Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Depth Chart (Washington Times Pre-Season Game 1 Release)

Dub70s

Sweet link, Some randome observations....

Wonder why Banks is underlined as a rookie as the PR and KR?

Kelly has no parenthese around him as being injured, yet he is buried on the WR chart. (Nice knowing ya)

Donte, TA, and Paul are competing for 1 or 2 slots. (What are the practice squad rules? My guess is that Niles is headed there)

I like the depth on the OL.

I like the depth at CB.

RB has me nervous. I hope Keiland makes the team, as he is the only proven back we have that is not fumble or Injury prone.

IF Carriker and Bowen and Jenkins play well this year, we have a potentially strong D and I am going to go out on a limb here and say that we will finish better than 30th this year. :)

Our LB corp is potentially SICK!

Sweet link, Some randome observations....

Wonder why Banks is underlined as a rookie as the PR and KR?

Kelly has no parenthese around him as being injured, yet he is buried on the WR chart. (Nice knowing ya)

Donte, TA, and Paul are competing for 1 or 2 slots. (What are the practice squad rules? My guess is that Niles is headed there)

I like the depth on the OL.

I like the depth at CB.

RB has me nervous. I hope Keiland makes the team, as he is the only proven back we have that is not fumble or Injury prone.

IF Carriker and Bowen and Jenkins play well this year, we have a potentially strong D and I am going to go out on a limb here and say that we will finish better than 30th this year. :)

Our LB corp is potentially SICK!

Looks like he's slotted to play FB.

1st team---------------------------2nd team-----------------------3rd team--------------4th.........etc:

WR 89 Santana Moss13 Anthony Armstrong 19 Donte' Stallworth 11 Aldrick Robinson 14 Malcolm Kelly

80 Isaac Anderson

LT 71 Trent Williams 74 Sean Locklear 61 Corey O'Daniel

LG 78 Kory Lichtensteiger 79 Maurice Hurt 60 Selvish Capers

C 63 Will Montgomery 58 Erik Cook 54 Donovan Raiola

RG 66 Chris Chester 75 Artis Hicks 67 Xavier Fulton

RT 77 Jammal Brown 72 Willie Smith 68 Clint Oldenburg

TE 47 Chris Cooley 83 Fred Davis 82 Logan Paulsen 45 Mike Sellers 86 Joe Torchia

41 Kevin Gidrey

WR 10 Jabar Gaffney 85 Leonard Hankerson 18 Terrence Austin 84 Niles Paul 16 Brandon Banks

QB 8 Rex Grossman 12 John Beck 1 Kellen Clemens 2 Ben Chappell 15 Marc Verica

FB 36 Darrel Young 35 Keiland Williams

RB 39 Tim Hightower 26 Roy Helu 25 Evan Royster 38 Shaun Draughn 24 James Davis

(46 Ryan Torain)

Defense:

LDE 94 Adam Carriker 99 Jarvis Jenkins 90 Doug Worthington

NT 96 Barry Cofield 76 Anthony Bryant 66 Chris Neild 69 Thomas Weaver

RDE 72 Steven Bowen 64 Kedric Golston 93 Darrion Scott 62 Jeff Stehle

LOLB 91 Ryan Kerrigan 97 Lorenzo Alexander 57 Markus White

MLB 59 London Fletcher 51 Keyaron Fox 92 Obi Ezeh

JLB 52 Rocky McIntosh 56 Perry Riley 54 Horatio Blades

ROLB 98 Brian Orakpo 50 Rob Jackson 55 Edgar Jones 58 Eric McBride

LCB 23 DeAngelo Hall 22 Kevin Barnes 29 Reggie Jones 40 Brandyn Thompson 38 Tyrone Grant

RCB 26 Josh Wilson 31 Phillip Buchanon 34 Byron Westbrook 39 Dante Barnes

SS 37 Reed Doughty 48 Chris Horton 24 DeJon Gomes (30 LaRon Landry)

