Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please fix your thread title. Good Lord man.

cc4life07

Who cares what the "experts" think? Half of them hate us because they have hated us for years anyway. The other half hate us because of Dan Snyder & most of them love to report on us because we give them something to talk about & ammo for their angst.

This year, all we've done is make good, sound decisions & they hate that because there is little to report on.

Aside from the nonsense of having a power ranking this early, I really wish people would stop with the "Good, I like us being underdogs" bull scat.

That is a loser's mentality, it has been driven into you over the years so often that you believe it to be true but wait until we are a legitimate top 5 for a couple seasons and see how many people are crying for us to be in the bottom 5. It won't happen and it won't happen because nobody wants to be an underdog for the whole season. Maybe for a specific game you can build some fire and desire to win from being an underdog but not for the whole season.

Don't believe me, ask any player on the '91 team if they'd have liked to be listed as underdogs for the season.

Hmmm, folks out this group also state that Kerrigan and Hankerson are in the top 17 most likely to be busts. :confused:

:no: I guess it's just about the sports dot-coms' business needs -- thowing out words to keep the website refreshed. Nothing I'd take seriously.

It's basically "chatter" -- nothing more than superficial impressions without enough real research being done to ensure accuracy. ...The National Enquirer parallel seems appropriate.

Hmmm, folks out this group also state that Kerrigan and Hankerson are in the top 17 most likely to be busts.

There are some decent reasons to hold that opinion, though. Kerrigan is playing a style of defense with which he is completely unfamiliar and Hankerson has been somewhat inconsistent in camp so far (reportedly). It's not just Redskin bashing necessarily.

Is this all about John Beck?

If we signed Orton or drafted Gabbert would we be different in rankings like these?

I am confused on how a team who lost a bunch of close ball games last year, split with the eagles and cowboys, beat the eventual world champs while knocking out their QB, almost beat the Colts, and were competitive in most games last year with 4-3 personnel playing in a 3-4 and everyone learning new systems with major distractions like Haynesworth and a failed QB experiment are now going to be significantly worse in year 2 with an arguably easier schedule and way younger roster after purging the malcontents and pulling in hungry young players that actually fit the system. Why are we worse?

I see Otogwe as a major upgrade. I think the free agent market informed us about where Carlos Rodgers fits in the NFL relative to Josh Wilson. Our defensive line can't possibly be worse. Our linebackers should definately be upgraded. I don't see a single unit on the defense that is worse than last year.

Offensively, our running backs are better than an aging clinton portis, Larry Johnson, etc etc. This year's backfield seems way more promising to me. The O-line with the addition of Chester, another year in the system, the removal of rabach, Brown a year healthier as well as Trent Williams presumably taking his sophomore step forward this year I don't see how we are worse than last year. The receivers are younger and a year more experienced as well. I don't get all the hate.

The worst team in the league this year? I just don't see it.

I have had discussions with people in here that believe this is the worst team in the NFL and will only win 2-3 games. No way that is true. At the very least we are as good as last year, which isnt last...

i have to agree with this. the only area anyone would argue where we are worse is QB, but i, personally, feel thats going to be better too (at least with rex).

i know most teams think they are better every year, but i find it hard to believe this team isnt better, let alone the worst in the NFL, compared to last year.

Aside from the nonsense of having a power ranking this early, I really wish people would stop with the "Good, I like us being underdogs" bull scat.

That is a loser's mentality, it has been driven into you over the years so often that you believe it to be true but wait until we are a legitimate top 5 for a couple seasons and see how many people are crying for us to be in the bottom 5. It won't happen and it won't happen because nobody wants to be an underdog for the whole season. Maybe for a specific game you can build some fire and desire to win from being an underdog but not for the whole season.

Don't believe me, ask any player on the '91 team if they'd have liked to be listed as underdogs for the season.

I agree. Back in the day, everybody knew we were bringing it every year, every game. I want them to talk about us like that again and they will soon my friend! HTTR!

Is this all about John Beck?

No, it is also b/c Shanahan had the audacity to "disrespect" and eventually trade McNabb, who, for whatever reason, has always been a darling of the talking heads in the sports world.

I don't know where our Redskins will finish this season, but LAST it won't be.

I found McNabb's play for much of the year disrespectful to the fans, especially the detroit game. Was watching that one, praying they'd bench him after the int into double coverage late. Didn't end up so well, but I think Shanny showed him a lot of respect by waiting that long. Then afterwards, this media ****storm accusing Shanny of being a racist and a fool cranks into high gear. Only the biggest McNabb fans among the faithful were swayed by it though. Mostly just casual fans bought into this garbage. The same casual fans who pretend to be journalists on Bleacher Report. So imagine that, we're 32nd.

Hahaha

Whatever, glad it's over.

I have season tickets and i'm not going to any games now. Season is over. On the other hand its hilarious how people think Beck is the starter.

If the team starts winning early in the season, are you still not going to show up? doubt it. BTW there is a QB competition going on, Rexy may still be sexy.

If the team starts winning early in the season, are you still not going to show up? doubt it. BTW there is a QB competition going on, Rexy may still be sexy.

Exactly. Hailskins94's statement confirms what we all knew the majority of Redskins fans desire: that big offseason FA splash that will take us to the promised land. If you're not excited about what has transpired this offseason, then you need to take a look at what you want out of this franchise. Do you want to keep suffering through 4-12, 6-10, 8-8 seasons? Or do you want to build up a franchise and not go lower than 9-7 for a few seasons at least? Good thing it's not up to the fans anymore.

Archived