Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Outside the lines Washington Redskins (year 2000)

Skinzfever2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM2ae8EX7rg&feature=related (outside the lines PT 1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISTRtFbZsQ0 (Outside the lines PT 2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd2QSX_9ndw&feature=related (Outside the lines PT 3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQFn9V2wS4E&feature=related (Outside the lines PT 4)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4kj4MdBmhk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GeeT6ZghtQ&feature=related

I Just finished reading and started surfing the internet. I'm excited about our 2011 campaign and the overall direction our team seems to be heading in. I stumbled across these videos from the offseason in the year 2000 and it me realize how thankful I am that Vinny is gone and Dan has learned from his mistakes. No matter what happens this year (good, bad, ugly) I know we don't have to worry about the kind of ****ery we became known for last decade. Philly is doomed to fail.

Go skins.

HAIL! :helmet:

People always forget we were 6-2 before the entire offense got hurt. We did the las five weeks with eight starters out on offense. The defensive signings worked, we went from last in defense to I think forth. It really wasnt the stupid disaster everyone makes it out to be.

People always forget we were 6-2 before the entire offense got hurt. We did the las five weeks with eight starters out on offense. The defensive signings worked, we went from last in defense to I think forth. It really wasnt the stupid disaster everyone makes it out to be.

It really was. With the emphasis on super stars, those injuries were the first indication that we lacked depth. Instead of acquiring some solid depth as we signed a couple of big name players, he went all out and started signing super stars ignoring the core players that Gibbs was so successful with. It was the beginning of what we have seen over the last 11 years, miserable and abject failure on the part of Dan Snyder to understand what truly needs to be done to win in the NFL.

I want to throw up every time I watch this. What a waste the last 11 years has been

I hope this past season has been more of an indication of a true change in direction. Would like to think we are in year one of a true 2-3 year rebuilding effort (long overdue).

I couldn't even get through the first minute of the first video. What an embarrassment this franchise has been.

I'm also a Blackhawks fan so I totally know how it is to be a fan of a franchise that is utter trash from the bottom up, but the turn around to a competitor is oh so sweet! From this years draft and free agency, I'm hoping THIS is the year we will FINALLY start to be seen as a respected organization again.

I'm just happy those days are behind us. Dan learned the hard way. He snapped out of it with Gibbs II and relapsed with Zorn but if he didn't relapse we would have never gotten rid of Vinny. Everything makes sense now. I don't care what our record is this year. We're adding depth, our young guys are going to gain experience, no High Roller/Ballers on pay roll.

If you come to Washington your coming to compete on and team headed in the right direction. You want to get paid, go to Dallas or Philly. Without struggle there is no progress. We struggled the last 9 years (05, 07, we kicked ass) now better days are upon us.

Hail!

Ugh.... I couldn't even make it through the first video. Thanks for posting, this should show everyone how far we've come. I remember when all of this was going down. I couldn't understand why Dan was being portrayed so poorly in the media, and then I finally caught on about a year or so later.

HAIL!

Watching Deion at the HOF reminded of all this. I was pleased that he didn't gloss over his time in DC. But still, a 33 yr old corner that kinda contract. I don't care who it is. The fact that he retired (the first time) immediately the next season tells you all you needed to know about how ill advised that signing was.

Were any of those free agents they brought in in 2000 younger than 32-33? In retrospect, you look at it thinking it's amazing anybody thought that was gonna work.

They got nothing out of the QB that year, if I recall. But like someone earlier mentioned, if one of those free agents was a kicker, the story of that season might've been a little different.

Watching Deion at the HOF reminded of all this. I was pleased that he didn't gloss over his time in DC. But still, a 33 yr old corner that kinda contract. I don't care who it is. The fact that he retired (the first time) immediately the next season tells you all you needed to know about how ill advised that signing was.

Were any of those free agents they brought in in 2000 younger than 32-33? In retrospect, you look at it thinking it's amazing anybody thought that was gonna work.

They got nothing out of the QB that year, if I recall. But like someone earlier mentioned, if one of those free agents was a kicker, the story of that season might've been a little different.

It really almost worked. Marty came through and cleaned house (even fired dumb ass). Had Dan allowed Marty to become seasoned as our head coach we wouldn't have needed Gibbs II. Dan and Vinny were the underlying issues the whole time. It surfaced as the decade went on and coaches/players were coming in and out like a revolving door. Deion was here today and gone tomorrow. Mark Carrier? Jeff George?

Watching it makes me appreciate the growth of Dan and our new FO. Even if minor mistakes were made last year by with FO. Nobodies FO is going to be perfect. Things are headed in a very different direction now. We may not see real success until year 3 but that just shows how much of a hole we had to crawl out of.

HAIL!

False. It was every inch the disaster.

Instead of signing Jeff George - who for some reason gets overlooked as one of the worst Skins FA signings ever (FAR worse than Deion) - to a huge contract, the Skins could have signed some quality depth which would have been key when people got hurt.

8-8 was a disaster.

Archived