Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WSBTV: 12-Year-Old Cracks Burglary Case Before Cops

China

12-Year-Old Cracks Burglary Case Before Cops

ATLANTA -- A 12-year-old girl who attended a summer program at the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office that teaches youth how crime fighting works wasted no time putting the things she learned to good use.

Jessica Maple learned well enough to teach the pros.

Just as she attended a forensics class, someone burglarized the home of Jessica's late, great-grandmother in Fitzgerald, Ga.

Jessica investigated, and found where the burglars broke in. The police had missed it.

She recounted the reaction she received from authorities for Channel 2’s Jeff Dore.

“Like, oh my gosh, how'd she find that?” Jessica said.

But that wasn’t all. Jessica and her mom went to a local pawn shop and found her great-grandmother's property.

“We called the police station and the guy, the investigator, he was like, ‘Oh my gosh, how'd you find all the stuff here? I was coming here.’ And I was like, ‘I did your job again,’” said Jessica.

Click on the link for the full article

Yeah, I love this part as well:

essica and her mom also learned that the pawn shop owner had copies of the IDs of the guys who sold the stuff.

And then, believe it or not, she and her mom drove to the guy's house and confronted him.

“And he said he did it,” said Jessica.

“He confessed to you he did it?” asked Dore. “Yes, he confessed.”

At last check, police still haven't made an arrest.

“The police still haven't arrested them?” asked Dore.

“No, I don't know what's taking them so long,” said Jessica.

Reminds me of when I was living in DC and our neighbor's house got robbed. The police did nothing. The neighbors managed to find their stuff at a pawnshop.

"Smarter" than the police? Like it or not, the police don't have time or can't be bothered to investigate non-violent crimes in most cases.

I'd go with can't be bothered. It is, after all, their job. Not all police are assigned to violent crimes. Some are specifically assigned to investigate robberies. They're just not doing it, or not doing it very well.

I'd go with can't be bothered. It is, after all, their job. Not all police are assigned to violent crimes. Some are specifically assigned to investigate robberies. They're just not doing it, or not doing it very well.

Ding.

The thing is it's not just on the cops. It's human nature that people get fat and lazy. They forget how to do their jobs well over time. It's bad management of the department. There is a show sort of in the vain of "kitchen Nightmares" where a guy goes into all kinds of businesses that are failing to fix them up. I only saw one show but it stuck with me because of what the owner and employees said: It was something to the effect of "he didn't show us or tell us anything we didn't know, we just needed a kick in the ass to do it."

Sounds to me like these cops need a kick in the ass.

I saw the fattest cop the other day at a scene of an accident. As I was driving up I saw this enormous guy with a black vest on and thought to myself "That can't be a cop". Sure enough as I got closer it was a cop wearing a bullet proof vest on the outside of his tee shirt. No lie this cop was like 400 lbs. I had a WTF moment

Archived