Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs. Colts - Preseason Week 2. What are you looking for tonight?

Diesel Hog

I'm looking well beyond Moss and Gaffney who I personally don't believe should even be here. Be he is, and he'll be in the top 3, so that is what it is. We've hopefully got a quality young 4 in Austin, Hankerson, Paul and Robinson (I aren't even gona' try make a case for Kelly at this point since he's down AGAIN!), with Armstrong at what, 28, so there's a good few years left there. I guess I'd be taking a chance of putting both Paul and Robinson on the practice squad and nobody picking them up. (I'd personally have one of them on the roster at Gaffney's expense in a down

year, but that's me.).

Moss, Gaffney, Armstrong, Hankerson, Austin and Banks, with Paul and Robinson on the practice squad. (Hoping against hope Kelly will be in the mix, but that hope is wearing thin, even for someone who's constantly backed him. REAL thin.).

I could live with that for sure. I really just don't want to lose Austin (which I realize is illogical since he hasn't shown anything at this point).

You and me too TD_w.

I was screaming for him to be active week by week last year whilst we pissed around with has-beens like Williams and the old dude who I'm having a memory blank on. I think we've both been two of his biggest fans on here which I agree must sound illogical when he's shown next to nothing.

But the kid sure has talent.

Hail.

You and me too TD_w.

I was screaming for him to be active week by week last year whilst we pissed around with has-beens like Williams and the old dude who I'm having a memory blank on. I think we've both been two of his biggest fans on here which I agree must sound illogical when he's shown next to nothing.

But the kid sure has talent.

Hail.

Yep...Galloway! I was mad that it took Austin so long to be activated also. If we hit on all 5 of those guys (Moss, Gaffney, Hankerson, Austin, and Armstrong), we'd be able to carry Banks with ease. Not to mention, we would have flexibility to use Banks for 2-4 plays per game in a wildcat-esque role.

For me:

Proof of consistency with the OL and DL. I'm pretty dern positive I will see it. I think we will get more pressure than last week. I think someone will bust a biggun for a TD (Hightower/Helu).

I want to see Beck shut everyone up. Although I have become a trader of sorts (kind of liking the idea of Grossman starting), if Beckster can rock the spot, I will be happy. I think he can compete in the QB competition.

Too many tough decisions in the WR battle. I threw up in mouth a little thinking about it, but we may just need to say bye bye to BBanks. We need to start thinking about final decsions after tonights game. I want to see Macolm PEANUT BRUTTLE Kelly off our roster for the love of Solomon Grunde!!!!!!

Finally, I NEED desperately for someone in the secondary to stand out tonight. A couple picks. Some headbangers...somethin. Even if just one player. Secondary has not been a bright spot on the top of George Foremans dome piece.

Take care now. Bye Bye then.

HAIL!!!!!

Quick, dumb question. As an out-of-state Skins fan, i get most of my news on here.

Several folks in this thread have said how Fletch is out tonight. Is he hurt?

Doubt it. I'm pretty sure London Fletcher has an adamantium skeleton and a healing factor.

Huge game for Austin. Been rooting for this kid ever since we made the pick and this is his biggest shot yet. He got some action with the 1s last week and showed well in VERY limited opportunities last year. If he can have a solid game returning, he'll position himself well to sew up a roster spot.

One part of the 5th/6th WR battle that is being skipped is their play on special teams. Not returning, but also covering kicks. I don't think Banks could bring down a plastic garbage bag. Austin was one of the strongest players on the UCLA team and by far the strongest pound-for-pound. It's unlikely to see him stick someone out there, but if he can down a ball and make a stop or two... I'd be very excited.

Seeing Helu will be great. I feel he ran very tentatively last week and was clearly thinking rather than playing. I hope to see that burst and see him get into a rhythm.

Beck. Obvious.

Riley. Doesn't look like he's going to push Rocky. Don't hear too much about him. Makes bringing back Rocky look even better, but I hope to see some flashes.

1. What does Beck do when it is his time to shine?

2. Does OL continue to look good as a group?

3. Does DL continue to generate pressure?

4. How does our secondary do, Safeties in particular against a true passing team?

5. What WR makes a difference?

I'm going to be looking for consistency:

• keeping down the penalties
  • tempo on getting plays in/out the huddle & no wasted timeouts
  • no turn-overs
  • no major blown assignments that cost scores (primarily LB's & secondary)
  • making all the FG's

Can the Skins build on last weeks outing and continue improvement? I hope so.

Agreed

Let's face it, it's all about Beck. Beck is supposedly the reason the Shanahans didn't draft or trade for a quarterback in the offseason.

So, if he can play then the Redskins are that much closer to being rebuilt. If he is a dud and can't play then the team is going to struggle to score points and will be in the market to start over again teaching a young guy the 'system' this time next year, with everyone preaching patience :)

1. no injuries

2. no injuries

3. no injuries

4. improvement from Hankerson, after having put in his best week and grabbing the #4 WR slot

5. Helu on the fly

I know that all of us Washingtonians love to obsess over the QB position, but the current "battle" between Grossman and Beck doesn't really interest me. I see them as two mediocre QBs, neither of whom is the long-term solution, and my hunch is that Shanahan sees it the same way and just wants healthy competition at the spot, for now.

I see people hoping this person or that person steps up. I guess I am strange because beyond the starters, I don't really care who steps up as long as someone does. The way I am looking at it is that I hope we keep the best 5 or 6 receivers. If someone doesn't step up when they are being evaluated, then they don't deserve to be here. Same goes with every other position. I learned a long time ago, to not get attached to players in camp. There were guys I would be rooting for and then they would be gone.

I have changed my approach and now try to look at the over all picture.

I will be looking for some hot cheerleader shots.

See, this is what's wrong with our 2011 pre-season. The Tampa game is at home. The Baltimore game is away. I aren't interested in Baltimore's skank cheerleaders. Tampa's bronzed body's in THOSE costumes on the other hand ....... :drooley:

Oh NFL why do you punish us so? :mad:

Hail.

1. Can John Beck be a starter in the league?

2. Can Hightower build on his performance last week?

3. Can Hankerson hold onto the ball?

4. Will Kerrigan adjust better in coverage?

5. Will Terrance Austin give Banks a run for his money in the return game?

Ditto...Beck, THT repeat, Mr. Hanky, Ryan without Fletch, Austin's speed...perfect!

Don't see a need to pay much attention to the secondary as Mannings not playing and there's no real test here and with LL and OJ out, whatever. Like to see Helu get more carries. Also interested to see if Beck to Moss connects and Beck to Gaffney are the similar connection as Rex has. Stallworth and Armstrong need to pull down a long one ;-)

I would just like to see a push up the middle on DL and RaK to get a Sak tonight, then get off the field immediately. OLine needs some reps. Interesting to see Freeney vs. Williams battle. Freeney got the best of it last time.

In closing...if we must punt, I want one inside the 10 and a couple inside the 20.

HTTR!!!

Archived