Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com - Power Rankings

goflyhelo

Homerism can be equated to "We're not 32 more like 29" um, what is the difference? 2011 season is nothing more than a transition year that should have happened in 2010.

Hail! (things will get better guys)

This post sums it up - who wants to hear - "We suck - but a couple teams suck more, so it's all good.." Like most people say in here - If you don't win the Super Bowl - then who cares... right?

This post sums it up - who wants to hear - "We suck - but a couple teams suck more, so it's all good.." Like most people say in here - If you don't win the Super Bowl - then who cares... right?

Bingo

The best part about the year will be watching our team come together. We finally took some of the most crucial steps getting younger and faster now the chemistry and comradery needs to happen on the field week in and week out. Coach really needs every bit of his 5 years here. If everything goes as planned Shanny Jr is our future HC. Lets sit back and watch it unfold. Its the NFL, you really never know but one things for sure in DC we haven't been consistent at producing a winner since the late 80s early 90s.

Hail!

Either Redskins fans don't pay enough attention, are eternal optimists or simply do not understand the game. That's why they're mad. Disrespect!!!!

Once we get a QB, it all changes. But the funny thing is people really want to see us go 8-8 with Sexy Beck cause it shows improvement. :doh:

What respect do you or the 'skins deserve? Someone has to be last and they thought we're the worst. Why do you demand respect? We have done nothing for you to demand it.

this is like a mockdraft in september

Bingo

---------- Post added August-10th-2011 at 05:35 PM ----------

Either Redskins fans don't pay enough attention, are eternal optimists or simply do not understand the game. That's why they're mad. Disrespect!!!!

Once we get a QB, it all changes. But the funny thing is people really want to see us go 8-8 with Sexy Beck cause it shows improvement. :doh:

Someone would have to be a complete idiot to want us to do worse. And when I say complete, I mean complete. This whole tanking the season to get something that may or may not be there is ludicrous beyond belief. Losers do that sort of thing. This isn't the NBA.

Bingo

---------- Post added August-10th-2011 at 05:35 PM ----------

Someone would have to be a complete idiot to want us to do worse. And when I say complete, I mean complete. This whole tanking the season to get something that may or may not be there is ludicrous beyond belief. Losers do that sort of thing. This isn't the NBA.

So in the 2008 season there were tons of fans who wanted us to loose against (last game of the year) San Fran so we could get the highest pick possible. Loser mentality or better for the team overall mentality? Its all subjective bro. Winning now but no cigar compared to building to win in the future and increasing the chance for multiple cigars.

I don't think you understand what that poster and I are saying.

You cannot say we will win more this year, because we almost won other games last year. We also almost lost others games last year as well.

Meaning, our record justified the type of team we were.

Fair enough. But then I am sure you will agree that the "team we were" was a team that was in just about every ball game late in the fourth quarter right? You'll agree that we were a team that was competitive in just about every game we played. You'll agree that if the ball woulda bounced a little different not only could we have been 3-13 but we could have been 9-7 last year as well right? You'd have to agree then the "team we were" beat both of the teams who played in the NFC championship game last year and one of them on the road and the other the eventual Superbowl champion right? You'll agree we took the Peyton and the colts to the brink just like we choked away the detroit game right?

You'll also agree I assume that we were "that team" in our first year under a new coach? Under new systems on both sides of the ball? With the 31st ranked defense in the league? With almost an entire defensive unit ill-suited for the scheme that was being implemented in this town for the first time in its history right?

You'll agree that included major injuries to Landry who was on pace for DPOY honors before getting injured right? With a rookie left tackle? With major distractions from Haynesworth? With no free agency due to the uncapped rules?

