Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Perspective as we get ready to roll again.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

An hour or so from getting this thing back on the road again, and for all our reading/ posting enjoyment, one word comes to mind: Perspective.

Please, PLEASE have some perspective in 4 hour or so's time at the final gun. We've not so much as practiced in pads. We have a massively changed roster from Week 16 last year, with a vast infusion of youth. We have some major players sitting this out. And we're playing not only one of the best current teams in football but one of the best franchises of all time who ALWAYS go after it hard, exhibition or not.

So if we suffer a first game ass whooping, please, PLEASE have some perspective and don't go jumping off the deep end. Same if we play well and even pull out a win. Don't be tagging us as Indy bound already.

Enjoy, and for the sake of board peace and harmony, please keep it in perspective in 4 hours or so's time, win or lose.

Let's start as we mean to go on for the next 5 months and make this place enjoyable to be on game day.

Hail.

Yes, the sky WILL be falling tonight. This is ExtremeSkins after all.

Let's ignore that every coach agrees that preseason wins/losses mean NOTHING. It's just pointless.

I just want to see hard work and see a couple of the rookies make some plays. That's it.

---------- Post added August-12th-2011 at 06:44 PM ----------

WE SUCK AND WE WILL ALWAYS SUCK!!!! FIRE SHANAHAN!! FIRE ALLEN! BLOW UP THE TEAM AND START OVER!!!!

Oh sorry... just getting in mid-first quarter form. ;)

You forgot "Same ol' Snyder!" and "Can't believe we got rid of McNabb!", and maybe "We need to go back to a 4-3! What was Haslett thinking!?!"

Technically the Skins should probably win tonight given they will likely have to play starters for a bit longer than the Steelers who return all 22 from last year.

There are two keys in this for me though, win or lose.

1. I'm very happy John Beck won't play. Given the way the home crowd feels about him at this point, the WORST thing possible would be to open up in front of the home crowd and stink. Or open up and look great, getting the home crowd on your side, and inflating your head.

2. Does the defense look together, fast and aggressive. There won't be scheme, but, can we hold up man on man and look ok doing it.

Technically the Skins should probably win tonight given they will likely have to play starters for a bit longer than the Steelers who return all 22 from last year.

There are two keys in this for me though, win or lose.

1. I'm very happy John Beck won't play. Given the way the home crowd feels about him at this point, the WORST thing possible would be to open up in front of the home crowd and stink. Or open up and look great, getting the home crowd on your side, and inflating your head.

2. Does the defense look together, fast and aggressive. There won't be scheme, but, can we hold up man on man and look ok doing it.

This is a glorifed practice. Too bad the owners charge full price for tickets.

There are two keys in this for me th

Agreed with both, especially the defense. I don't expect much from offense this year but I hope to see great strides on defense with all the new faces and youth.

Hmm...I'll go with...

"We spent 150 million this offseason and the Oline still sucks" for $100, Alex.

Sad thing is I kind of agree, at least on paper. Steiger, Monty, and Chester inside? It beats Steiger Rabach Hicks, but not by much.

I've decided to ignore this, and be positive. Maybe they will morph into a solid group tonight. It's possible. At least there is a little more depth.

Also, no Rabach or Vince Young this year gives me hope.

Just another note on 'perspective' before tonight's game.

If you thought Pittsburgh took last week lightly, that could be nothing as to what the Colts will do tonight. They have a deep rooted antipathy toward pre-season. It means NOTHING to them save for getting through with their starters healthy, usually by hardly playing in any of the 4 games. They've lost 7 straight exhibition games, winning a mere 5 of the last 20 some. So if we go out and roll these over, as we might well by keeping our guys in for a half or so, and maybe within that Beck has a similar outing to Rex last week; let's not go nuts in numerous threads having us in the playoff's already huh?

Some times they can be as nauseating pre-season when folk go WAY over the top on the positive as those that do the same on the negative.

Perspective. Or as some dude who never quite got our colors would say, "keep it medium."

Hail.

Just another note on 'perspective' before tonight's game.

If you thought Pittsburgh took last week lightly, that could be nothing as to what the Colts will do tonight. They have a deep rooted antipathy toward pre-season. It means NOTHING to them save for getting through with their starters healthy, usually by hardly playing in any of the 4 games. They've lost 7 straight exhibition games, winning a mere 5 of the last 20 some. So if we go out and roll these over, as we might well by keeping our guys in for a half or so, and maybe within that Beck has a similar outing to Rex last week; let's not go nuts in numerous threads having us in the playoff's already huh?

Some times they can be as nauseating pre-season when folk go WAY over the top on the positive as those that do the same on the negative.

Perspective. Or as some dude who never quite got our colors would say, "keep it medium."

Hail.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh man. Your post was so lovely and had for surely brought me back down to earth..even before the game. But then there was that last part your threw in there. That with my mom on the phone today being like "you know I was watching some preseason game i cant remember which one (there was only two on last night i am pretty sure hahah) and I saw JIM ZORN on the sideline"

I feel funny =\

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh man. Your post was so lovely and had for surely brought me back down to earth..even before the game. But then there was that last part your threw in there. That with my mom on the phone today being like "you know I was watching some preseason game i cant remember which one (there was only two on last night i am pretty sure hahah) and I saw JIM ZORN on the sideline"

I feel funny =\

:ols: :secret: Best not mention that the last time we played Indy and whooped them in pre-season some dude from Hawaii was the star and we gained an Island's worth of fans until he moved on.

Hail.

Archived