Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thinking about moving to the Bmore area

just654

I am thinking about buying a house in the Bmore area. Due to work and price for a single family house. I am not moving into the city, but possibly the towns around in the County or AA county. My main question is watching the skins on TV. My idea is to start building my Redskins man cave and I really dont like Direct TV, so does Verizon or Comcast carry the DC stations to watch the skins?

Thanks for all the help

It really depends on where you are talking about moving to. I am right outside Bmore. My cable company is Broadstripe and they carry both the DC and Bmore channels. I never miss a Skins game. I am in Linthicum. Can you give us more of an idea on where you are looking?

Thanks sure, right now I am looking at catonsville, glen burnie, Arbutus area. I have just really started looking. Also need advice about these areas. I am buying a house with my finance and we want to be able to start a family and make sure these areas have decent schools.

I lived in Baltimore City (Canton) for 7 years. I moved out to Howard County 4 years ago. At the time Comcast was the only option for cable and there were no DC channels. I had directv one year in a place I was renting and changed my billing address to a Laurel PO box and I got DC channels then. It was kind of a hassle and there was extra cost associated with renting a PO box that I never checked. On Comcast we got most Redskins games unless Baltimore went head to head in the time slot. I had and still have season tickets so this would mean that once or twice a year I would have to walk down to a sports bar to watch a game. It was a good way to meet people though because every Redskins fan (and there are a lot more than you think) in the neighborhood came.

Aside from football Baltimore is a good city to live in. The vast majority of the crime there isn't random, so unless you are a drug dealer you don;t have much to worry about.

Archived