Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redskins must really like Royster. That's why they're hiding him from the rest of the NFL

Burgold

I had doubts about Royster making the roster because he isn't very fast, but after they put him in against the Steelers, he displayed a natural ability. He may not be our fastest back, but he always seemed to make the right moves. I like this cat. I'd be willing to go with Hightower, Helu and Royster. Cut Williams and Torrain and put Braun on the practice squad.

So you think that Royster is better than Torrain (and possibly better than Helu) based on part of one pre season game? If we have THT, we dont really need our 2nd or 3rd RB to "carry the team on his back". And I dont think it is possible to know if he actually has the ability to do so. But we do know that RT is a bruiser that doesnt break the big ones but can hammer away.

Royster did the same thing in college. It's not just one preseason game.

It's nice that we can even have such squabbles over such things. I haven't seen a lot of what Royster can do in a Skins uni (i missed the pitt game) but I am familiar with his play from Penn St. I was clamoring last fall that the skins should pick him up for his running and ability to catch passes out of the backfielfd. he just seemed like a perfect fit for running in the ZBS. I'm sure he'll get a bulk of the carries on Thursday and he'll be given the opportunity to play himself on or off the 53 man roster. Personally, I'll be rooting for him to make the cut but realistically, I think he'll be a practice squad player.

Great call. I figure 2 more years on IR just be sure the rest of the league has forgot about him and BAM!!!

2014..The year of the COMB

:ols::ols::ols::ols:

And what does that have to do with the price of eggs in Russia?

My point was that a good running back doesn't have to be explosive, they can be a grind it out back. Thanks for playing though.

Because we don't run a grind it out offense anymore. We don't run a power scheme. ZBS, one cut and go. Our RBs actually "need" to be explosive on their first cut. That's what makes the ZBS work.

Echo your sentiments.

Unfortunately, Torrain is way too injury prone to justify a 53 man roster spot. If possible, we should put him on IR for the year. Let him rest, get healthy, and improve his durability.

IR? He broke a hand, which is fully healed. This isn't 1986 where you can stash Mark Rypien away in IR for a couple of years. He makes the roster and starts as soon as Hightower fumbles.

---------- Post added August-30th-2011 at 02:07 PM ----------

I drop Torrain also. Youth is better at RB. Especially when the older guy is chronically injured.

LOL, Torain just turned 25 this month.

Royster did the same thing in college. It's not just one preseason game.

Royster looked ok tonight. Not good enough to justify a roster spot imo. He missed a lot of cuts. Torrain was in usual form and running strong. I cant imagine why anyone would think Royster is better option.

I think people just needed to be reminded about Torain's abilities after not having seen him for 9 long months. Hopefully, the whole Royster over Torain thing is put to bed now. I like Royster, but Torain/Hightower is an awesome tandem. Mix in an explosive Helu as well and we've got amazing depth at RB right now and a three-headed monster.

There is still something about Royster that I really like. He still reminds me of Byner a lot. On the run before the TD, I thought he was tackled for a loss and somehow made it to the one. He had that lean to gain yards. I agree that he probably won't make the team, but if he gets picked up somewhere else, I am going to keep my eye on him.

Archived