I have to assume you are cool with all of those things. NOW, are we ARGUABLY better than "that team"? Are we arguably as better as the opponents got? In other words, are we incrementally better this year than Green Bay got between last year and this one? Cowboys? Giants? Dolphins? Bills? Anyone else on our schedule? (maybe sans philly?). seriously. Do we get any benefit given to "this team" that it is in the second year of the system? That just about every unit has been filled with players who were hand picked for the system? Do you expect this defense to really be 31st in the league again? If so, is Otogwe really not an upgrade from Kareem Moore? You sure Josh Wilson won't get more picks than the 2 or defend more passes than 12? You sure that Kerrigan isn't a better, younger faster fit at 3-4 olb than Andre Carter? You sure Stephen Bowen isn't an upgrade from Vonnie Holliday? Jarvis Jenkins isn't an upgrade over Phillip Daniels/Vonnie Holliday? Cofield can't be an upgrade at nose? Really? You think Will Montgomery can't be better than Rabach at center? No development for Trent Williams despite coming into camp in outstanding shape? You like Roydell Williams and Joey Galloway over Gaffney? No chance Hankerson becomes a playmaker (I mean it does happen from time to time that a rookie wideout makes a serious contribution right?)

You like Torraine and Keiland Williams over Hightower, Helu, and Torraine? Chester isn't an upgrade? Another year in the offense gives us nothing either? Another year removed from hip surgery for Brown means we should expect no improvement despite overwhelming visual evidence of his improvement toward the end of last year?

Is it all the QB that makes it sensible to predict "this team" to be dead last in the league but Dallas with the same record, a new D-coordinator, first full year with Garrett and basically no additions to speak of and the same sorry ass secondary as before should be 14th??? Really? Carolina should get more props despite the lockout, rookie QB, head coach who has NEVER been one, etc.? Cinci? Seriously? The titans? Why? Hasselback?

I don't mean to single you out by the way, I see it all over this board and obviously all across the country and all the local mediots too. Its baseless asumptions. Baseless. There is nothing to even suggest we will regress this year. It defies logic. The only thing even debatable is the QB position. But was MCnabb really the man for us? Was he leading us to some big victories last year by himself? Grossman was at least as good as he was LAST YEAR.

Fair enough. But then I am sure you will agree that the "team we were" was a team that was in just about every ball game late in the fourth quarter right? You'll agree that we were a team that was competitive in just about every game we played. You'll agree that if the ball woulda bounced a little different not only could we have been 3-13 but we could have been 9-7 last year as well right? You'd have to agree then the "team we were" beat both of the teams who played in the NFC championship game last year and one of them on the road and the other the eventual Superbowl champion right? You'll agree we took the Peyton and the colts to the brink just like we choked away the detroit game right?

You'll also agree I assume that we were "that team" in our first year under a new coach? Under new systems on both sides of the ball? With the 31st ranked defense in the league? With almost an entire defensive unit ill-suited for the scheme that was being implemented in this town for the first time in its history right?

You'll agree that included major injuries to Landry who was on pace for DPOY honors before getting injured right? With a rookie left tackle? With major distractions from Haynesworth? With no free agency due to the uncapped rules?

I have to assume you are cool with all of those things. NOW, are we ARGUABLY better than "that team"? Are we arguably as better as the opponents got? In other words, are we incrementally better this year than Green Bay got between last year and this one? Cowboys? Giants? Dolphins? Bills? Anyone else on our schedule? (maybe sans philly?). seriously. Do we get any benefit given to "this team" that it is in the second year of the system? That just about every unit has been filled with players who were hand picked for the system? Do you expect this defense to really be 31st in the league again? If so, is Otogwe really not an upgrade from Kareem Moore? You sure Josh Wilson won't get more picks than the 2 or defend more passes than 12? You sure that Kerrigan isn't a better, younger faster fit at 3-4 olb than Andre Carter? You sure Stephen Bowen isn't an upgrade from Vonnie Holliday? Jarvis Jenkins isn't an upgrade over Phillip Daniels/Vonnie Holliday? Cofield can't be an upgrade at nose? Really? You think Will Montgomery can't be better than Rabach at center? No development for Trent Williams despite coming into camp in outstanding shape? You like Roydell Williams and Joey Galloway over Gaffney? No chance Hankerson becomes a playmaker (I mean it does happen from time to time that a rookie wideout makes a serious contribution right?)

