Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else feel our guys were way more pumped for the game?

truskin4life

The biggest excitement I got from this game was the fact that our guys actually looked like they cared about the game. I have seen so many times in the past that players looked like they can care less. We were jumping up and down and hype the whole game. This to me says a lot about our coaching staff and the guys we have in the locker room.

I would also like to add that I was extremely disappointed in Hankerson. He was my Colt B of the season that I had such high hopes for. I am not giving up on him yet, but he looked terrible. M. Kelly 2.0? I sure hope not.

Yeah, it was good to see some life on our team for a change.

I had heard that Hankerson was looking like he was going through everything half assed during camp. But, I'm the type that has to see things with my own eyes. Well, not only did Hankerson drop the ball, but he looked like he was bored while running his routes. Of course that's just my opinion.

M. Kelly 2.0? I sure hope not.
At least Kelly can catch the ball. Sure he can't get on the field but he's got excellent hands. I'm wondering if Hank was just crazy nervous. Hopefully he can turn it around.

As for the team being pumped you could tell when they interviewed everyone on the sidelines. It's exciting to see the Redskins right now. They are young and hungry. I love it.

Mike Tomlin: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=310812028

"That's not the kind of performance we were looking for. Quite frankly, we got outplayed in just about all areas: blocking, tackling, running, throwing, kicking. That team was better prepared tonight than us. They showed it. We accept that, and I look forward to this group responding to what we put out there tonight. We've got a lot of ground to cover."

When was the last time an opposing head coach said something like this following any game? Let alone one with Super Bowl hype

I most impressed with the 0 penalties and 0 turnovers.... thats freakin awesome! specially for a first preseason game, with hardly any play time. Wonderful first foray on the field. HTTR!

I believe there were two penalties. One was a pass interference call on Josh Wilson and the other was a bull **** late hit call on Kerrigan.

It was nice for once that no players dictated that they don't do the preseason. Hate to say it, but it was the best I have seen the Redskins look in years atitude wise.

Yup, and that means a lot. We finally sent the primadonnas on tour. Hopefully, they enjoy their engagement in other cities.

The team just looked faster and more motivated, I hope that continues.

That's exactly what the Shanahans were saying a year ago and before the game. Note...I they said this and it was true, maybe the other things they are saying could be true as well. The ringing in my ears this morning was MS and KS stating that they needed to find some consistency and found a little and that it was a step. That's all they said...A step.

In this many years it's about time to take the first step! HTTR!!!

Haha one of my pet peeves as well. Nice.

:)

But to be honest... We're predicted to be HORRIBLE this year.. And the players are also people, believe it or not, and they do occasionally look at what people think of them... I think this win, as insignificant as it may be, will have a lasting impact on the team... From my own perspective (I'm a bartender) if someone said "You're going to get killed in this regional drink making competition" and I came out on top I'd say "Hell I'm the best in my area, maybe those people don't know what the hell they're talking about, I knew I was good, but never thought I'd win it"

Now we go to ANOTHER playoff team, and then ANOTHER... Followed by probably our best test, which is the Buccaneers, they have young talent, and (I am guessing here) probably depth as well if we could flip the Ravens for the Bucs game, we'd know by the 3rd game how we're going to be, because as always the Bucs and us are the exact same team, scrapping for wins, always underrated, and never appreciated. Last year's game (which I attended) was so heartbreaking, and the people on the team will remember this game... Especially Gano, who will kick that ball through the uprights even though it's spinning out of control...

Effort matters. Since the days of Albert Connell this team has talked like it was full of world champions, played like they expected the other team to roll over, and tucked tail after being hit the first time.

Tonight, and even at the end of last year, once we sat or IRed most of our "stars" this team fought. You can't win if you don't compete. Clinton Portis misunderstood what a "dive" play was.

I posted in another thread that this year's camp is different because there is much less assumption about who will make the first team or even the practice squad. It's a free-for-all due to Shanahan's "nobody gets a free pass" approach. Therefore, each individual is either afraid of being cut or under the impression that they can win a starting spot. Nobody knows where they will end up by week one. It's showing on the field motivation-wise and it's friggin' schweet.

Archived