Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FWIW: Per Phillip Daniels tweet, Jarvis Jenkins already claimg he's okay

Skadden

Take this at face value for now. This is about as good as you can get before getting an MRI and other medical examination on Jenkins' knee.

Thanks for posting. Certainly hope he's okay. Will be anxious to hear the MRI results. The kid has ALOT of potential and looking forward to watching him develop throughout the year.

I don't have a background in Sports Medicine but I saw big fella walking on both legs right before halftime. He was walking gingerly no doubt but he was walking. If his MCL or ACL was torn, I don't think he would have been comfortable putting his full weight on the leg that's injured. When it pops, they usually have to cart guys off. This is obviously wishful thinking on my part. If we're lucky its a mild sprain and he should be back in 2 to 3 weeks at the most.

Don't panic yet. Let's wait for the MRI. I've seen and heard plenty of pops on the field and most of the time, the guy is playing the next week. I saw the injury but had to leave the house. Who subbed for him and how did he do? Thanks.

Matt Terl (@matt_terl)

8/25/11 11:57 PM

RT @dshif: Jarvis Jenkins on crutches. Said he felt a pop and doctors said it was an ACL. Not sure if it was a tear, though

Damn, that doesn't sound good. Seems like he would've been carted off the field or carted off to the locker room if he had a tear.

Matt Terl (@matt_terl)

8/25/11 11:57 PM

RT @dshif: Jarvis Jenkins on crutches. Said he felt a pop and doctors said it was an ACL. Not sure if it was a tear, though

Well, that is not good. 99% of the time a pop is going to be a complete tear.

I'm reading the complete opposite on twitter. Anywhere from torn ACL to he's out 6-12 weeks.

Well, conceivably if it was a meniscus tear then sure there's about 2-3 month (or 6-12ish weeks) turnover time from arthroscopic surgery.

If it's ACL he's done for the season though.

I guess we will have to wait.

Archived