Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please fix your thread title. Good Lord man.

cc4life07

I'd probably put us in the 20's. Maybe about 24 off the top of my head. I think at the moment we are a below average team. We have to see how much the D improves and how quickly. The QB is a question, the line is a question, we don't have a primary running back at the moment. Curiously, our most settled position is probably wide receiver at the moment.

I remember those 2008 rankings, right behind the Giants I believe at that point...oh, how much we all loved Zorn then....

No whining at the Power Rankings, we know they are a joke and aren't accurate and those are from bleacher report...just interesting to look at.

Here's the only other one I've found so far...again from the Baltimore Sun in my opinion, a little high for the Ravens considering they've done little to get any better this year and maybe actually worse with no moves...

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2011-08-03/sports/bal-sportsblitz-nfl-power-rankings0803_1_nfl-power-rankings-nfl-landscape-matt-ryan

"Already?" is the key word here. And it's a good point.

As if anyone can make any intelligent guesses before one snap is counted. I'm going to love watching the rest of the league slap their foreheads when the Redskins turn out to be better than anyone predicted. I'm not sending them to the playoffs but, come on... last place? Shanahan has brought in some good talent. That's good for at least the same record as last year and there's got to be a team in the league that has a worse record than that!

I will say this though... after last season, I luuuuv flying under the radar!

HTTR !

Until we start winning and the AH and DMac side shows are in our distant past we won't be high on anyone's list.

Our DEF is going to be much improved but I haven't heard any media folk talk highly about Beck. I've even seen some grade us an F in free agency because we didn't get us a QB.

Add in that we're cellar dwellers in our division and what do you expect?

Gotta do it right for a couple of years before folks will change their opinions about us.

This happens every year it seems like. As soon as a new season is in place, we start to get the first power rankings which place us near or at the bottom, and we go crazy over this "slight" against us. Then when the season plays out, you realize sadly that not only are the analysts mostly correct in their assessment against us, but we actually turn out WORSE than originally expected. Folks, this is a yearly cycle that usually ends up proving all the experts right. This has been going on now for so many years, what makes you think the experts will actually be wrong this time? So far, except for a couple of instances (2005, 2007), they have a good batting average.

This happens every year it seems like. As soon as a new season is in place, we start to get the first power rankings which place us near or at the bottom, and we go crazy over this "slight" against us. Then when the season plays out, you realize sadly that not only are the analysts mostly correct in their assessment against us, but we actually turn out WORSE than originally expected. Folks, this is a yearly cycle that usually ends up proving all the experts right. This has been going on now for so many years, what makes you think the experts will actually be wrong this time? So far, except for a couple of instances (2005, 2007), they have a good batting average.

Again, I just think it's fun to look at. Not going crazy over it.

Who cares? I've never understood the fascination with journalists putting out these lists. They don't have full knowledge of systems, personnel, injuries, coaches, strategy and plans to be able to really put out a good list.

*shrug*

Could be just me, but I've never really went looking for any power rankings for anything. They bore me. Most of the time they contain a single snippet to go along with their stirring analysis of how good a team is, such as:

"32. Redskins - They play in Washington, D.C."

They put these lists out because it generates traffic/revenue. Not because they're worthwhile.

Archived