Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tips for coming to DC, attending game FOR A GIANTS FAN.

pbelli01

That would be nice. They ought to take a cue from high school football stadiums in that respect: put the opposing fans on one side and home fans on the other.

Impossible. Fans would end up mixing regardless, and the opposing team fans who get tickets to FedEx get them from season ticket holders, or through brokers or ebay. Much like Snyder, it is greed that causes our stadium to be taken hostage when our rivals come to town. Of course, when we put a decent product on the field, the problem seems to diminish greatly.

For what it's worth, the ES Tailgate does welcome opposing team fans who behave themselves. If you actually have half a clue when talking football, that's always a plus. We're nice people, and we assume that other football fans are generally nice people too. (Except Philly and Dallas fans of course. ;) )

The folks who work to organize the Tailgate don't ask anything in return, but bringing some food or booze to share is encouraged. Monetary contributions are also accepted. Look for a stickied thread by pez in The Stadium closer to game day for more info.

That would be nice. They ought to take a cue from high school football stadiums in that respect: put the opposing fans on one side and home fans on the other.

I'm thinking more like they do for college football and MLS games. Basically give the visitors the crappiest seats available, but let them sit together. Better for security reasons as well if you ask me.

While I don't really believe that creating an opposing team fans section would actually work to it's full potential, it's a decent concept. Having the other teams fans just kinda peppered around the stadium gets annoying especially when you are buying a seat in a different spot than your last. You never know if you're gonna end up in Giantland or an Eagles nest or some crap like that, and then watching the game just becomes secondary to all the trash talking.

I know its been brought up before, but if I had season tixs I would not sell them to an opposing fan, I would rather eat the cost, thats just me. I understand some people cant afford to eat the cost, but for me if I am going to a game, I only invite people who are redskins fans, my mother is from texas and is a die hard Cowgirls fan and I have never invited her to a game, while I have taken my dad (huge skins fan, and who got me loving the skins) to a ton of games. If I treat my mother that way then some random fan can well SUCK IT when it comes to sitting in FEDEX

I know its been brought up before, but if I had season tixs I would not sell them to an opposing fan, I would rather eat the cost, thats just me. I understand some people cant afford to eat the cost, but for me if I am going to a game, I only invite people who are redskins fans, my mother is from texas and is a die hard Cowgirls fan and I have never invited her to a game, while I have taken my dad (huge skins fan, and who got me loving the skins) to a ton of games. If I treat my mother that way then some random fan can well SUCK IT when it comes to sitting in FEDEX

I agree. I ate my Redskins/Steelers tickets last night, rather than putting them out there for some Steelers fan to grab. If we want the atmosphere of our stadium to improve, season ticket holders are the only ones who can affect that. Don't invite your "giants fan friend," or your brother in law who "loves the Eagles." Respect the home field advantage.

I agree. I ate my Redskins/Steelers tickets last night, rather than putting them out there for some Steelers fan to grab. If we want the atmosphere of our stadium to improve, season ticket holders are the only ones who can affect that. Don't invite your "giants fan friend," or your brother in law who "loves the Eagles." Respect the home field advantage.

In theory but this isn't 1999, in this economy, people need all the $$$ they can get.

In theory but this isn't 1999, in this economy, people need all the $$$ they can get.

Then don't buy season tickets. Or sell your tickets to Redskins fans. Its not hard, i've held 4 seats now for 10 years now, and sell 2 seats of them every year to Redskins fans.

i love fedex field. its not even about the stadium. i don't know why people ***** so much about it. the only reason i go there is to see the redskins play live. otherwise i don't care how many bars are there, how good the concessions are and the other things that really don't matter

Then don't buy season tickets. Or sell your tickets to Redskins fans. Its not hard, i've held 4 seats now for 10 years now, and sell 2 seats of them every year to Redskins fans.

Preaching to the choir. I'd love for people to not sell to opposing fans but it is what it is.

You can walk to the stadium from the Greenbelt metro like others have suggested, but its an uphill walk. If you get off one station early at Suitland, you'll have a walk thats a bit longer, but not uphill and tiring.

Your other option is taking the orange line and getting off at the Landover stop. Landover is where Fed Ex Field is in in Maryland and they have a connecting shuttle. Wait at the bus waiting area and the shuttles roll around every 20 minutes.

Go to Nellie's Sports Bar on U Street for pregaming. It's the best place in the DMV area for pre football festivities.

For what it's worth, the ES Tailgate does welcome opposing team fans who behave themselves. If you actually have half a clue when talking football, that's always a plus. We're nice people, and we assume that other football fans are generally nice people too. (Except Philly and Dallas fans of course. ;) )

The folks who work to organize the Tailgate don't ask anything in return, but bringing some food or booze to share is encouraged. Monetary contributions are also accepted. Look for a stickied thread by pez in The Stadium closer to game day for more info.

Perfectly said Dfitz

We will be putting up the thread for the Giants game immediately following the Game against Tampa on 9/1.

Our tailgate is welcoming of all fans as long as you aren't a jerk. Anyone who does become a problem is expelled. We actually like talking intelligent football with other fans.

Hate the team, not the fan!

i love fedex field. its not even about the stadium. i don't know why people ***** so much about it. the only reason i go there is to see the redskins play live. otherwise i don't care how many bars are there, how good the concessions are and the other things that really don't matter

Agreed, how many bars are there should not matter, I love beer but not enough to pay 8 dollars for one. I come early tail gate drink my beer, cook my food then sober up during the game for the drive home.

If you are there for anything other than football then I question your fandom.

That absolutely SUCKS. I will officially reduce my in-game beer purchase from one to NONE.

Same....I usually bought one beer inside, when I attend a game. If I go to one this year it will be no inside beer purchases.

For those that want bars, flat screens, comfortable seating etc. I suggest either staying at home or going to a sports bar, I won club level tickets to a game 2 seasons ago and it was crazy how many people were sitting inside watching the game on TV....why even go I can watch the game on TV from the comfort of my Lazy Boy and have all the cheap beer, and food I want and use a clean bathroom. But if your gonna go to the game get out there and watch it no matter the weather.

That's because it blows. Apparently your standards are really low. Going to Gilette only reaffirmed by conclusion that FedEx sucks. There's almost nothing around the stadium.

Metro to Largo Town Center (blue). It's a mile walk to the stadium. There were shuttle buses but thanks to stupid FTA regulations that's gone.

All I need is some cool Buds and a Ticket to the skins game and I am fine.

Did you ever go to RFK? It was a freaking DUMP.... but it was awesome b/c the Skins played there. Same with FedEx... its about the team and the game.

Also -the stadium has been there for 15 years now. You might want to let go of the crybabying about where they put it. But if you like to cry like a *****, please continue to do so.

---------- Post added August-16th-2011 at 11:31 AM ----------

Nicely said. Its football!

I know allot of this comes from the Skins just being a crap team for over a decade... but hell, the Skins are my religion and FedEx is my cathedral.

Archived