Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

That 70s Thread

I loved the seventies...I was a preteen at the end of it. Here is what I loved

Led Zeppelin, The Eagles, The Beatles, My Redskins football jacket with leather sleeves, Star Wars (which led to mass produced toy lines), Tron, The Brady Bunch, The Partridge Family, Wonder Woman, The Hulk, Saturday Night Live, Atari 2600, Microwaves, and Muscle Cars.

What I didn't like

Gas Crisis, Inflation, Cold War, Iran Hostage Crisis.

[ATTACH]45563[/ATTACH]

Guest Spearfeather

Hate to admit I was a big Kiss fan for a few years. Haven't put on one of their albums in 30 years. ( but I did have most of them ).

Happy Days and Laverne and Shirley, along with Good Times ( loved Thelma ), What's Happening, Kung Fu, Planet of the Apes, Six Million Dollar Man, and yes, The Dukes.

I used to buy 45's at a local drugstore for 99 cents. Toto - Hold the Line. Hot Chocolate - Everyone's a Winner ( with that cool guitar lick ) Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street, Rubberband Man - The Spinners,

Everytime I Think of You - The Baby's. Crazy Love - Poco, My Sharona - The Knack, Heart of Glass- Blondie, just to name a few.

The Evel Kneivel that you wound up, hit the button, and off he would go....hopefully over the ramp.

Stretch Armstrong.

Saturday mornings...Grape Ape, Speed Buggy, Laff-a-lympics, Land of the Lost.

Great thread!

Big Wheels kicked major arse. I had the one with the handbrake you could use to do doughnuts. All kinds of awesome.

Sanford and Son, All in the Family & Good Times. Music wise, Stevie Wonder, Sylvester, Two Tons of Fun, Convoy and Disco Duck. Yeah Baby!!

[/color]Every 12 year old boy in the 70s pretended to be this guy at least once while riding a bike over a hand-made ramp :ols:...

I can blame his influence for a bunch of destroyed bikes and scars,on the plus side I learned to repair them LOL

these bring back memories

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQE_wTPOf8LDKPV2w2uuM42QrtW0kBaJB2ItI11JZ0Wz31U6U5X

I enjoyed the hell out of the 70's

Whoever mentioned the show Cliffhanger is automatically kewl. :) That show was great.

Desert boots, afros, and those poly t-shirts with pics of dirtbikers, racers, etc. were all da bomb. Sadly my Grandmother wasn't having any of that hippie stuff. :mad:

Leo Sayer, Elton John, and the Doobie Bros. FTW

Now this was how to spend some of those Summer Friday nights. Midnight Special.

zLgeTtYwQ7o

Ol Pete there was a bit of a problem at first. As teenage guys,we had to hate him because all the girls thought he was cute,but at the same time,he had some great music on that album,so we could like him,(that and play him on while on a date and..... :) ). As for a "guilty pleasure.

oCuQQcISZTM

Hey. Xylophone solo. :D

Haven't read through the whole thread. But has anyone mentioned Jaws? Talk about your classic films.

---------- Post added August-8th-2011 at 01:45 AM ----------

You guys are all jerks for reminding me how old I am.

I am shocked no one has mentioned Three's Company.

Janet, Chrissy, and then the other randoms.

EDIT: Not to mention Diff'rent Strokes.

Someone mentioned Three's Company earlier. While cheesy, I absolutely loved that show. Janet and Chrissy had it going on.

---------- Post added August-8th-2011 at 01:48 AM ----------

the osmonds and the jackson 5

Speaking of which: Anyone seen Marie Osmond lately? She looks amazing for her age.

I loved the seventies...I was a preteen at the end of it. Here is what I loved

Led Zeppelin, The Eagles, The Beatles, My Redskins football jacket with leather sleeves, Star Wars (which led to mass produced toy lines), Tron, The Brady Bunch, The Partridge Family, Wonder Woman, The Hulk, Saturday Night Live, Atari 2600, Microwaves, and Muscle Cars.

What I didn't like

Gas Crisis, Inflation, Cold War, Iran Hostage Crisis.

[ATTACH]45563[/ATTACH]

I find your post ironic as the Eagles were worse than the Iran Hostage Crisis.

Archived