Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attn Redskins Historians: Did Desmond Howard wear #92 in the preseason during his rookie year?

RonArtest15

OK....when the Skins drafted Desmond Howard, it was in the era before WRs could wear #'s between 10-19, right? That being said...am I imagining things, or did he wear #92 for a game or two in the preseason before switching to #80? I'm pretty sure the #'s 80-89 were taken and he took #80 after someone was cut. Someone help me with this...it's been bothering me!

I see pictures of him wearing #82 and #80 in the B&G in google searches

I think the 82's are Randle El... Google search algorithms struggle to differentiate between overhyped underachieving former Redskin punt returners...

I have an old program that I got at a preseason game in '94 with Howard as 80. Not his first year tho... :whoknows:

I just found this image of Desmond Howard, but I am sure it's not him, look at the face mask looks like a LB, no way a WR would wear that face mask plus it doesn't look like him. What do you guys think? Curious.

p-67582-desmond-howard-autographed-hand-signed-washington-redskins-8x10-photo-tsc-auto810dhwr.jpg

Here are other pics with a WR face mask:

742716897f0d34e8f929c79c41e8.jpg

image_php_1063662.jpg

ec736.jpg

I just found this image of Desmond Howard, but I am sure it's not him, look at the face mask looks like a LB, no way a WR would wear that face mask plus it doesn't look like him. What do you guys think? Curious.

Signatures are exactly the same

Signatures are exactly the same

The signatures are the same, but it's definitely not him in the picture. Someone could have taken that photo to a signing day and he would have just signed it without a second thought.

I think that might be a picture of Huey Richardson, a LB/DE who made a brief appearance on the 1992 team.

Thanks HB, I was sure it wasn't him.

I just did a google search on Huey Richardson Redskins and that same image came up, he was #90. Damn your good.

I just saw that, the funny thing is it looks like they actually mislabeled the picture too. :ols:

The other guy it might be is Terry Crews from the 1995 team. Both are scrub-esque players that were only here one year, but Terry Crews went on to be much more well known as this guy:

terry-4a.jpg

1992 Preseason Finale

Yeah I remember that game.

They looked horrible. I remember sitting through that game to the very end only because it was the debut of Desmond Howard in a Redskins uniform and I wanted to see him play. :doh:

howard only played the last preseason game.

he was a camp hold out.

If he wore another number, he wore it in training only - not in a game.

Archived