Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Patriots (were) interested in former Bears DT Harris:IMO supplementing Haynesworth?

SWFLSkins

The New England Patriots might be setting their sights on former Chicago Bears defensive tackle Tommie Harris.

If Albert Haynesworth wasn't enough of a reclamation project, the New England Patriots might be setting their sights on former Chicago Bears defensive tackle Tommie Harris.

scrolling on NFLN, Haynesworth misses second day of practice, no explanation.

---------- Post added August-6th-2011 at 06:34 PM ----------

From a Pats board yesterday.......

He was used a bit more but he's not taking a ton of reps. He was supposedly dinged up during this practice too. They are repping a lot of DL so you do see a lot of Albert. I think that he's up and down. One play he's destroys the entire blocking scheme and the next he's invisible. Even the best get blocked a lot. I don't think Albert will have any problem with the scheme. His issue will be effort when the arrows fly for real. I think he's going to be managed throughout the pre-season so we're going to have to wait til the regular season to really know where things stand with Haynesworrh.

That really shows how much faith they have in Haynesworth. If they were considering Tommy HArris then the deal they made for Haynesworth wasn't really what they anticipated. The Patriot fan that made that statement is delusional if he thinks that what they see in preseason is not what they will get in the regular season. Haynesworth isn't motivated enough to make a difference. He stated that he was there to remake his image and name. He also promised Skins fans when he signed with them that "You won't remember Albert Haynesworth as a bust. You will remember him as the best Defensive Linemen ever." Well we all know what has happened to that promise.

Archived