Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WEx.com - John Kiem Practice report: Redskins analysis, Aug. 9

c4man5282

http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/nfl/2011/08/practice-report-redskins-analysis-aug-9

click link above for full blog...

On a stretch run to the right, Barry Cofield ran to his left and prevented Kory Lichtensteiger from blocking him cleanly. Cofield gained penetration and prevented a cutback lane. This scene rarely occurred last summer. London Fletcher talked about this after practice and it’s something that’s been in the practice reports, but the inside ‘backers are running more cleanly to the ball this summer. Curious to see if that continues in games.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/nfl/2011/08/practice-report-redskins-analysis-aug-9#ixzz1UZDMIA6g

the whole blog is a really good read but the bold really stuck out to me

John Keim has been on it in general. His blogs provide exactly the kind of detail his target audience is looking for. He obviously works hard-living and breathing skins, making good observations, and being prolific with his write ups.

Jason Reid, learn something.

John Keim has been on it in general. His blogs provide exactly the kind of detail his target audience is looking for. He obviously works hard-living and breathing skins, making good observations, and being prolific with his write ups.

Yup.

Kiem's write ups have been the best, I'd say.

Without question. Keim's one of the VERY few good journo's left out there, who put's the leg work in and backs up everything he writes. The Examiner really does **** all over the Post when it comes to reporting.

Hail.

Very good read, was busy today and wasn't able to monitor the tweet thread. It's nice to get a summation of the days practice by someone who knows what they're looking at.

I'm really excited about the defense. I have a lot of hope for Kerrigan but that will take time, Cofield, Bowen and Atogwe are what I can't wait to get a look at though.

It might just be the grind of practice for Hank. He might just need live fire to focus. I know he didn't drop many his senior year and he didn't have any drops in the Senior Bowl.

Btw, I noticed that Hank had a spectacular game against Clemson last year. I wonder if we were scouting Clemson's D when Hank kept popping up. I belive he had a 7 catch 150 yard day with 3 TD's.

It might just be the grind of practice for Hank. He might just need live fire to focus. I know he didn't drop many his senior year and he didn't have any drops in the Senior Bowl.

Btw, I noticed that Hank had a spectacular game against Clemson last year. I wonder if we were scouting Clemson's D when Hank kept popping up. I belive he had a 7 catch 150 yard day with 3 TD's.

Actually, drops have always been an issue for Hankerson. Granted, they were an issue for Boldin in college too.

I've read several scouting reports that say he had a problem with drops early in his career, but cleaned up the problem.

Yeah, before his Senior year he had problems with drops but he apparently worked like crazy to remedy the issue and it showed in his Senior season. I'm hoping that some of what we're reading is him just being nervous, etc since he has literally only been playing in the NFL in any way for a couple of weeks. Then again, maybe he will just be one of those guys who will make awesome plays but still sometimes drop easy passes. Wouldn't be the end of the world; I can think of a few very good NFL WRs who are like that.

Davis is not a blocker and never will be. He struggled in one-on-one blocking drills vs. the linebackers Monday. This is why Mike Sellers still has a shot to make the team. The only question is, at who's expense? That is a tough question to answer and it's why Sellers can't relax.

Sellers pass blocking skills leave a lot to be desired too. IMO, he downright stinks at it.

The thing the TS put in bold is one of those things -- is it that our DLine is really good or OL really bad. I mean, we may not have seen our DL beating OL and creating lanes for LBs much last season, but we sure saw Lichtenstieger and our OL getting abused a whole lot last season. Here's to hoping it means our DL is getting good.

I look forward to Keim's reports. I read them every time he puts one up. I read Rich Campbell's observations as well.

Yup they're like 1a and 1b as far as the best bloggers. Good stuff. Don't like what i'm hearing about Horton and Hankerson. Seems like they're lacking focus.

if you guys want a good source of Skins stuff via twitter. Keim is your guy. He also answers questions pretty quickly.

You are dead on here. I hit him up on Twitter asking about Chris Neild (hadnt read anything about him) and he responded in about 2 minutes. Awesome.

Amen, brother. Amen.

Ugh. Just ugh. Could we buy a ****ing break at this position please?

Trying to buy a break at this position is exactly what got us in this position. Ba-dum-ching!

I've been saying this about Keim for years now. He is my fav by far. Always look forward to his articles.

I couldn't agree more. Tell us what you see and hear not your opinion.

HTTR

Archived