Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per PFT : Jamaal Charles was once almost dealt to the Redskins

eguns

very interesting article about Jamaal Charles almost being in the Burgundy and Gold. A 3rd rounder, yet we traded an 2nd for Jason Taylor and 2nd for Donovan Mcnabb!

"He was fourth on the depth chart during the 2009 offseason when Todd Haley took over, so the Redskins came calling to see if the Chiefs would move Charles. Vinny Cerrato said on his radio station Friday that the Redskins offered a fourth-round pick.

According to Cerrato (via the Kansas City Star), the Chiefs countered by asking for third-round pick. The Redskins said no and talks fizzled"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/19/jamaal-charles-was-once-almost-dealt-to-the-redskins/

I love how Vinny openly talks about bad moves he made and good moves he didn't make.

The guy is unbelievably clueless.

Seriously, the more you learn, the more you can't believe he actually was a major decision maker for the skins for so long.

I love how Vinny openly talks about bad moves he made and good moves he didn't make.

The guy is unbelievably clueless.

Seriously, the more you learn, the more you can't believe he actually was a major decision maker for the skins for so long.

it sucks because it's true. i don't hate that dude, but i really dislike him

I don't understand the big difference between a 3rd and a 4th. I mean really? You were willing to throw 2 1st's to the Bengals for Ocho but we couldn't do a 3rd for Charles?
Exactly wow what could have been can you imagine if Shanny had Jamaal Charles to run in this zone blocking offense can you say home runs all day.

Vinny should really write a book.

He would make millions just because people would want to buy it to read about all the terrible moves he has made.

I really see this happening. Especially if the Skins go on to appear in a couple Super Bowls over the next decade. There will be a forward written by Bruce Allen, explaining that he would do the exact opposite of everything in this book.

10 years. 10 years this buffoon lurked around Redskins Park bringing Fail to all who met him...

Every time I read anything this idiot did makes me want to punch him in the face.

Not the Super Bowls. Not the day Joe Gibbs was hired. No day in the history of the Redskins is as important and significant as December 17, 2009.

I have no love lost on Vinnie whatsoever. But just to play Devil's Advocate here for a second.... At the time, according to this report, Charles was listed fourth on the Chief's depth chart. Imagine for a moment that deal HAD happened... Skins give up fourth rounder for Chief's FOURTH RB.... This place would have melted down harder than Chernobyl.

Yeah, he's a complete monster now. But then, total gamble. Hindsight ya'll.

Archived