Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Donte Stallworth needs to make this team

SteveFromYellowstone

Well, if you put him on the practice squad, any other team can sign him to their active roster. You either keep him on your active roster or you risk losing him. And if you like Banks, Austin and Hank, you gotta keep him in place of Donte'.

Not to mention that to even GET him to the Practice Squad, you have to CUT him, and he then has to make it through waivers (which he wouldn't) unclaimed. Then he can join your Practice Squad. If he chooses. Which he wouldn't (in this be-dazzlingly stupid scenario where he even gets to this point in the process), because he'd be like "uhhh, **** off. I'm going to a contender to develop. Peace."

Gotta love Skins fans. We are the ONLY team that would devote an entire thread to Donte Stallworth and how we NEED him on our roster. I even saw one post comparing him to Chad Ocho Cinco. LOL. Stallworth will be 31 this year, has a history of injury problems, and the Saints, Eagles, Patriots, Browns, and Ravens have all moved on from him. And we want to risk losing young guys with the potential to develop into solid receivers for years to come to keep him on the roster? I agree that Stallworth is still a decent receiver who runs good routes but people are talking as if he is a pro bowl caliber talent and will come in and be a game changer for us. I don't see it. He's an average receiver and we're not competing for a chip right now. You don't lose your young receivers with potential for a 30+ average receiver. That is not how you build a team.

I think the following WR will make the team:

1. Moss

2. Gaffney

3. Stallworth

4. Armstrong

5. Hankerson

6. Paul

The only way Banks makes it is if they keep a teams spot for him or he suddenly proves he is uncutable by doing what he did tonight consistently in the preseason. That means the 'Skins will cut Kelly. I believe they will practice squad Austin incase Banks goes down with an injury again like last year.

HTTR

Ignorance is bliss!!! Not sure what some people on this board are thinking. I'd prefer to go with youth over DS, he's a nice guy but I'm not sold on him being any type of answer for us.

I think while AA was a pleasant surprise for us last year, the coaches may be thinking that's all he will be. A vertical threat with pretty good speed. DS can bring better route running and hands. Coaches may be thinking that AA is replaceable

Doc Walker was saying earlier today that teams may try to pooch the kickoffs more so the coverage teams will have a chance to make a play. He said he didn't think it would happen right away, but that during the regular season we'd see more of it. If that's the case, then Banks will be just as valuable as ever.

I don't know what some of you guys were watching on TV tonight but the Stallworth I saw in person at FedEx Field tonight was not the same guy. First, Stallworth had no chance on the TD throw. I was 20 yards away with Stallworth coming at me. Ball was too far outside. No way any receiver was catching that ball. Did Stallworth look good; of course. But Stallworth, a seasoned veteran starter was playing against camp fodder most of the game. Those guys won't even make the Steeler opening day roster. Simply not a good basis for evaluating Stallworth.

Santana, Gaffney and Armstrong are locks. Armstrong showed tonight why he will stick around. That leaves 2 or at best three spots left. Putting Hankerson on the practice squad is ridiculous. He would be grabbed instantly by any number of NFL teams. So he is #4. Why do you need Stallworth after the first three on the list? His talent just duplicates what we have. We need to develop young talent....that means Niles Paul, Terrence Austin and even possibly Malcom Kelly. And Brandon Banks just showed us all again tonight that he needs to remain part of the discussion.

Stallworth had a nice game.....but he has no upside for this team that is trying to build a future.

WR = 1.Moss 2.Gaffney 3.Stallworth 4.AAA 5.Paul 6.Austin They should carry 6 WR's (one inactive) and 4 RB's (one inactive) on this seasons 53 man roster.

KR/PR = Banks The extra roster spot in new CBA goes to... drum roll... Brandon "money in the" Banks.

Hankerson/Robinson = Practice Squad possibly... jury still out (Hankerson would probably get signed away though)

RB = 1.Hightower 2.Torain 3.Halu 4.Royester

This is a problem I can live with, too many good receivers. We may have the same problem at running-back.

Things that are probably certain:

1) Malcolm Kelly is hasta la bye bye

2) Alrick Robsinson will either be on our practice squad or working for Geek Squad come regular season.

3) Santana Moss is a lock

4) No matter how many times Brandon Banks get's stabbed, he will always be our best playmaker

5) Oldfan hates Moss, Gaffney, and Stallworth and will be disappointed when at least two of them make the roster.

More games are definitely needed to sift out the bad stuff, but Moss, Armstrong, Gaffney, Austin, Hankerson, Banks, and Paul would be my choices, with Paul possibly ending up on the practice squad.

It's one thing looking crisp in the vanilla of pre-season, it's a whole other when it REALLY matters.

