Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rex trying too hard?

MintSkinz

It seems to me Rex is trying too hard with his passes, always trying to get the big play in. Yesterday's pick was undoubtedly a poor decision by him. Anyone feel as if Beck has already gotten the starting job locked up and Rex trying to prove himself? Maybe it's just me but Beck doesn't seem to be more aggressive even though his job is on the line?

It seems to me Rex is trying too hard with his passes, always trying to get the big play in. Yesterday's pick was undoubtedly a poor decision by him. Anyone feel as if Beck has already gotten the starting job locked up and Rex trying to prove himself? Maybe it's just me but Beck doesn't seem to be more aggressive even though his job is on the line?

I don't think Rex is trying to hard....nor do I think it's Beck's job outright. You can tell by watching Beck's games in Miami, and Grossman's in Chicago. Grossman...is ****y, he's a gunslinger....he's occasionally going to force throws, he's aggressive and honestly, I think he likes to prove that he can hit the "big one." Beck is the exact opposite. He's conservative, he's the game manger, no mistakes, no big plays. You could argue that's pretty smart, but it may also come from a lack of confidence....I don't know which.

I don't think Rex is trying to hard....nor do I think it's Beck's job outright. You can tell by watching Beck's games in Miami, and Grossman's in Chicago. Grossman...is ****y, he's a gunslinger....he's occasionally going to force throws, he's aggressive and honestly, I think he likes to prove that he can hit the "big one." Beck is the exact opposite. He's conservative, he's the game manger, no mistakes, no big plays. You could argue that's pretty smart, but it may also come from a lack of confidence....I don't know which.

I think Beck is taking the right approach, get some experience and then start to push. Grossman because of time and situation is already pushing and probably pushing to hard. I think Mike likes the Beck approach better.

Not sure that Grossman is pushing. My general impression is that he takes fewer chances now than he did when he played with the Bears. As others have said, it's just Rex being Rex, he's a gun slinger, he may tone down the chances he takes, but you're never going to eliminate that element from his game. He's not a game manager, he's always going to turn the ball over because he can't resist making those risky throws that look great when they come off.

Beck (so far) seems more of a competent game manager type QB, he takes what's there, doesn't take any chances, dinks and dunks and makes high percentage passes.

I'd always thought Rex was the favourite to win the job, but if the running game holds up and the defense can step up and improve then I can see Beck starting in week 1. That said, I can also forsee a situation where we rotate the two of them throughout the season depending on the game or the situation.

Archived