Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Recommendations for XBOX 360 Games

JonsieRB34

I'm getting back surgery at the beginning of September so needless to say I will be spending the majority of my time in need of some home entertainment. I'm already stock-piling DVDs and have plenty of FFL and Football to follow, but I'm also looking to spend some time on 360.

I already got NCAA and will get Madden but also wanted to get a couple other games. I haven't really gotten into games like COD or Halo (at all) but would like some recommendations. For all the gamers out there, what 3 games would you want to have at your disposal in this situation?

I'm getting back surgery at the beginning of September so needless to say I will be spending the majority of my time in need of some home entertainment. I'm already stock-piling DVDs and have plenty of FFL and Football to follow, but I'm also looking to spend some time on 360.

I already got NCAA and will get Madden but also wanted to get a couple other games. I haven't really gotten into games like COD or Halo (at all) but would like some recommendations. For all the gamers out there, what 3 games would you want to have at your disposal in this situation?

good luck with the surgery..

lots of good ones coming out, here are just a few.

Mass Effect 3

Portal 2

Elder Scrolls

Battlefield 3

MW3

Batman

id want a FPS, and im really liking the promos for Battlefield 3. since youre having surgery, youre going to have a lot of time. id recommend a bigger, multifasceted game like Elder Scrolls or Assasins Creed. i would also choose a racing game. i think forza has a new game coming out soon.

there are a lot more awesome games coming out.. im sure others will let you know about them.

i believe Best Buy is about to do a buy 2 get 1 free deal soon. good luck and dont gain too much weight.

Halo: Reach

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (A HD remake of the original game, plus a multi-player based off of the Reach engine that will include classic maps.) Out in November

Gears of War 3 (Also November release)

Borderlands

Fallout 3

Viking

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Bio-Shock 1 and Bio-Shock 2

If you're looking for some games to buy immediately in September, there have been some great suggestions.

However, I'll recommend two of my all-time favorites. Assassin's Creed 2 and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. (You don't have to play the first one, they catch you up to speed in 2 and the first AC is pretty terrible comparatively)

Bio-shock and Resident Evil 5 are essential games for this generation of consoles. If you want a game that you'll find yourself immediately immersed in and addicted to, get The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. In fact, if you like RPGs, Bethesda is the premier company for this genre.

i have to say fallout Las Vegas was incredible and i usually hate games like that. i would recommend it to anyone, especially somebody looking to waste some free time.( you can get lost in this game and wake up and the day is gone seriously and I don't play video games like that (well for that long).

also agree on Resident Evil 5 by far one of the best games I've ever played so much fun, but only for like 2 days so not so much about wasting time.

If you don't like FPS, I would recommend trying Batman:Arkham Aslyum. The new one comes out in October (Batman: Arkham City), but the first one is great and was a pick for game of the year. You can probably get it for $20 now.

For Xbox Live Arcade:

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

From Dust

Stacking

Castlevania Symphony of the Night

Catan

Shadow Complex

Xbox Games:

Oblivion

Fallout 3

NBA2K11

NCAA 2012

FIFA11

FarCry 2 ( i loved this game. Good story all the way through)

L.A. Noire

Portal 2

Saints Row 2

Civilizations Revolutions

Battlefield/C.O.D. games

The new Mortal Kombat

Red Dead Redemption (one of the best endings)

Bioshock 1 and 2

Batman Arkham Assylum

Coming out:

Dues Ex Human revolution

Batman Arkham City

Battlefield 3

Skyrim

Saints Row 3

Gears of War 3

Far Cry 3

I've been looking in to maybe getting an RPG for downtime as well. The only one I've ever liked was Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. Pretty badass, but I'm not too high on the turn based, non-interactive combat. Thought about getting Mass Effect, and I know Bioware made it, but some of the things I hear about it have made it hard for me to pull the trigger on buying it.

Especially since I don't want to miss out on something better. I loved Red Dead Redemption, and Assassin's Creed II sounds a lot like it, besides the entire eras being different. I know the role playing aspects are limited compared to a true RPG, but it still may have enough of that complex to get by.

I also have Project Gotham Racing 1 and 2...I enjoy both of them, but they can get monotonous after a while. Dirt 3 sounds crazy, I think I'm looking for more of something along those lines. Wild races, perhaps off road, that sort of thing. An expansive customization on the vehicle itself would be a huge, huge plus.

I don't buy anything when I go to Gamestop because it's too hard of a choice. Should I go for one of the RPGs, even though I've never truly been a fanatic about them? Is Mass Effect just-that-good? Should I go with Fallout 3 instead? I'm WAY more in to the future warfare thing, don't think I'd like Fallout, TBH. How about Knights of the Old Republic II? Heard it wasn't as good as the original game. Maybe I'll go for a racing game?

I've been looking in to maybe getting an RPG for downtime as well. The only one I've ever liked was Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. Pretty badass, but I'm not too high on the turn based, non-interactive combat. Thought about getting Mass Effect, and I know Bioware made it, but some of the things I hear about it have made it hard for me to pull the trigger on buying it.

Especially since I don't want to miss out on something better. I loved Red Dead Redemption, and Assassin's Creed II sounds a lot like it, besides the entire eras being different. I know the role playing aspects are limited compared to a true RPG, but it still may have enough of that complex to get by.

I also have Project Gotham Racing 1 and 2...I enjoy both of them, but they can get monotonous after a while. Dirt 3 sounds crazy, I think I'm looking for more of something along those lines. Wild races, perhaps off road, that sort of thing. An expansive customization on the vehicle itself would be a huge, huge plus.

I don't buy anything when I go to Gamestop because it's too hard of a choice. Should I go for one of the RPGs, even though I've never truly been a fanatic about them? Is Mass Effect just-that-good? Should I go with Fallout 3 instead? I'm WAY more in to the future warfare thing, don't think I'd like Fallout, TBH. How about Knights of the Old Republic II? Heard it wasn't as good as the original game. Maybe I'll go for a racing game?

From all you wrote I really think you would like Batman: Arkham Aslyum a lot.

That's a good call, haven't seen it at Gamestop lately.

The IGN review says the AI is lame...isn't that more geared towards online play? If I buy a Forza, I'll wait for Forza 4.

Forza 4 will be awesome, and it may be coming out for this holiday season. I didnt see too much wrong with the AI in Forza 3 from when I played it, but who knows. Everyone has their own gripe. Forza 3 has cool online interaction, like at the auctionhouse where people can buy suped up cars and cars with unique one of a kind paint jobs, that get pretty intricate and extravagant.

Archived