You like Torraine and Keiland Williams over Hightower, Helu, and Torraine? Chester isn't an upgrade? Another year in the offense gives us nothing either? Another year removed from hip surgery for Brown means we should expect no improvement despite overwhelming visual evidence of his improvement toward the end of last year?

Is it all the QB that makes it sensible to predict "this team" to be dead last in the league but Dallas with the same record, a new D-coordinator, first full year with Garrett and basically no additions to speak of and the same sorry ass secondary as before should be 14th??? Really? Carolina should get more props despite the lockout, rookie QB, head coach who has NEVER been one, etc.? Cinci? Seriously? The titans? Why? Hasselback?

I don't mean to single you out by the way, I see it all over this board and obviously all across the country and all the local mediots too. Its baseless asumptions. Baseless. There is nothing to even suggest we will regress this year. It defies logic. The only thing even debatable is the QB position. But was MCnabb really the man for us? Was he leading us to some big victories last year by himself? Grossman was at least as good as he was LAST YEAR.

You, I and alot of other people have been trying to reason with these people. Even if every upgrade doesn't impact the team they will still win 1 or 2 more games. No matter how many facts you present they will still believe what they want.

You, I and alot of other people have been trying to reason with these people. Even if every upgrade doesn't impact the team they will still win 1 or 2 more games. No matter how many facts you present they will still believe what they want.

Agreed, brotherz couldn't have said it any better. Saying we are going to be 0-16 and should tank for luck is no different than Grossman predicting we're going to take the NFC East.

Can somebody start a ban on anything to do with Andrew Luck I've never been more frustrated with a redskin in my life, and he isnt on this team and everybody thinks he is. more than likely he will not be in a skins uniform, it just not happening. we will not be the worst team in the league next year and the one who is will draft him and trade him if they dont need him. im so tired of tank for luck, or suck for luck, you guys are so damn annoying with that, on every thread even if it has nothing to do with it, he gets brought up. I hope we get him too i understand the hype, but not at the cost of this season or any season being the worst team in the league, i didnt become a fan of this game to want to lose, it hurts to lose even if i know its for the better in the long run" which is totally a what if situation that we cant control" . I hope none of you get your wish, and we make the playoffs this year, call me a homer, or delusional or whatever but I will be a fan of The skins forever and I want to win every game. regardless of the future draft

I think we are ranked too highly. Boise State and Auburn should also be ahead of the Skins.

I really don't care, I hope we do tank the season, draft Luck, draft well next year, move on. This team needs to rebuild. Grossman is grossly misinfirmed thinking this team will win the Eastern anything, much less NFC East. Lot of holes to fill, need a QB (should have traded for Kyle Orton) and still stuck with a horrible owner.

---------- Post added August-10th-2011 at 07:31 PM ----------

Can somebody start a ban on anything to do with Andrew Luck I've never been more frustrated with a redskin in my life, and he isnt on this team and everybody thinks he is. more than likely he will not be in a skins uniform, it just not happening. we will not be the worst team in the league next year and the one who is will draft him and trade him if they dont need him. im so tired of tank for luck, or suck for luck, you guys are so damn annoying with that, on every thread even if it has nothing to do with it, he gets brought up. I hope we get him too i understand the hype, but not at the cost of this season or any season being the worst team in the league, i didnt become a fan of this game to want to lose, it hurts to lose even if i know its for the better in the long run" which is totally a what if situation that we cant control" . I hope none of you get your wish, and we make the playoffs this year, call me a homer, or delusional or whatever but I will be a fan of The skins forever and I want to win every game. regardless of the future draft

In order to win in the NFL, sometimes you have to lose. Ask the Rams

And I would spot you that the Bengals ad Browns may be worse than the Skins this year. There certainly are not a LOT of teams worse than us. I told people last year when in week 2 they let one get away vs Houston, this team would fall apart, and they did.

The Cowboys had the same record as the REdskins last year right? The Redskins lost more close games than the Cowboys. Oh well the power rankings are stupid.

That's another team I would put under the Skins possibly. The Cowboys do not have a ton of talent, but I think Garrett gets them to play for him. That's huge. Shannahan I have little faith in. He didn't bring a Superbowl to Denver - Elway and company brought one to Denver.

