Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Torain, Alexander, Davis, Helu Interviews after todays practice (http://www.bmitchlive.com)

bishtw

Didn't this posted anywhere so thought I'd share. Really impressed with Roy Helu, instead of resting on his laurels after a great game in Indy he admits that he needed to finish that long run and is working hard on conditioning his legs for those longer runs.

Torain says he able to practice some but not fully ready and that the coaches don't want the players discussing their injuries.

Fred Davis talks about the starting QB situation a bit, says he's glad he isn't the one making the decision.

Not talked about in the video, but when talking about injuried players they showed a clip of Kelly standing around yet again. Really wish he was healthy just so we could see what this guy has but oh well. The writing is on the wall for this kid.

The link to the video http://www.bmitchlive.com/video/263

Not talked about in the video, but when talking about injuried players they showed a clip of Kelly standing around yet again. Really wish he was healthy just so we could see what this guy has but oh well. The writing is on the wall for this kid.

Frustrating. Damn frustrating we can't at least finally see if there really is anything to the comb. Really thought this year would finally be the one we'd at least get to see him in legitimate action.

The link to the video http://www.bmitchlive.com/video/263

Thanks for posting brother - hope all is well man!!!

Thanks for posting brother - hope all is well man!!!

Everything's good bro, how you been. I know you're way out in Missou but was hopin I'd see you at the Pittsburg game. Just got my tix to the Tampa game, don't know if you'll make it or not but hopefully we'll catch up at some game at some point.

Frustrating. Damn frustrating we can't at least finally see if there really is anything to the comb. Really thought this year would finally be the one we'd at least get to see him in legitimate action.

Exactly. You know even with a health preseason and all the opportunity in the world he might not amount to crap but it sucks not knowing. Maybe its IR for him again but besides that I can't see him making the team without playing and playing well against Baltimore.

395968-broken-life-of-comb.jpg

That's the most you'll ever see of the comb. He is done, time for him to go to the trash can where he belongs.

Hard not to root for Helu, He doesn't look like hell ever be as entertaining as CP was in front of the camera... but he sounds like he has an extremely hard working attitude which will only make him better with experience.

Great post, thanks! I don't think Kelly is as out of the picture as many people here think. I am certain his injury history is a problem, but we are forgetting that Shanahan has seen him workout privately last year during the season, and with the team during last years OTAs. There's a reason Shanahan has been patient with him thus far. He has the best hands and size on the team. We are a team with red zone scoring deficiencies, that's where you need height and good hands the most. It's going to be interesting to see how his situation plays out. I also think folks are making too much out of this "standing around" stuff. They make it seem like he's goofing off. He's getting mental reps and being a part of the team when he's not relegated to the stationary bike. If Shanahan thought he were garbage, he would has discarded him already.

Great post, thanks! I don't think Kelly is as out of the picture as many people here think. I am certain his injury history is a problem, but we are forgetting that Shanahan has seen him workout privately last year during the season, and with the team during last years OTAs. There's a reason Shanahan has been patient with him thus far. He has the best hands and size on the team. We are a team with red zone scoring deficiencies, that's where you need height and good hands the most. It's going to be interesting to see how his situation plays out. I also think folks are making too much out of this "standing around" stuff. They make it seem like he's goofing off. He's getting mental reps and being a part of the team when he's not relegated to the stationary bike. If Shanahan thought he were garbage, he would has discarded him already.

Thats what I was saying the whole time. I also heard him and beck workout this offseason. And when camp started it was said that Beck and Kelly was in sync and Kelly was explosive and looking good.

Everything's good bro, how you been. I know you're way out in Missou but was hopin I'd see you at the Pittsburg game. Just got my tix to the Tampa game, don't know if you'll make it or not but hopefully we'll catch up at some game at some point.

Just booked my flight for the home opener - coming out w/ my brother who is unfortunately a G Men fan, but can't wait to tailgate the right way to kick off the year. I'll also be @ the STL road game & possibly Miami later on too, but I'll keep ya posted.

Exactly. You know even with a health preseason and all the opportunity in the world he might not amount to crap but it sucks not knowing. Maybe its IR for him again but besides that I can't see him making the team without playing and playing well against Baltimore.

Yup. The unknown factor is what's so damned annoying. He's like a football version of Greg Oden with a way lower ceiling.

Archived