Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Program alert: Redskins v. Colts replay at 4p on NFLN GAMEDAY RE-THREAD

SWFLSkins

This thread can work as a game day discussion thread, bb at 4.pm

---------- Post added August-21st-2011 at 02:18 PM ----------

Think I'll tune in since I haven't seen the Skins at all this preseason. I mainly want to see Helu in action.

Yeah I like the DVR so I can watch the lines and the defensive backfield.

+The Colts look like crap.....and the annoucers trying to blame Kerrigan

---------- Post added August-21st-2011 at 04:14 PM ----------

Corners stil playing 10 yards off on 3rd and 9

---------- Post added August-21st-2011 at 04:15 PM ----------

Austin more than capable for a return guy.

Helu had one really great play and a few mediocre ones thus far. Too bad Armstrong held on his great run. I was really impressed by his read on the linebacker and his ability to cut it up and get by. He's had a few sub par carries as well. If he keeps learning, we have a heck of a back in him. He looks like a receiving threat out of the backfield.

Trent Williams had an excellent game against Pittsburgh last week, but he got owned down on the goal line there. Wow.

I think Beck looks crisp and some of the down field throws will come as he develops some timing with the recievers. I like how fast he seems to run the plays, no delays.No happy feet.

---------- Post added August-21st-2011 at 04:29 PM ----------

Meanwhile what the hell do the Colts do if Peyton is not good for the year? Kerrigan had sack, but it was a hold. Wow sack holds.

Prime example of what i mean when I'm on Danny Smith

if anyone has DVR, rewind that punt return and watch the penalties.. there's two blatant ones.. obviously Riley's.. but also watch Reed Doughty right in the middle of the field.

He doesn't see the front of that guy even ONCE, He just targets his back and hits him. AMAZING he doesn't draw a flag too.

Two vets. Both on Special teams for several years here now. Committing those penalties as obvious as that.

Two Danny Smith special teams veterans.

Wait til the third punt return,, watch two more Danny Smith special teams vets commit sloppy penalties. I can understand rookies, but not these guys with these types of moronic penalties. That's on the coach.

~Bang

Beck absolutely holds the ball too long. I understand that criticism for sure.

I think the motion is awkward but I don't really think he holds it too long. Some of that could be just playing time, remember this guy has not really had much practice and many of these recievers are completely new to him and the system.

that being said, I don't know which guys gives the Redskins the best chance to win.

Beck looks totally unimpressive to me. He completed throws ANY NFL QB should be able to make, and didn't even try anything past 10 yards. Rex looked way more impressive against Pittsburgh in my opinion.

Yeah I agree here. There's still Baltimore's defense for Beck to go against. I don't see how he wrapped up the job with the first half of the Colts game.

Archived