Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best. Bacon. Ever

zoony

You may recall that I said earlier in the thread that though good, the Benton's bacon is a little too salty and the flavor is a bit too intense. However over time I've discovered where the stuff really shines--as a flavoring ingredient. Any and everything I've put it in has just been ridonkulous! Plus the renderings give great, no excellent flavor to anything cooked in them.

Of course when I'm crisping them up to use as a flavoring ingredient I always make an extra piece or two...you know, to make sure it's still up to my quality standards. ;)

I'd rather ask in this epic thread than do a Google search, since talking about Bacon amongst Redskins fans is pretty awesome. So, ahem, has anyone ever grilled Bacon? Smoked Bacon sounds satisfying enough to have as a last meal. A huge beer with that as well.

Do you mean right across the grate ? Not me, cleaning a grill is enough of a pain in the butt before potentially cleaning up after bacon.

I usually put it on a broil pan in the oven. Not as greasy and clean-up is much easier.

I'd rather ask in this epic thread than do a Google search, since talking about Bacon amongst Redskins fans is pretty awesome. So, ahem, has anyone ever grilled Bacon? Smoked Bacon sounds satisfying enough to have as a last meal. A huge beer with that as well.

I would be worried about losing the bacon in the grill. I also like to reuse my bacon grease for cooking my eggs in.

We always grill our bacon, but in a cast iron skillet otherwise it catches on fire, trust me. I also put fresh ground black pepper, sweet basil and garlic powder on my bacon. I like to keep the mess on the grill and off the stove.

---------- Post added July-15th-2012 at 03:09 PM ----------

I would be worried about losing the bacon in the grill. I also like to reuse my bacon grease for cooking my eggs in.

It will catch on fire as the grease drips down, found this out through trial and ERROR. Had a big fire after the gas was off, LOL

only when wrapped around shrimp,stuffed peppers or steak

never tried w/scallops...sounds interesting

Partially cook the bacon ahead and then put on skewers, I colored with a touch of old bay, not too much just a dusting. They were awesome.

---------- Post added July-15th-2012 at 06:12 PM ----------

Grilling bacon,just the bacon,is pretty darn good actually. Only problem is,can't save the grease. :)

I grilled it but in a cast iron pan, how did you not catch it on fire, indirect??

---------- Post added July-15th-2012 at 06:14 PM ----------

BaconBikiniBabe-com-Bacon-Bikini-Contest-c--e12385412.jpg

bacon-bikini-nsfw.jpg

Bacon_Bikini_2.jpg

afternoon-bacon-lead.jpg

Let it catch fire ever so briefly,then move the bacon to the other side,(which is off). That whole indirect heat thing. You have to experiment a little. Which means sacrificing one strip of bacon,(gasp). Take that piece and put it on a lower flame setting,then adjust the flame until the bacon doesn't start a wild land fire in your grill or burn the hair off your hand. Right flame should be a fairly low one. Safer that way to switch sides. And if your one to save bacon grease,warm some up and brush it on the grill. Helps keep the sticking to a minimum. That and have that spray bottle of water handy for any fire flare ups.

Archived