Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com - 'Special' Feeling At Welcome Home Luncheon

Truant

Debbie downers will hate this....

'Special' Feeling At Welcome Home Luncheon

“We signed every player that we wanted from our own team,” he said. “We were able to do that this offseason. That doesn’t happen very often. We had Santana and Jammal [brown], all the way through our guys – we wanted them because they could make up the nucleus of our football team. We knew we had to have them.

“We went out and researched free agents, guys who were the nucleus of their football teams, guys like Barry Cofield, Stephen Bowen. They were not only great football players but they also had great character.”

Shanahan then recounted a recent conversation he had with his wife Peggy.

“My wife told me I’d been in training camp for 28 days and I’d been in the league for 28 years,” he said. “One thing that stands out that she told me, ‘You see something very special in this football team. I’ve never seen you so excited about a team.’

I think the biggest thing we forget about Shanahan is his year off "sabbatical" from coaching, where he went all over the league and studied his trade even more.

I believe in what we're doing and I got us as 2nd in the division. In only year 2 of Shanahan's system, that's pretty damn good.

Let's start by smacking the VaGiants in the ******* mouth.

Forget drinking the kool aid I'll have the bath please :ols: 11-5 or 5-11 I'm sticking with my Skins.

lol. Great quote Santana 89, and I HAVE to agree! There is something special going on here, even if it doesn't materialize this year. There is accountability on the field, something we haven't seen here in a long time.

“My wife told me I’d been in training camp for 28 days and I’d been in the league for 28 years,” he said. “One thing that stands out that she told me, ‘You see something very special in this football team. I’ve never seen you so excited about a team.’

You can't argue with the misses............

banana_dance.gif

I'm of the cautious optimistic group. But I'm getting fired up, i must admit. However, we NEED to beat the Giants on Sept 11. We can't allow them to keep beating us at home. Its no longer acceptable.

This. We need to set the tone EARLY. Even if we don't win, I want to see a crisp, alert, organized Redskins team on the 11th.

But, I am excited. I love this team...almost like a member of my own family. Let's go 'Skins!

This. We need to set the tone EARLY. Even if we don't win, I want to see a crisp, alert, organized Redskins team on the 11th.

But, I am excited. I love this team...almost like a member of my own family. Let's go 'Skins!

I'm pretty sure that I love this team more than certain members of my extended family :ols:

I have to say...that was an awesome read. This team has a Gibbs 1.0 feel to it. Good character, good work ethic, and a bunch of players playing for each other. I'd love to see them make a run this year.

lol. Great quote Santana 89, and I HAVE to agree! There is something special going on here, even if it doesn't materialize this year. There is accountability on the field, something we haven't seen here in a long time.

I agree DC9 no matter the win/loss record I know this team is putting in the effort to become great and it's definitely something to be excited about.

Archived