Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN - Lee Evans to the Ravens for a 4th

Dan T.

Its a meh trade for both sides. Not sure what Evans has left, he's had a few good years in Buffalo, but its seems like the last few years he's lost some of his speed. The Ravens need WRs so its not a terrible move, but I don't think they become AFC favorites because of it.

Its a meh trade for both sides. Not sure what Evans has left, he's had a few good years in Buffalo, but its seems like the last few years he's lost some of his speed. The Ravens need WRs so its not a terrible move, but I don't think they become AFC favorites because of it.

The only X factor might be that for Evans, getting out of Buffalo is like getting a new lease on life. To finally be with a good team with a decent quarterback might rejuvenate his career. I can definitely see that happening - especially being paired up with Bolden on the other side.

The only X factor might be that for Evans, getting out of Buffalo is like getting a new lease on life. To finally be with a good team with a decent quarterback might rejuvenate his career. I can definitely see that happening - especially being paired up with Bolden on the other side.

Could happen. But like I said, his weapon is his speed. If he's lost a step or 2, he's not the same WR as he used to be. Its wroth a gamble for the Ravens who need WRs, but I don't think it will put them over the top.

Could happen. But like I said, his weapon is his speed. If he's lost a step or 2, he's not the same WR as he used to be. Its wroth a gamble for the Ravens who need WRs, but I don't think it will put them over the top.

Pretty soon it will no longer be about the WOs but better yet the quarterback.

Can Flacco show his worth this year... either way, if he fails than that's just more laughs for me.

If this move was made 3-4 years ago, it would be a great move, but as of right now, I'd say that it's a good move. Don't think he's anywhaere near the route runner that Mason was, though they have Anquan Boldin to move the chains, and he's more of a deep ball receiver than anything else, though like others have said, he's probably not as fast as he used to be. It'll definitely be interesting to see how this turns out though.

Meh ... I'd have rather kept Mason for another season and slowly worked Tory Smith into the passing game as the deep threat. Flacco will be fine.

You know, Derrick Mason really is an ageless wonder. His numbers have been remarkably consistent over his long career. As recently as 2009 at age 35 he had one of the best years statistically of his career - 73 catches, 1028 yards, 7 TDs. Even last year he put up respectable numbers - 61 catches, 801 yards, 7 TDs.

He's creeping up on 1,000 career catches, something only 7 other players in NFL history have accomplished. The Jets picked him up. I'll be watching to see if he makes the roster and gets some playing time. Right now they have him listed as the backup at the two slot to Santonio Holmes.

Archived