Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Basillica of Beck

Englands Team

What will be the Redskins 2011 Regular Season Record?  

258 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the Redskins 2011 Regular Season Record?

Good half

BUT.....

I am not sold on his motion. I like the laser throws, but man they're low. One has already been batted down. his motion almost looks like Uncle Rico, much as i hate to say it

That's the only negative I saw.

~Bang

What I noticed and really liked about Beck in the first half was the fact that when he got sacked or pressured, he protected the ball. Not once was I concerned that he would fumble when he got hit. I didn't see any passes thrown that were dangerous either.

If I had to choose right at this moment between Beck and Grossman, I would have to go with Beck for the ball protection alone.

What I noticed and really liked about Beck in the first half was the fact that when he got sacked or pressured, he protected the ball. Not once was I concerned that he would fumble when he got hit. I didn't see any passes thrown that were dangerous either.

If I had to choose right at this moment between Beck and Grossman, I would have to go with Beck for the ball protection alone.

That's basically why Beck has a leg up according to news reports. You KNOW Grossman is going to have those games where he throws picks and fumbles the ball away. Beck defnitely looks like the less risky qb.

That's basically why Beck has a leg up according to news reports. You KNOW Grossman is going to have those games where he throws picks and fumbles the ball away. Beck defnitely looks like the less risky qb.

He also brings another asset to the game with his ability to run. His mobility can change the outcome out few games. Getting first downs late in the 4th

---------- Post added August-19th-2011 at 09:15 PM ----------

Also people people keep in count colts defense does not allow deep passes. Its impossible to none to pass deep on colts d how they are build. They play cover 2 deep coverage. Your better off taking what the defense gives u instead of chucking it deep.

Even in last weeks game where rams blew out colts. Rams didnt have a pass over 18 yards. Today Beck had a throw for 19 yards. So it has nothing to do with dinking and dunking and not being able to throw deep its about taking what the defense gives you against a defense thats the best against deep passes.

I liked John Beck tonight, but have a bad feeling about him though. His passes are too low, and that sidearm stuff, ugh. This league will figure that out really quick and adapt to that style. I see bad things from him if he keeps up that poor playing style.

The big rub against Colt Brennan was that he was a gun slinger, well, big Beck is a gun slinger pure and simple. He has intangibles as noted in previous threads, but his style of play will eventually lead to batted passes and interceptions.

Archived