Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: USA downgraded by S&P

winstonspencer

well there you go. amazing fail.

i blame everyone.

http://news.yahoo.com/p-reconsidering-u-downgrade-cnbc-001207261.html

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The United States lost its top-notch AAA credit rating from Standard & Poor's on Friday, in a dramatic reversal of fortune for the world's largest economy.

S&P cut the long-term U.S. credit rating by one notch to AA-plus on concerns about growing budget deficits.

U.S. Treasuries, once undisputedly seen as the safest investment in the world, are now rated lower than bonds issued by countries such as the UK, Germany, France or Canada.

The outlook on the new U.S. credit rating is negative, S&P said in a statement, a sign that another downgrade is possible in the next 12 to 18 months.

There's another thread around here where people were saying the cuts were too big and that caused the stock fall off. Now S&P is saying those cuts were too small.

Damned if you do...

Some people will say not enough cuts, other people will say not enough taxes. Well it's actually both. Round and round we go.

I think it all comes down to our dysfunctional political system. We are not willing to work together as adults to solve this problem.

"The downgrade reflects our opinion that the fiscal consolidation plan that Congress and the Administration recently agreed to falls short of what, in our view, would be necessary to stabilize the government’s medium-term debt dynamics,”

I am looking forward to the contortions that some people will make to try to blame this on Obama, or Reid, or Geithner, or anyone but the Tea Party Caucus . It will be entertaining, if not informative.

By Monday at the latest, we will have the uniform script in place from the Right, with all of the Fox talking heads and pundits using the same two or three buzzwords.

Hell yes I'm bitter. Everyone with one ounce of integrity knew this was coming.

Republicans are the kings of partisan politics, putting one in the white house would not make things any better.

it's about someone in the republican party going against party lines and raising taxes. i don't know who and it's NONE of the clowns running for office today.

what part of that don't people understand? you need someone to go against the grain. i really don't care if its republican or democrat. someone needs to step up.

Its seems that some think the Democrats idea of raising taxes on the rich will save the day. plus military cuts.Its not even close to being true.

How ever Democrats control the senate and the white house. So why don't they do there job and introduce a bill to solve the budget issue. I don't care if it passes just introduce any bill would be nice after over two years.

Speaking of contortions...ignoring the issues to blame the Tea Party is quite a feat.

a simple raising of the debt limit would be worse in S&P's view....but there is still hope:silly:

Speaking of contortions...ignoring the issues to blame the Tea Party is quite a feat.

a simple raising of the debt limit would be worse in S&P's view....but there is still hope:silly:

I have no doubt that this is what the Tea Party wanted - they basically said as much.

Its seems that some think the Democrats idea of raising taxes on the rich will save the day. plus military cuts.Its not even close to being true.

How ever Democrats control the senate and the white house. So why don't they do there job and introduce a bill to solve the budget issue. I don't care if it passes just introduce any bill would be nice after over two years.

You mean instead of worrying about a passing a half assed health care bill they might have done something when they had the power.

Nah, the dems on this board probably think the dems didn't know this issue was on the horizon :ols:

But ya'll keep thinking its a raising taxes issue :ols:

Archived