Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should the Redskins acquier Matt Flynn?

coachreiter

Hey, I was thinking about how I think our team will suprise many this year and finish the year at .500 or just below. This of course, takes us out of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes, and we all know how awesome it would be to have Luck in a skins uni.

Assuming Grossman/Beck do not show they deserve to be our long-term starter at Qb, what about aquiring Matt Flynn from GB?? The guy impressed me in limited action last year, especially in the NE game where it seemed like he was picking them apart with ease. He should be fairly cheap as he has been buried behind Rodgers since he was drafted 4-5 years ago, and has only played in a handful of games at best. I think this kid has got a future though, if somebody was willing to give him a shot. Hes young enough to fit into our theme of brining in young veterans who can continue their personal growth within the system and blossom with the team.

Of course, I hope Beck or Grossman can take the reigns this year, Im just not sold on either 1 being our long-term solution.

So assuming neither shows they are deserving of long term starting position, what do you guys think of Matt Flynn??

Suggestion. Instead of just his name in the title of the thread,(we tend to ask members to be more specific),a question or a statement about what you want to discuss about him in the title as well would be helpful.

From what I recall, there are three or four very highly rated rookie QBs coming out next year and a whole lot of teams chose a qb this year. That might mean that while we are not in the running for Luck that Barkley or one of the other might be available if we are a middle of the pack or below average team. I'd rather get a rook than a back up or trade up to get a rook than trade for a back up. Though to be fair, I know little about Matt Flynn.

I don't know much about Matt Flynn since he has entered the NFL.

But at this point, we already have two QBs we know little about. Clemmens and Beck. Continue to work with them until we see what we have at the end of the season. At that point, we can use the draft to find our future, if need be.

There's no difference in Flynn and Beck besides age. Beck second round talent, Flynn 7th round. Both have no great resume and we would be acquiring him in "hopes" he pans out.

The only difference is that Flynn got his first career start in his 3rd YEAR, behind Aaron Rodgers playing in one system. Beck on the other hand was behind Cleo freakin Lemon in his rookie year on arguably the WORST Dolphins team of all time.

Let's not waste our time acquiring QB's hoping they pan out. We already have 3 of them on our roster.

No to trading away our draft picks.

+

Have you even looked at his tape + measurables to see how he projects to our system as opposed to GBs?

+

Nothing against Flynn, bout how about we draft our own QB and groom him. There are other QBs in next year's draft besides Luck.

Well at least he had a reasonable post instead of title and then "Discuss.":ols:

I actually prefer that format. It reminds me of law school.

Matt Flynn won't add anything to the Redskins that they don't already have. He's an average to good quarterback. The Redskins currently have three of those. Flynn is actually more difficult to evaluate because his limited action has been with the Packers and their stronger (than the Redskins') line and top-notch skill position players. As someone who was perplexed by the amount of attention Kevin Kolb got, I am even more skeptical of a team that acquires Matt Flynn. In the end, wouldn't you rather just take whatever draft pick Flynn would cost and draft your own quarterback? If you're talking about signing Flynn when he becomes a free agent, then I see it as more of a possibility.

It's no big deal to not be in the Luck sweepstakes this year, there are plently of other good QB's coming out. I'd be all for us taking Landry Jones.

Amen. While Luck is the shining star that everyone is understandably giddy over, I think there are other good qb prospects as well, such as Landry Jones as you mention. I like Kellen Moore from Boise State as another example. Next year’s QB class appears to be deeper than this past one.

If we can't acquire any of the top 3 QBs next year then I don't mind trading a 2nd for Flynn. Matt Schaub played well behind Vick in Atlanta so if Flynn can continue to do the same when given the opportunity then I say go for it...

You would trade a 2nd round pick for a 7th round prospect who spent his entire career as a back up, starting one game? Why not just use a 2nd for our own choice of QB, if it came to that?

Plus Flynn will be a free agent, so your plan is no good.

Amen. While Luck is the shining star that everyone is understandably giddy over, I think there are other good qb prospects as well, such as Landry Jones as you mention. I like Kellen Moore from Boise State as another example. Next year’s QB class appears to be deeper than this past one.

Noodle arm Moore...no thanks, I'll pass on him as well.

I'll take Jones or Barkley over him. Also watch for Nick Foles and Ryan Tannehill if we don't take a QB in the 1st round.

I don't know much about Matt Flynn since he has entered the NFL.

But at this point, we already have two QBs we know little about. Clemmens and Beck. Continue to work with them until we see what we have at the end of the season. At that point, we can use the draft to find our future, if need be.

I like Clemmens, I thought he looked pretty good against the steelers, yes he had some bad throws and some were off target, but he didn't look flustered or scared the way alot of qb's do. Granted it's only preseason, but I think with a year or two in the system, he can do some good things. Not sure about his arm strength tho, does he have a decent one or is it nothing special?

Giant understatement! Landy, Barkley and Luck would of all been drafted ahead of Cam Newton this year. 3 potential franchise QB's available next year. This reminds me of the Eli, Rivers, Rothlesburger draft.

Archived