Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offensive Line is biggest difference so far in '11......

NoCalMike

Going into this preseason game we already know pretty much what kind of QB Grossman is, the same with Clemens for the most part. Since Beck didn't play tonight he is still a question mark.

However what really showed improvement was the offensive line. Of course it is too early to make final judgements, however the offensive line looks bigger, stronger, faster, more athletic. They are attacking the opposing D-line to open holes. (Also having speed back at the RB position helps).

If the Offensive line is truly going to be improved, then it is going to go a long way, regardless of the QB taking the snaps.

Lets not forget how over the past couple of seasons no matter what QB was taking snaps, they would be almost instantly on the run more times than less.

It helps when you have a C that isn't getting pushed back 5+ yards every snap.

They seemed to move very well together and in harmony. Those zone stretch plays were cool to watch. Pass protection was pretty much spot on as well. Pitt blitzes did get through for pressure a couple times but hey, it is the Steelers we're talking about.

It's because we don't have raybach in there anymore. The captain of our O line is finally someone who can anchor it and not be a turnstile... That my friends is the biggest difference. Monty and licht are playing their natural position, brown is finally healthy and Chester looked ok.

It's because we don't have raybach in there anymore. The captain of our O line is finally someone who can anchor it and not be a turnstile... That my friends is the biggest difference. Monty and licht are playing their natural position, brown is finally healthy and Chester looked ok.

Licht is a natural center and is still playing out of position I believe....

Licht is a natural center and is still playing out of position I believe....

Lichtensteiger has a long history of playing both spots. In college he started 23 games at guard his first two years and 25 at center his last two. Shanahan used him as somewhat of a swingman in Denver, too, although he was primarily a backup center.

Hope we bring it. We are looking good. Hate to say that B'more game is a good gauge of what to expect.
Exactly. You can always expect the Ravens defense to bring it. They don't care if it's preseason or not. I can't wait to see if we can move the ball against them. Either way I'm blown away by the play by the guys in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

I posted this in another thread, but does any body have footage from the game do they can post the replay where TW completely obliterated the guy he was blocking? I mean he picked the guy completely up of the ground and slammed him to the turf, it was a beautiful sight to behold

Thanks to OM, I was able to find the play I was looking for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYbj7NGmjRU&feature=player_embedded

@ 2:15. Granted I don't remember the Steelers playing jumping to try to bat the ball down, but Trent nailed him all the same, loved to see that!

Archived