Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Colts Hightlights

TXREDSKINS44

I must say I was one of CP26's biggest fans and supporters on this board. But after seeing the new running backs playing this preseason I'm happy they made the switch. It needed to happen. I guess that's why I'm not the coach, i probably would have tried to keep him around 1 more year lol. Thanks for the post being in Lake Tahoe i havent been able to see most of the Redskins first two preseason games.

At the 8-9 second mark in the Hightower vid, one will see him cut right through a newly opened hole for what should have been about a 7 yard gain. At that exact point he had a choice of continuing to sweep left, or burst forward through that hole. He chose the latter. It was one of the best one cut moves by a back since Shanny implemented the ZBS.

As for Helu, he seems to be very powerful for an essentially agile back. His strongest asset appear to be his agility, insofar as he can make one miss a tackle and he's able to position his body so quickly with great anticipation. Then he just powers through the arm tackles of the defenders that are thinking one step behind him.

Hightower seems to be the polished 1C back that thrives in a Shanny ZBS. I am just scared about what Helu can do with just a little polish.

EDIT: Oh and how could I forget. Those are some exceedingly well edited vids, TXREDSKIN44. I sincerely enjoy it when you post them.

Mods, feel free to merge this with "Game Tape: Redskins vs. Colts Preseason Week 2 " thread.

Absolutely not. Aside from the fact that these threads deal soley with the highlights,(and you play requests),they also provide outstanding reference for many topics of conversation on the board about the game and/or players. Fine work and thanks for doing all of it.

Colts 2nd Drive

th_Colts2ndDrive-1.jpg

---------- Post added August-23rd-2011 at 11:54 AM ----------

Absolutely not. Aside from the fact that these threads deal soley with the highlights,(and you play requests),they also provide outstanding reference for many topics of conversation on the board about the game and/or players. Fine work and thanks for doing all of it.

It's just something I can do to give back to this great board.

Watching our defense more closely, I'm really impressed with the athleticism of Kerrigan and Orakpo. Also, Helu has a ton of burst from a standstill, which helps him recover after putting moves on defenders. Obviously won't be running anyone over though.

Thanks for posting these clips up!

TK, your are God ... actually, I take that back. God would not cut up the vids like you do, probably just give us one big chunk to watch with a cheesy linkin park song in the background.

anyone notice how beck TOTALLY blew the read on the play inside the redzone at the 3:12 mark? that was bad cause he took a sack and it would/could have been 6. he missed the slot receiving at the bottom of the field/to Beck's right.

Archived