Dudes been a complete, injury prone bust of a 13th overall pick through his career. I honestly, shy of hopefully just a camp body, still don't get the pick-up and will be VERY disappointed if he makes the 53 at the expense of a younger guy. Gaffney's about as good a lock to start, let alone make the active roster, as there is. And I aren't too enamoured with that trade.

Another career average 30 year old on a rebuilding team at the expense of a high potential young group would not be a good thing at all going forward IMHO.

Hail.

No diggity, no doubt.

:ols: :applause:

Gotta love Skins fans. We are the ONLY team that would devote an entire thread to Donte Stallworth and how we NEED him on our roster. I even saw one post comparing him to Chad Ocho Cinco. LOL. Stallworth will be 31 this year, has a history of injury problems, and the Saints, Eagles, Patriots, Browns, and Ravens have all moved on from him. And we want to risk losing young guys with the potential to develop into solid receivers for years to come to keep him on the roster?

This should be emphasized. Aside from the Browns, look at the teams that have rejected Stallworth. These are the best front offices in the NFL. It's actually quite a remarkable feat to be sent packing by the Patriots and the Eagles and the Ravens and the Saints. That alone should be enough to make us extremely wary of Donte.

WR = 1.Moss 2.Gaffney 3.Stallworth 4.AAA 5.Paul 6.Austin They should carry 6 WR's (one inactive) and 4 RB's (one inactive) on this seasons 53 man roster.

KR/PR = Banks The extra roster spot in new CBA goes to... drum roll... Brandon "money in the" Banks.

Hankerson/Robinson = Practice Squad possibly... jury still out (Hankerson would probably get signed away though)

RB = 1.Hightower 2.Torain 3.Halu 4.Royester

1) What's the extra roster spot in new CBA? Its 54 now instead of 53?

2) Hankerson would be claimed off waivers in a second, we're not going to be superbowl contenders, why keep a 30 year old backup?

3) for RB, I see us going with 4 RB, and 1 FB (Young) Sellers and Williams gets the cut.

We need some vet stability in camp this season moreso than other years because of the shortened offseason, guys that can help the rooks get up n running, but there would be little point in drafting solid talent to develop if we lose it to keep an iffy vet.

Shanny has a planny, relax and see what happens

1) What's the extra roster spot in new CBA? Its 54 now instead of 53?

2) Hankerson would be claimed off waivers in a second, we're not going to be superbowl contenders, why keep a 30 year old backup?

3) for RB, I see us going with 4 RB, and 1 FB (Young) Sellers and Williams gets the cut.

it's 53 but the 46th man/emergnecy QB can play and doesn't have to actually be a QB as I understand it.

I hope Stallworth doesn't make the team. The odd man out would likely be Niles Paul. IMO it would stink to trade down for all these picks and then lose promising guys like that for a 30 plus year old stop gap guy. It represents IMO the OPPOSITE of rebuilding.

Watching Paul possibly burn things up for one of our division rivals like the NY Giants (they love stockpiling young receivers), Antonio Pierce style would drive me nuts, while Stallworth likely loses it in a year or two. One good preseason game and the rebuilding is out the window, all of a sudden?

Playing time should be earned not given. If all of the WR are turning good performances then thats a plus for us. The more solid WRs we have the better the receiving corp as a whole will be. As for the injuries to Stallworth, any player can get injured and any player can make a impact from year to year. Moss is a lock to make the group, AA will make it on potential and last years strong season, Jabar knows the offense and is a sure handed possession WR, after that its up for grabs.

The 6 WRs on this team should be as follows:

!. Moss

2.Gaffney

3.Armstrong

4.Hankerson

5.Austin

6. Banks

Stallworth not even in the commpetition, the only reason he is here is so he can help transition the learning curve for these rookies, robinson goes on the PS along with paul? i really like paul but what i saw from austin tonight for me warrants a spot, dude can catch and straight up play

Not enough love for Armstrong in this thread. Guy had three catches and looked solid against the Steeler's starters. Guy was good all last year even after defenses knew they had to game plan for him. AAA definitely deserves to be a starter or a top three and I don't think Stallworth's audition in the third or fourth quarter against scrubs comes close to dimming Armstrong's light.

The 6 WRs on this team should be as follows:

!. Moss

2.Gaffney

3.Armstrong

4.Hankerson

5.Austin

6. Banks

Stallworth not even in the commpetition, the only reason he is here is so he can help transition the learning curve for these rookies, robinson goes on the PS along with paul? i really like paul but what i saw from austin tonight for me warrants a spot, dude can catch and straight up play

On Twitter, one of the guys that follows the team maybe it was Paulson said if Paul is on the practice squad, then we will likely say goodbye to him. Maybe to the Giants, after losing S. Smith am sure they are looking for a good young receiver. If so it would be a shame.

Archived