Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mistake free Football

lazarus0280

The most impressive feat for me was the lack of mistakes. Having hardly any football camp it was impressive that there were no offensive penalties or turnovers in the first half. If we can maintain that throughout the season, that alone would probablly be worth a win or two. I started this thread to keep track of blatant mistakes by our team. I'd like to track them throughout the season. Would be nice to keep an eye on the penalties etc.

On a side note, with the kickoffs being moved, I felt it made Brandon Banks more important to the team actually. Majority of the teams wouldn't consider bringing the ball back in from 7 yards deep in the endzone, but having Banks it actually makes sense to give it a go more often then not. That could give us just one more advantage over the "other guys".

Mistake #1: letting Shayne Graham near the football. Twice. (but we won't count it b/c Shanny basically said post game that "I'm gonna cut him, but I wanna tell him first."

Seriously, there were some missed assignments on the offensive line, but not many. Obviously, Hank needs to catch more balls that hit him in the hands when he's wide open, but I think you're referring to mental mistakes, right?

In that case, @SpeedyBanks16 is damn lucky his decision to take it out if the end zone paid off, or we'd be calling that a huge mistake. Luckily, he's an extremely talented runner and it worked out.

Aye, I was kind of turning a blind eye to the dropped balls and missed kicks. I thought it'd be a lil fun to actually track the blatant mistakes/penalties, blown coverages by our team. Then maybe compare it with other teams across the league.

All the announcers have been reiterating how sloppy this first week was going to be, whereas we played about as mistake free as we possibly could. Hopefully this is a focal point throughout the season and not some freak occurence. But as a first game of the season, for me this was the biggest eye opener. How many wins do you think mistake free football is worth?

Aye, I was kind of turning a blind eye to the dropped balls and missed kicks. I thought it'd be a lil fun to actually track the blatant mistakes/penalties, blown coverages by our team. Then maybe compare it with other teams across the league.

I don't have the video up, but we got beat deep

twice early, but Ben overthrew the receivers. It wasn't mistake free, but the mistakes had minimal consequences.

We had a couple huge mistakes when it came to Field Goal kicking. That will have already been rectified by the time I post this.

Horton missed some tackles, which hurt us pretty bad.

Kevin Barnes had a chance for a sack which he missed.

Grossman hit one of the Pittsburg defenders in the hands, luckily he was channeling his inner Carlos Rogers.

The fact that there are so few miscues really lets me know how good of a game they played

For a truncated preparation, through which we've not even practiced in pads; allied to all the new, mostly young inexperienced guys that have had to deal with that; it certainly was ralatively mistake free ball. To not turn it over, and suffer zero penalty's was fantastic credit to all concerned.

About as good as it get's all things considered in the first exhibition game.

Hail.

For a truncated preparation, through which we've not even practiced in pads; allied to all the new, mostly young inexperienced guys that have had to deal with that; it certainly was ralatively mistake free ball. To not turn it over, and suffer zero penalty's was fantastic credit to all concerned.

About as good as it get's all things considered in the first exhibition game.

Hail.

They had that one "Roughing the Passer" where it was essentially just the QB leaning his helmet against our guys arm and then falling down, but I understand your point.

What I loved was both lines played well. Grossman had time to throw and very little pressure. On the defensive line, I feel like we have 4 starters to play 3 positions. Carriker, Coefield and Bowen played great and when JJ came in, there wasn't any let down. Kerrigan played well but still needs to keep working hard. Now teams have tape on him and can exploit him in some areas.

It's just the first preseason game, but I am extremely happy with the progress over last year. One thing that I feel I can say based on this game is that we are going to be competitive in all our games this year. That's progress.

Archived