FS 20 Oshiomogho Atogwe 32 Anderson Russell 36 Davonte Shannon (41 Kareem Moore)

SPECIAL TEAMS

K 4 Graham Gano 5 Shayne Graham

P 6 Sav Rocca

LS 57 Nick Sundberg

H 6 Sav Rocca

KR 16 Brandon Banks 34 Byron Westbrook 18 Terrence Austin 13 Anthony Armstrong 84 Niles Paul

PR 16 Brandon Banks 31 Phillip Buchanon 11 Aldrick Robinson 13 Anthony Armstrong 18 Terrence Austin

Things I've noticed:

-Moss, Gaffney, Hankerson and Armstrong seem to be cemented as the first four receivers. I think they're going to keep five primary receivers. If that's the case, my prediction (not just based off this depth chart) is that Austin gets the fifth spot and Banks is #6 as a kick returner, and not really going to be used as a receiver except for rare occasions, if he's healthy. If he's not, Paul or Robinson may have a chance. We're not going to keep Stallworth as a 5th receiver. Or at least we shouldn't. If he's not #3 or #4 at the least, we need to release him and give him a chance to catch on elsewhere. What's interesting to me is how the receivers are grouped. I see guys that are Xs and Zs in both groups. X = Split End, or on the line receiver. Z = flanker, or off the line receiver.

-Everyone's favorite rookie last year (everyone is an exaggeration) Selvish Capers is BURIED on the depth chart. He's had a rough transition to the NFL. Best of luck to him, though. With hard work he could still make the team, but it's not looking good.

-Defense has shaken out to be pretty much as expected. Cofield, Bowen, Carriker. Keyaron Fox as London's backup is interesting. Perhaps that's just to get him on the field to see what he has, as I thought for sure he'd be competing with Riley and Rocky from the other ILB spot. But, then again, we need someone behind Fletcher.

-I put no stock in Grossman as number 1. Just as I wouldn't have put any stock in Beck as number 1. Shanahan is going to let these guys play with the first unit. Both of them. Grossman has been taking more snaps with the 1s due to Beck's injury, so he'll get the first crack.

I guess Grossman is listed as the starter, but the Shannys love John Beck. They don't love him too much.

My pet theory has been that Shanahan always expected Grossman to be the starter, but did not want to hand him the job. Rather Grossman would have to earn it.

Some of this relates to Grossman's contract. Probably Shanahan and Allen have been trying to get a multi-year deal done for Grossman at low dollars, which would enable them to draft a QB next year and keep both. Grossman called that bluff and signed a 1-year contract. He wants the upside $$ of upside performance.

Beck was strictly Plan B. I presume that they already knew before this training camp that Beck does not have a long ball. However, they still wanted Beck to push Grossman. In the event of a total flameout with Grossman in 2011, they might keep Beck and draft a rookie in 2012.

I didn't even know that Marc Verica was with us. I am not a UVA fan, but didn't he almost lose his job to a freshman last year, and didn't the Cavs suck really bad?

Honestly, he was just signed for another practice arm before Rex officially signed. I don't think he will be sticking around long.

I am a UVA fan, and I was stunned when I saw him in camp.

My pet theory has been that Shanahan always expected Grossman to be the starter, but did not want to hand him the job. Rather Grossman would have to earn it.

Some of this relates to Grossman's contract. Probably Shanahan and Allen have been trying to get a multi-year deal done for Grossman at low dollars, which would enable them to draft a QB next year and keep both. Grossman called that bluff and signed a 1-year contract. He wants the upside $$ of upside performance.

Beck was strictly Plan B. I presume that they already knew before this training camp that Beck does not have a long ball. However, they still wanted Beck to push Grossman. In the event of a total flameout with Grossman in 2011, they might keep Beck and draft a rookie in 2012.

I think you have hit the nail on the head.

Archived