Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Louie: FX

SuperBash

It's a good show and I've seen every episode of both seasons but it doesn't come across as a comedy, really. I'm familiar with Louis CK's style so spare me the explanations. The only times I find myself really laughing are during the stand-up portions.

Someone mentioned Wilfred. Now there's a funny show. :)

He had a show on HBO a few years ago that was really funny, but it didn't last. Runkle's wife on "californication" was Louie's wife on his show. I thought it was funny as hell.

He has a really dark and morbid sense of humor, which is probably why i like his style of comedy so much.

It's a good show and I've seen every episode of both seasons but it doesn't come across as a comedy, really. I'm familiar with Louis CK's style so spare me the explanations. The only times I find myself really laughing are during the stand-up portions.

Someone mentioned Wilfred. Now there's a funny show. :)

Yeah, one of my best friends is the same way. We both love Louis C.K.'s standup, but he hates the show and I like it a lot. It is the kind of show that is definitely not going to appeal to everyone.

As for Wilfred, I have not watched it yet, but I have every episode on my DVR. There will be a Wilfred marathon this weekend.

He had a show on HBO a few years ago that was really funny, but it didn't last. Runkle's wife on "californication" was Louie's wife on his show. I thought it was funny as hell.

He has a really dark and morbid sense of humor, which is probably why i like his style of comedy so much.

Yeah, I thought the HBO show was great, and actually thought it might appeal to more people than his current show. But I don't think HBO gave it enough time.

The current show is very well produced though, IMO.

• 1 month later...

I watched an episode of this show for the first time last night, the 'Duckling' episode where he goes to Afghanistan on a USO tour, and I was absolutely blown away. It was fantastic. I don't know if it's representative of the show as a whole, or if most episodes are not quite so serious, but I am setting the DVR and looking for other episodes on OnDemand. I like his stand-up and I was expecting it to just be a funny show. It wildly exceeded my expectations.

Archived