Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Express : Bear's eating me, girl told mum in call

Unforgiven

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/265455/Bear-s-eating-me-girl-told-mum-in-call

I don't even know what to say, pretty terrible story. It's so bizarre I thought it had to be fake at first then found it on dozens of other news sites.

Edit : Here is a bit better link with pictures (obviously before the attack) - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2026914/Mum-bear-eating--Final-phone-calls-woman-19-eaten-alive-brown-bear-cubs.html

"Six hunters were sent in by the emergency services to kill the mother bear and her three cubs."

Once again....why do they have to kill the bear and three cubs? I mean really? The damage has already been done leave the bears alone. Mother bear I can maybe see, you don't want a bear getting used to killing people and eating them. But three little cubs? That's messed up.

Too bad about the girl too.

"Six hunters were sent in by the emergency services to kill the mother bear and her three cubs."

Once again....why do they have to kill the bear and three cubs? I mean really? The damage has already been done leave the bears alone. Mother bear I can maybe see, you don't want a bear getting used to killing people and eating them. But three little cubs? That's messed up.

If you can justify killing the mother in this situation you pretty much have to kill the cubs as well.

I guess....but why can't you just take them somewhere else and raise them until they are grown enough to fend for themselves? Put em in a zoo.

What I would do is tranquilize the mom and put them all in a wagon and take em back out into the middle of the wild. No harm done. Killing animals just because they attacked a human doesn't make sense to me. Humans are in their territory so they felt threatened and attacked. Seems natural to me.

I guess....but why can't you just take them somewhere else and raise them until they are grown enough to fend for themselves? Put em in a zoo.

Well, odds are slim to none that you could successfully re-release them into the wild under those circumstances so they'd be stuck in a zoo until they died. You also have to be very wary of the learned behavior the cubs acquired from their mother.

What I would do is tranquilize the mom and put them all in a wagon and take em back out into the middle of the wild. No harm done. Killing animals just because they attacked a human doesn't make sense to me. Humans are in their territory so they felt threatened and attacked. Seems natural to me.

It seems a little odd to me that they would attack, toy with, and consume a human as the article suggests. That kind of thing is a little unusual.

It seems a little odd to me that they would attack, toy with, and consume a human as the article suggests. That kind of thing is a little unusual.

Yeah, that struck me as really odd too. Like I said, when I first read it my initial reaction was it wasn't real, but you can find it on a lot of legit news sites.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2026914/Mum-bear-eating--Final-phone-calls-woman-19-eaten-alive-brown-bear-cubs.html

Pics on that page, obviously before the attack, also a map showing where it happened.

"No harm done"? :yikes:

And the article says the cubs were in on the kill.

"No harm done"? :yikes:

And the article says the cubs were in on the kill.

I meant like no harm done as in you take the animals back out into the wild no harm done. A person was killed so yeah of course there was harm done.

Basically some people were all up in some bears area and they got hurt real damn bad. It is a horrible tragedy. But I don't blame the bears in the least. We as humans destroy these animalss habitat on a daily basis so of course they need to adapt to that. You take away the bears homes then deal with the consequences.

If I ever go hiking in Yellowstone or something I am gonna take a note that reads "If I am killed by a bear or mountain lion don't kill it! I had it coming."

I meant like no harm done as in you take the animals back out into the wild no harm done. A person was killed so yeah of course there was harm done.

Basically some people were all up in some bears area and they got hurt real damn bad. It is a horrible tragedy. But I don't blame the bears in the least. We as humans destroy these animalss habitat on a daily basis so of course they need to adapt to that. You take away the bears homes then deal with the consequences.

If I ever go hiking in Yellowstone or something I am gonna take a note that reads "If I am killed by a bear or mountain lion don't kill it! I had it coming."

Bears normally have RANGES, not homes. That change over time. :doh:

Sure you'll take the note. Carry along some marinade while you're at it. :doh:

You've gotta be just trolling.

Bears normally have RANGES, not homes. That change over time. :doh:

Sure you'll take the note. Carry along some marinade while you're at it. :doh:

You've gotta be just trolling.

You said something and I responded in a reasonable manner. No stupid sarcastic smileys like you.

Some people got killed by some bears. Cry about it.

Because this bear, and probably it's cubs, associate people with food. Or rather people as food. That is not "normal". Better it be killed than afforded the opportunity to attack again. It's just a bear.

You said something and I responded in a reasonable manner. No stupid sarcastic smileys like you.

Some people got killed by some bears. Cry about it.

There is a big difference between people getting killed by a bear, which does happen, and what happened here. First it killed the person she was with. Then it ran her down, and started knocking her around and playing with her. It then proceeded to eat her alive. After doing that for a little while, it went brought its cubs and they started eating her alive as well. That is in no way normal behavior and that bear should definitely have been killed.

Dude, it's OUR planet, they're just living on it. If they become a threat to us, while walking around our forests, they die! Think of the children!

What I would do is tranquilize the mom and put them all in a wagon and take em back out into the middle of the wild. No harm done. Killing animals just because they attacked a human doesn't make sense to me.

I love this kind of statement. Are you a knowitall with other subjects you know nothing about as well?

I love this kind of statement. Are you a knowitall with other subjects you know nothing about as well?

Why would you insult the guy, because he feels there is another option to a death sentence for the mother bear and cubs?

I find it odd that people are so against anybody who tries to show compassion for an animal.

Why would you insult the guy, because he feels there is another option to a death sentence for the mother bear and cubs?

I find it odd that people are so against anybody who tries to show compassion for an animal.

It would be a different story maybe if they had come across the cubs and the mother and had gotten killed. This is a much more disturbing story... The animal not only played with the girl while nibbling on her, but then brough her cubs back to partake as well. Incredible disturbing. This is not a normal bear it should be killed.

It would be a different story maybe if they had come across the cubs and the mother and had gotten killed. This is a much more disturbing story... The animal not only played with the girl while nibbling on her, but then brough her cubs back to partake as well. Incredible disturbing. This is not a normal bear it should be killed.

As much of an animal lover as I am, this is hard to argue with. I wouldn't kill it personally and would relocate it, but that's just me.

Archived