Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Concealed hangun permit in VA?

Slateman

So once upon a time I had a CHP for Virginia. Joined the Marine Corps and it lapsed. Now I have to re-apply for the permit.

Anyway, its required to list where I've lived for the past five years. Does anyone know if I just have to provide a list of addresses or if I have to include dates?

So once upon a time I had a CHP for Virginia. Joined the Marine Corps and it lapsed. Now I have to re-apply for the permit.

Anyway, its required to list where I've lived for the past five years. Does anyone know if I just have to provide a list of addresses or if I have to include dates?

i'm pretty sure you just have to list your current address. you may have to provide your residence history but i'm not sure if its for 5 years

You don't have both ?

Anyway, they are forgiving with dates but addresses should be a given.

Are they going to make you take a class ?

Both is kind of sketchy for me because I changed my residence in VA after I joined, but I don't remember when.

I don't have to take the class. I have a DD 214. Actually, I have a DD 214 that says Combat Marksmanship Instructor. I could probably teach the class ....

i'm pretty sure you just have to list your current address. you may have to provide your residence history but i'm not sure if its for 5 years

Paperwork says 5 years.

If that is the case you need to do some research on your own to figure out where you lived and when. We won't know that. Talk to some or your buddies that lived around you at the time.

At least an idea of the date. I remember many approximate dates. Not the specific date or day sometimes, but... "it had to be" such and such time frame because this was going on at the time.

I have one residence that I can't recall the exact address of over the last 30+ years ( I know I could find it out pretty easily though). I guess growing up in the Military made me pay attention to certain things.

Archived