Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need advice on parking for game vs the Steelers (8/12)

authentic

This will be my first time attending a game @ Fedex this Friday. I would like to know where is the best (closest) place to park. Unfortunately i don't have a parking permit, so i'm aware that i won't be allowed to park on the stadium lot. Any advice will be MUCH appreciated!

-Thanks in advance

There is no parking outside the beltway with shuttle service any more. That disappeared several years ago. The copper lot, as Popeman pointed out is supposed to be cash again this year because the Skins reportedly gave up the lease on that property.. The closest cash lots are the Jericho Church lots off Arena Drive. I believe they charge about $30-35. I have not parked in the Jericho lots (formerly the blue and red lots) for two years. If you park in the closest Jericho lot at the top of the grass hill, there is a cut through the woods line that dumps you out onto FedEx property where the green lot is.

Enjoy the game.

Jericho lot is your best bet.
I disagree. Jericho requires dealing with Arena Dr traffic. The former Copper Lot requires no access to either Arena or Brightseat. Come from 295, hit 50, hit 202, hit Barlowe your parked. Post game, you go left outta the lot on surface streets for 1/2 mile, hang a right and hit 202. Lot to Ashburn post game can be done in 50 min.

This will be my first time attending a game @ Fedex this Friday. I would like to know where is the best (closest) place to park. Unfortunately i don't have a parking permit, so i'm aware that i won't be allowed to park on the stadium lot. Any advice will be MUCH appreciated!

-Thanks in advance

Check out the Bible of cash parking around FedEx, courtesy of the one and only MTH:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?300945-Official-Cash-Lot-Parking-Thread-%28merged%29

When I have gone to the stadium without a permit, I usually haggle with the many scalpers with Green Passes on the right side of Landover road approaching the stadium from DC. They will usually ask for $50, but I have yet to be turned down by offering $30 and starting to drive away if necessary. For a preseason game you should have no problem getting a pass relatively cheap. The best benefit of this option is that if you manage to procure a Green Pass, you can park right net to the official Extremeskins tailgate (see stickied thread on front page)

The other option are the numerous cash lots around the stadium, my favorites are the ones in the car dealership lots at the intersection of Landover Rd. and Brightseat Rd. Not too far a walk to the stadium and they allow hot tailgating. It is a little over a half a mile walk to the Extremeskins tailgate from these lots.

Hope this helps and HTTR!

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think i will roll with the copper lot. any idea how much it is ($30-$40)?

---------- Post added August-10th-2011 at 01:24 PM ----------

Check out the Bible of cash parking around FedEx, courtesy of the one and only MTH:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?300945-Official-Cash-Lot-Parking-Thread-%28merged%29

.........Hope this helps and HTTR!

Thanks i will consider the scaplers as well. At least i know i have options. :)

As far as closest, the Jericho cash lot is the best, but there is A LOT of traffic you will deal with when leaving and coming (unless you arrive early). The other would be that Copper Lot, but from what I remember the Redskins don't run it anymore, so it may or may not be there.

You might just want to look for a parking pass online, a lot of people sell them cheap for preseason, probably could find a green for like $10-20.

I disagree. Jericho requires dealing with Arena Dr traffic. The former Copper Lot requires no access to either Arena or Brightseat. Come from 295, hit 50, hit 202, hit Barlowe your parked. Post game, you go left outta the lot on surface streets for 1/2 mile, hang a right and hit 202. Lot to Ashburn post game can be done in 50 min.

I disagree. Arrive early, don't have to deal with Arena Dr Traffic. There is a cut thru along the woods that will take you str8 to green lot. Good Luck!!

Archived