Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Indy was great team for Beck to get comfortable, Baltimore will be actual test.

NoCalMike

I agree w/ the OP, B-more will try to pound the Skins no matter what the circumstances. I want to see the line play on both sides show some consistency in this game more than anything else. Anyone that wants to nitpick the team so far has ample opportunity, but overall we are seeing a spirit and cohesion that has been lacking for a long time and I am curious to see how that plays out against a team that has tried to embarrass us before. Time for us to get a 'tude and bring it to games.

IMO, it would be smart to start Beck. We have seen Rex play in NFL games that count, and the 3rd pre-season game is gonna be as close as you can get for Beck. It will be his chance to stink or shine, and I don't think Shanny will deny him that.

We already know Rex's ceiling. With Rex, we aren't going anywhere special. While that may be the case for Beck as well, we at least aren't sure, so yeah, definitely declare Beck the starter unless some truly horrid performances come in the next few outings.

Ravens D looks great. Everyone says they are old, but thats not really true. Ed Reed and Ray Lewis are old.

The ravens problem is their Offense, it looks terrible. Boldin and Flacco have no chemistry. The run game is average. Lee evens was their bright spot yesterday, but u can't count on that being the way they get to the superbowl. They downgraded their team IMO. But then again, ozzie is smarter than 99% of people at the game of football, so we'll see what happens with them next week.

Are you posting this same comment in every beck thread?

I bet he stops one before it becomes spam. ;)

I try not to get excited over the preseason, but it's hard not to with Beck. After Jax preseason a while back, you knew Carson Palmer's little brother wasn't NFL material. You don't know Beck isn't a pro right now, and that's good enough for me to be optimistic. I don't care if you don't have the long ball every time. Just make smart plays, and hello 8-8.

Typical Redskin preseason football Ha! After I've seen M.MASON lead all of the preseason in rushing for two years straight preseason doesn't mean as much to me as it does to the others.So let me get this Beck is the next Drew Brees and Hankerson is the next Rod Gardner ha! Relax people. Am I impressed yes,but Im not sold on anything yet. Marko Mitchell played lights outin the preseason.MM played way better than what Hankerson has shown us thus far,but how did that work out for us. Just saying Hankerson might become a regular season Stud,and Beck might be a regular season dud,just relax and wait for the final result people.Don't anoint Beck the next Steve young and don't label Hankerson the next 50/50 relax.

SMH

Typical Redskin preseason football Ha! After I've seen M.MASON lead all of the preseason in rushing for two years straight preseason doesn't mean as much to me as it does to the others.So let me get this Beck is the next Drew Brees and Hankerson is the next Rod Gardner ha! Relax people. Am I impressed yes,but Im not sold on anything yet. Marko Mitchell played lights outin the preseason.MM played way better than what Hankerson has shown us thus far,but how did that work out for us. Just saying Hankerson might become a regular season Stud,and Beck might be a regular season dud,just relax and wait for the final result people.Don't anoint Beck the next Steve young and don't label Hankerson the next 50/50 relax.

SMH

I feel you on not getting so high on the play in the preseason. But as a team we do seem like we do some chemistry. I see hungry players out there and I also see coach got them real competitive out there. I see alot of players fighting for playing time. Alot of position are not safe anymore on this team which brings the best out of players. We also have an identity now. How long has it been since we can say that. We as fans know what we are looking for. And when you look at our roster its not just 3 or four good players on one side of the ball and scrubs. This team has a future and seems like it has players that are welling to learn and work for everything they get on the field. Its no more premadanas. You can actually say our best players are blue collar players with styles. So yeah us fans shouldn't be jumping up and down about us going to the playoffs even have a winning record YET. But we can see real light at the end of the tunnel.

It happens to everyone. Freeney's one of the best speed rushers in the game, I wouldn't put too much stock in him getting beat once.

I saw two sacks that were on Williams. Williams was also letting the defender get into his pads and push him back on several ocassions. Not a good pass protection game for him IMO. The running game was great until the Skins switched to power blocking on the goal line. Either they need to get better in the power blocking approach + downhill running or they need to stretch it out like they normally do.

Archived