Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Getting Ahead of Myself OR Why This feels like 2005 Again!

NoCalMike

Actually it feels like 2011. If Beck is the real deal and I want see how he fears against the Eagles, Giants and Cowboys; then we have a shot at a wild card. If The Skins even want to entertain playoffs; we have to be 4-2 or 5-1 in the division. I'll just wait and see what happens.

Actually they just have to be 3 and 3 in division 2 and 2 vs the afc east, 4 and 0 vs nfc west, and beat carolina and minnasota. Its possible if you think about it.

The only parallel I see is that both teams had relatively quiet off-seasons.

This is a much younger team, something we haven't seen in Washington in quite some time. That Gibbs team in 2005 was laden with old men and re-treads with little depth. That team definitely over performed based on the talent, whereas this team looks to have some decent talent and depth.

I could definitely see this team winning more than the 6.5 games that Vegas has us pegged at.

Actually they just have to be 3 and 3 in division 2 and 2 vs the afc east, 4 and 0 vs nfc west, and beat carolina and minnasota. Its possible if you think about it.

I don't remember 2007 but I know 2005 we had a 4-2 or 5-1 division record, which help our conference record. A big reason why we were able to make the playoffs at 10-6.

A 3-3 Division Record will not cut it. Atlanta, New Orleans, Green Bay and the NFC West winner are locks for the 2011 playoffs. That will leave 2 playoff spots: NFC EAST winner and wild card which will be among several teams. The Skins will need a good conference record. I don't think 9-7 will get you a playoff spot. Skins will not got 4-0 vs. the NFC West.

If we make the playoffs this year; I look at it as a nice bonus. If Beck proves everyone wrong and has a good year; I need to see it for him again in 2012 before I would sold on him as solution at QB. I would still draft a QB of the future next year. Becks success or lack of success will dictate where we would draft such a QB.

I don't remember 2007 but I know 2005 we had a 4-2 or 5-1 division record, which help our conference record. A big reason why we were able to make the playoffs at 10-6.

A 3-3 Division Record will not cut it. Atlanta, New Orleans, Green Bay and the NFC West winner are locks for the 2011 playoffs. That will leave 2 playoff spots: NFC EAST winner and wild card which will be among several teams. The Skins will need a good conference record. I don't think 9-7 will get you a playoff spot. Skins will not got 4-0 vs. the NFC West.

If we make the playoffs this year; I look at it as a nice bonus. If Beck proves everyone wrong and has a good year; I need to see it for him again in 2012 before I would sold on him as solution at QB. I would still draft a QB of the future next year. Becks success or lack of success will dictate where we would draft such a QB.

Look at what I said with the record dude. 3 and 3 in the division, 2 and 2 in afc east, 4 and 0 in nfc west, and beat carolina and minnasota. Thats a 11-5 record. That should get us in the playoffs. And I didnt say we shouldnt get a QB next year. I said if we make the playoffs and Beck was one of the reasons why I dont think we should draft one in the first round. Also from those teams in the west we should be in all those games. The two best teams are visiting us. I believe we can go 4-0. Just like I can see us beating gnats two times this year and cowgirls. Just sayin if Beck does good and we make it to the playoffs we should get a starter in the first not a QB that wont start next year or even the year after.

I love the Redskins too and I love it when we went to the playoffs with that team and I am relatively young (21), but we're looking forward to being like the team from 2005?! Sigh how far this franchise has fallen.

Umm. Pretty ****ing far I'd say!

Cause we have. Haven't you noticed?

:ols:

Archived