everyone here is saying, If Obama can't win without "help" he shouldn't win, then.

Obama just needs to implement Republican type policies, that way Republican voters might end up voting for him and Dem voters have no choice because the alternative is worse.

Oh wait...that is what he has been doing?

Hmm....how is it working out for him?

Not really understanding your point here, Mike.

Healthcare...Republican? What policies? Is Obama supposed to be a partisan Hack?

Not really understanding your point here, Mike.

Healthcare...Republican? What policies? Is Obama supposed to be a partisan Hack?

The healthcare plan that was passed yes, a lot of it was based on a GOP alternative to Hillary-care from back in the day. It has a few good things in it, but the meat of the package is a huge handout to private insurance companies.

The healthcare plan that was passed yes, a lot of it was based on a GOP alternative to Hillary-care from back in the day. It has a few good things in it, but the meat of the package is a huge handout to private insurance companies.

Interesting take - I would not agree, I think time will tell how successful it will be - everything else is mere speculation.

Well I wasn't commenting specifically on how successful it will be or not, and hell, if a Republican wins the nomination, all of them are saying DAY 1 goal is to repeal it entirely anyway.

Also, isn't Obama's cap n trade policy original a GOP plan that they ®s had to come out and suddenly hate because Obama was endorsing it?

Also, Obama continuing of the Bush tax cuts is suddenly not enough for them either, he is still somehow "strangling" businesses because he wants to close tax loopholes.

Shall I go on?

Archived