Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Om Field: Tablesettings, Redskins vs Colts

Om

August 19, 2011

Last week's game setup was easy. Football was back. Even an ugly loss would have been borderline okay (it's just preseason, right?). Point was, we were watching live Redskins football again.

But something unexpected happened. Not only didn't the Redskins lose, they won. And looked damn good doing it. Aainst none other than the Pittsburgh Steelers. The AFC Champions. "Those" Steelers.

Preseason or not, the Redskins went toe-to-toe with one of the NFL's big boys and came out on top. Forget the score; Friday night's pleasant surprise was about the young "rebuilding" Redskins showing organization, speed, cohesion, efficiency ... things that have been all-too wanting around here for a long time.

There were also noteworthy individual/unit performances:

QB Rex Grossman—maligned and subject of more undeserved scorn from his home town fans than any player I can recall—was sharp. Don't take my word for it, see for yourself...

CLICK HERE to read more

Shukran. :)

Amazing, isn't it? Just one week in, we're already past the "hey I just wanna see football" phase and ankle deep into "yeah but the secondary was a little off..."

God help me I do love it so.

Archived