That's another team I would put under the Skins possibly. The Cowboys do not have a ton of talent, but I think Garrett gets them to play for him. That's huge. Shannahan I have little faith in. He didn't bring a Superbowl to Denver - Elway and company brought one to Denver.

Really? We're back to debating this? It was Terrell Davis who spurred the Super Bowl runs. Terrell Davis - a Mike Shanahan draft pick. Elway might have made the Super Bowl before Shanahan got there, but it was Shanny's coaching that put them over the top.

You really think that a first time head coach in Garrett inspires more confidence than someone who has three rings (in case you forgot, he won one as the OC for San Francisco). Can we drop the "Shanahan was nothing without Elway" arguments?

Hell, Belichick was nothing without Brady. Cowher was nothing without Roethlisberger. Bill Walsh was nothing without Montana or Young. :rolleyes: :beatdeadhorse:

Really? We're back to debating this? It was Terrell Davis who spurred the Super Bowl runs. Terrell Davis - a Mike Shanahan draft pick. Elway might have made the Super Bowl before Shanahan got there, but it was Shanny's coaching that put them over the top.

You really think that a first time head coach in Garrett inspires more confidence than someone who has three rings (in case you forgot, he won one as the OC for San Francisco). Can we drop the "Shanahan was nothing without Elway" arguments?

Hell, Belichick was nothing without Brady. Cowher was nothing without Roethlisberger. Bill Walsh was nothing without Montana or Young. :rolleyes: :beatdeadhorse:

No disrespect dude but Zorn did a better job in his first year as head coach of this circus than Shanny did last year. Zorn had JC as his QB a banged up Clinton Portis and Oline that died in the middle of the year PLUS no WRs outside of tana. Andre Blatche made Greg Williams 4-3 look passive aggressive. Jim (lost in la la land) Zorn.

I agree here HitMan - Elway was key but Shanny did a great job building that team up with great drafts and his Lines were amazing. I think the issue with him possibly having success with the Skins is he doesn't have a QB that can make all he reads - thus allowing teams to stack the box and slow down his next RB project. He needs good Oline play and respect from the Defenses for the QB. Elway and TD gave him both and the rest is history. As hey say " Its not the X's and the O's it's the Willies and the Joe's .. Shanny just doesnt have the Willies and Joe's quite yet ...

No disrespect dude but Zorn did a better job in his first year as head coach of this circus than Shanny did last year.

Seriously.

Zorn started out 6-2 as a Redskin coach. That was with a Joe Gibbs roster coming off a playoff season and the league didn't know how to plan for him. We all know what happened the last 24 games of Zorn's tenure........... HE FINISHED 6-18!!!!!!!!

Record aside, Shanahan's first two years has already been more successful than Zorn's based on that fact that he has changed the culture and brought in players who want to play football and not be selfish.

Oh yeah, you were the one who said that Dallas' had better talent than us in every position except for safety. I am not even going to address that. There is no point because if you think that Dallas is that much better than us then you haven't been paying attention.

Seriously.

Zorn started out 6-2 as a Redskin coach. That was with a Joe Gibbs roster coming off a playoff season and the league didn't know how to plan for him. We all know what happened the last 24 games of Zorn's tenure........... HE FINISHED 6-18!!!!!!!!

Record aside, Shanahan's first two years has already been more successful than Zorn's based on that fact that he has changed the culture and brought in players who want to play football and not be selfish.

Oh yeah, you were the one who said that Dallas' had better talent than us in every position except for safety. I am not even going to address that. There is no point because if you think that Dallas is that much better than us then you haven't been paying attention.

Sorry bro but you took my statement and twisted it. I didn't say Coach Shanahan's first two years. I don't know how year two is going to play out for Coach and our team. Zorn had a better first year than Shanahan. You can say Joe Gibbs roster all you want but that 2008 team was Jim Zorns. Coach Gibbs retired in 2007. Greg Williams left in 2007. Coach Shanahan had a rough first year. Hopefully things get better in year two but I wouldn't count on it.

