Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT Haynesworth is day-to-day with undisclosed injury

SkinsCrushCowboys

forever a Redskin in our heart.......same story, different uniform. Sorry mods....been a long summer

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/09/haynesworth-is-day-to-day-with-undisclosed-injury/

NFL teams have no obligation to disclose player injuries during training camp and the preseason. And so don’t count on Patriots coach Bill Belichick to disclose any player injuries during training camp and the preseason.

When it comes to defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, who has been absent from practice lately, Belichick was characteristically concise.

“I think I’d put him in the ‘day-to-day’ category,” Belichick said, via Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald. “He’s getting some treatment and I think he’ll be back out there as soon as he can. I think he’s working really hard and hopefully he’ll be back out there in a matter of, hopefully a day or a couple days.”

As Rapoport points out, Haynesworth has dealt with knee issues in the past.

Speaking more generally, but equally vaguely, Belichick seemed to suggest that none of his players are dealing with injuries that would keep them out for an extended period of time.

Either way, we’ll probably get nothing more specific until Thursday, September 8, at which time we’ll learn at a minimum that quarterback Tom Brady managed to participate fully in practice despite a right shoulder injury with which he apparently has been dealing since birth.

Archived