Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Om Field: Redskins 2011, Preseason Eve

Om

August 11, 2011

And just like that, the endless offseason ... does.

It is never hard to do the traditional "Preseason Game One" scene-setter post. This year it's even easier than usual.

● It's hard to imagine ever completely losing the childlike expectation and anticipation that comes with the preseason opener. When the Washington Redskins take to the field tomorrow night to meet the Pittsburgh Steelers, it will have been 223 days since we last saw our team storm the field. That moment alone is worth tuning in for. The emerald gridiron, the thunderous crowd, the thudding flash and smoke of fireworks, the leaping, woofing warriors in full battle gear ...

If none of that gets you amped after nearly eight months of enforced abstinence, I daresay your inner child needs a hug.

● The lockout turned what is usually an interminable offseason player acquisition phase into a breathless, whirlwind two-week game of musical chairs. The music hasn't even stopped echoing yet. As as result, a large part of tomorrow night will simply be matching jersey numbers and body types to names we've so far only read about for a few short days.

There is nothing quite like seeing an intriguing new player in burgundy and gold for the first time. It's not unlike a first date--first impressions come 'round but once.

● Oh yeah, we get our actual first look at said new players tomorrow night. This year's preseason opener brings a bonanza like few in recent memory. In no particular order, and not exclusively, we are about to get those all-important first impressions of ...

CLICK HERE to read more

WR Leonard Hankerson - if one is to believe the whispers, there are objective observers out there who actually believe the Redskins may have gotten a true steal landing Hank in the third round. Really? The Redskins? A steal in the draft? At receiver? Gulp.

One can only hope.......HTTR!

I just punched a complete stranger in the face.

you to??? :ols::ols:

great point on the draft picks OM ... its real refreshing to get excited for guys we drafted as opposed to guys we backed up the First Virginia Bank truck for.

Karriker, Cofield and Bowen - sounds like a high-powered law firm. You have the floor gentlemen. Feel free to make the new projected starting defensive line's opening argument a strong one.

I like! The Firm ...

Great write up Om as usual - except I am wondering if you actually are having legal difficulties (and Karricker, Cofield and Bowen are your representitives) or you Mortal Kombated Adam Carrikers name by accident ?

Karriker, Cofield and Bowen - sounds like a high-powered law firm. You have the floor gentlemen. Feel free to make the new projected starting defensive line's opening argument a strong one. .

Mucho thanks for the reads and comments, all. It's fun to write when you're undefeated.

I just punched a complete stranger in the face.

I say, "****in' A, bubba."

My lawyer says, "The Om Field denies any responsibility."

great point on the draft picks OM ... its real refreshing to get excited for guys we drafted as opposed to guys we backed up the First Virginia Bank truck for.

I like! The Firm ...

Closer we get to actual game action, the more curious/excited I am to see what this crop of draftees is all about. Given recent history, the idea of having a strong draft class to start restocking the shelves around here is pure oxygen.

Literally laughed out loud at that one. Great writeup Om!

Josh Wilson has a chance to earn a LOT of good will in DC if he hangs on to the first couple of clean INT opportunities he gets. Conversely, if he drops 'em ... well, you know.

Great write up Om as usual - except I am wondering if you actually are having legal difficulties (and Karricker, Cofield and Bowen are your representitives) or you Mortal Kombated Adam Carrikers name by accident ?

Can't believe I missed that. Or that so far only one person has called me on it. Thanks ... fixed!

Archived