Hail!

#3 says it all...."an offense dominated by shonn greene"...Ive heard tht garbage for the past 2 years and he aint done $%^&^*^T&^%^$#^% but stink up my fantasy roster..

I think sports analyst have surpassed forecasters for having a job that pays them pretty well, to be wrong 95% of the time..

Eh, whatever.

I don't know if the goal of the sports media is to demoralize us or the players on this team, but it won't work. I think we're all used to being the joke of the NFL. What more could they take away from us? I say go ahead and let them say what they will. No respect at all means this team can only go up.

14. Dallas Cowboys

It's tough putting Jerry's boys even this high. But truth is, Dallas went 5-3 down the stretch, and the three losses were by a total of seven points. They probably should have gone 7-1.

WTF does this even mean...Maybe we should have won 16 games last year..probably.

#3 says it all...."an offense dominated by shonn greene"...Ive heard tht garbage for the past 2 years and he aint done $%^&^*^T&^%^$#^% but stink up my fantasy roster..

I think sports analyst have surpassed forecasters for having a job that pays them pretty well, to be wrong 95% of the time..

goddamn Shonn Greene. I missed the beginning of my fantasy draft and he was autopicked for me in the first round (someone I did NOT want).

Tell me WHY we are the worst team in the NFL. Here is why we are not.

Our somewhat competitive team last year has upgraded %50 of the roster.

QB Rex Grossman > Donovan Mcnabb (Soo Inaccurate!)

C Will Montgomery > Casey Rabach

G Chris Chester > Artis Hicks

RT Sean Locklear > Stephon Heyer

RB Roy Helu > Keiland Williams

WR Jabar Gafney > Joey Galloway

WR Donte Stallworth > Roydel Williams

DE Jarvis Jenkins > Philip Daniels

DE Stephen Bowen > Vonnie Holladay

NT Barry Cofield > Maake Kemoatu

LOLB Ryan Kerrigan > Lorenzo Alexander

FS Oj Atogwe > Kareem Moore

CB Josh Wilson > Carlos Rogers

ILB Key Fox > H.B. Blades

Mike Shanahan

Mike Shanahan

Mike Shanahan

Mike Shanahan

Tell me WHY we are the worst team in the NFL. Here is why we are not.

Our somewhat competitive team last year has upgraded %50 of the roster.

QB Rex Grossman > Donovan Mcnabb (Soo Inaccurate!)

C Will Montgomery > Casey Rabach

G Chris Chester > Artis Hicks

RT Sean Locklear > Stephon Heyer

RB Roy Helu > Keiland Williams

WR Jabar Gafney > Joey Galloway

WR Donte Stallworth > Roydel Williams

DE Jarvis Jenkins > Philip Daniels

DE Stephen Bowen > Vonnie Holladay

NT Barry Cofield > Maake Kemoatu

LOLB Ryan Kerrigan > Lorenzo Alexander

FS Oj Atogwe > Kareem Moore

CB Josh Wilson > Carlos Rogers

ILB Key Fox > H.B. Blades

Mike Shanahan

Mike Shanahan

Mike Shanahan

Mike Shanahan

Everything you typed means absolutely nothing until we see results on the field. If there is one thing Redskins fans should have learned throughout the course of every offseason is to tamper expectations going into the next season regardless of what additions or subtractions have taken place.

For instance, if I was to search the old Haynesworth signing thread in 2009 and look at how the overwhelming majority of this forum was overjoyed and knew without a doubt that he would have an IMMEDIATE positive impact on our 4-3 it would leave one scratching their head as to why it didn't work. The same goes about our then rookie WRs heading into their second year with 1 full year of experience under their belts. The assumption around here was Devin and Malcolm are ready for big years in 2009. Little did we know it was really Fred who was ready the whole time.

These additions and subtractions don't mean anything until the wins start rolling in. Coach Shanahan isn't the Denver Head Coach anymore. Elway and Davis are not in our locker room. He had a bad first year. Coach Zorn had a better first year than Coach Shanahan. Until things turn on on the field we are what we are.

Hail!

Archived